• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DeUHD Tool can rip UHD Blu-Ray discs

FYI - I've got data errors on at least two rips. On one it shows up as video corruption and on another it is so bad that the playback stops. You can seek past these points. I've e-mailed the devs and am now re-ripping with the latest version (1002) to see if the errors are in the same place or if it more random. Not good.

Update from me.

Tried 1.0.0.2 last night. Ripped Sully and PowerDVD 17 still can't display the disc's main menu and playback screen is still black.

Ripped Fantastic Beasts with it, PowerDVD can't even play it, it says some files are missing.

Both play fine in 4K HDR when using MPC-HC.

Guys,

These drives are now so much cheaper than they used to be. This is cheaper than DeUHD's license, so why not just buy one of these drives to get around AACS 2.0? Or am I missing something?

http://tinyurl.com/ybmlvsp5

You are, if you want to play backups you still need to decrypt the disc don't you? Same with normal DVD/Blu-ray. Just because you have a capable drive doesn't mean you can now magically play backup discs (where you didn't use one decryption tool or another) without the protection kicking in.

An official uhd drive simply means it's officially capable of properly authenticating with and playing uhd discs on a PC.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

This Disc's posted above on Amazon i can get for $257.99 with free shipping, In U.S.

Verbatim M-Disc BDXL 100GB 4X with Branded Surface - 25 Pack Spindle 98914

That's a little over $10.00 each disc, I have everything you need to burn the ISO, For me if i can't play those movies back in my 4K Oppo's even at that price it isn't even good enough for me. The software to create the ISO i'm maybe the only one that just don't trust it enough coming from a Joe Smoe.

Plus buying the real deal disc's are only 14.99 and up to 17.99 most of the time with a Blu-ray disc to boot.

No pun intended, This software reminds me of DVDFlop for UHD. It works half a**. Better will come i'm sure to those that wait. Time cures and tell's all.

FYI - I've got data errors on at least two rips. On one it shows up as video corruption and on another it is so bad that the playback stops. You can seek past these points. I've e-mailed the devs and am now re-ripping with the latest version (1002) to see if the errors are in the same place or if it more random. Not good.
I've suggested that they consider publishing a checksum as well so we can tell if a rip is accurate or not.

Just to add my findings:
I've been trying the software (Not bought it.) I have an LG BH16NS55 drive and my PC does not support SGX.
I could not get the software to derypt UK bought copies of T2 trainspotting, Sully or Planet earth II. It failed with "This disk is not supported yet."
I did get the software to decrypt a US import copy of Independence day. I found that the software communicated with it's server on the internet at about 8Mbit/s for roughly 1 minute.
I cant imagine what it was downloading but surely too much data to be just a key. After this communication, the disk was unlocked and no further connection was noted.

I copied one of the main movie M2TS files to my computer. The M2TS was 2GB so it copied within the 10 min time restriction at between 24-30Mbit/s.
The file played fine on the PC with MPC-HC, LAV filters and MadVR. Nice!

What I find exciting was that I then copied this file to a pen drive and played it on My LG TV. The file played fine, correct framerate, aspect ratio, DTS (the TV bit streams the core only) and with HDR as well.
At the moment I like to play my BDs off a USB hard drive connected to the TV as it is a nice simple setup for me and I can keep the disks safely stored.
Being able to do this with my UHD BDs as well is exactly what I want and my test above is very reassuring that it's possible. Now if only the price would reduce or Team Redfox would find the solution.

That is incorrect. You can play BD folder and iso over network or USB with a custom FW. It also disables cinavia among other things like multi region (DVD and BD obviously). Only current limitation is that it is a few FWs behind so that it will not support DV as of now. But I'm sure that they will get there.
In addition, Egreat A5/10/11 can playback UHD BDs with full menu.

The new Oppo's can play back Blu-ray and UHD with full playback from HDD. Nothing to do with half a** firmware. It's immune from Cinavia too but not thru the internal optical drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to add my findings:
I've been trying the software (Not bought it.) I have an LG BH16NS55 drive and my PC does not support SGX.
I could not get the software to derypt UK bought copies of T2 trainspotting, Sully or Planet earth II. It failed with "This disk is not supported yet."
I did get the software to decrypt a US import copy of Independence day. I found that the software communicated with it's server on the internet at about 8Mbit/s for roughly 1 minute.
I cant imagine what it was downloading but surely too much data to be just a key. After this communication, the disk was unlocked and no further connection was noted.

I copied one of the main movie M2TS files to my computer. The M2TS was 2GB so it copied within the 10 min time restriction at between 24-30Mbit/s.
The file played fine on the PC with MPC-HC, LAV filters and MadVR. Nice!

What I find exciting was that I then copied this file to a pen drive and played it on My LG TV. The file played fine, correct framerate, aspect ratio, DTS (the TV bit streams the core only) and with HDR as well.
At the moment I like to play my BDs off a USB hard drive connected to the TV as it is a nice simple setup for me and I can keep the disks safely stored.
Being able to do this with my UHD BDs as well is exactly what I want and my test above is very reassuring that it's possible. Now if only the price would reduce or Team Redfox would find the solution.

Funny you failed to get it to work with Sully. Works with mine, rented from cinemaparadiso UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm 0 for 2 thus far. I have a number of BD/UHD combo disc sets that I purchased but only some are supported. The Secret Life of Pets is not supported nor claimed to be. John Wick, however, is supposed to be supported but my version isn't. I'll work my way through my discs as I have time. Maybe at some point I'll actually run across a supported disc that matches the disc I own, as well.

The new Oppo's can play back Blu-ray and UHD with full playback from HDD. Nothing to do with half a** firmware.

So the AVCHD trick still works? Im surprised. .iso wont work and you still have cinavia, though. So still not a perfect solution imho.

So the AVCHD trick still works? Im surprised. .iso wont work and you still have cinavia, though. So still not a perfect solution imho.

It is a perfect solution Oppo does not detect Cinavia through the USB 3.0 ports only when played thru the internal optical disc drive, It also doesn't detect Cinavia through the HDMI IN either. Who cares about ISO, Folders same thing same size and same full menu play back, UHD BD doesn't use Cinavia, Region code etc. It isn't the same AVCHD trick from back in the day either just modified a little.

Only Cinavia detection is thru the internal drive, The rest of the player Cinavia free.

AVCHD in the real world is AC3 audio, The reason it passes every known audio is because the player supports all BD and UHD BD digital audio.

You must of missed it

Code:
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/oppo-95-203-205-panasonic-dmp-bdt110p-test-results.73288/

The only real thing that sucks at the moment imho is DeUHD and after that the 2nd generation Oppo UHD BD players won't even play MKV. But that will occur in another 2 years and by then ppl will know if UHD BD made it or not in the industry.

Code:
https://hometheaterreview.com/i-want-my-uhd-blu-ray-rentals/

Last edited by a moderator:
So LG finally released their UHD drive. I'll have to pick one up to experiment when i have the cash for it. Right now i'm hoping to get lucky somehow so i can pledge on indiegogo for somethin thats $300

The LG BE16NU50 is only 99USD that's what i use most of the time for BD but it reads and writes UHD.

Received my LG UHD drive this evening. Testing DeUHD with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 in trial mode for now. I'll report back results.

Edit: Looks like ~5 hours to rip on my Threadripper 1950x. It has one of the 32 threads maxed at 100%. Plenty of power left to do other things biggrin.gif

Edit: Trial ripped a little over 8 minutes of GotG v2 successfully. Off to try John Wick 2 now.

Edit: While ripping JW2, I converted the GotG v2 M2TS file to MKV and dropped it on my Plex server. Streamed in 4K HDR with Atmos sound flawlessly to my ShieldTV.

Edit: John Wick 2 worked without a hitch. Last test is Logan.

Edit: Logan was a success. Consider me impressed. Now to answer the difficult question, "Is it worth $230 to me?"

Last edited:
Out of curiosity has anyone tried to pay for a DeUHD license with a Visa gift card? I would much rather use something like that then my actual bank card.

I'm actually surprised that they aren't accepting Bitcoin for purchases on top of the existing options.

Received my LG UHD drive this evening. Testing DeUHD with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 in trial mode for now. I'll report back results.

Edit: Looks like ~5 hours to rip on my Threadripper 1950x. It has one of the 32 threads maxed at 100%. Plenty of power left to do other things View attachment 39396

Edit: Trial ripped a little over 8 minutes of GotG v2 successfully. Off to try John Wick 2 now.

Edit: While ripping JW2, I converted the GotG v2 M2TS file to MKV and dropped it on my Plex server. Streamed in 4K HDR with Atmos sound flawlessly to my ShieldTV.

Edit: John Wick 2 worked without a hitch. Last test is Logan.

Edit: Logan was a success. Consider me impressed. Now to answer the difficult question, "Is it worth $230 to me?"

Silly question, when you convert M2TS to MKV, only the first 8 minutes plays right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm 0 for 2 thus far. I have a number of BD/UHD combo disc sets that I purchased but only some are supported. The Secret Life of Pets is not supported nor claimed to be. John Wick, however, is supposed to be supported but my version isn't. I'll work my way through my discs as I have time. Maybe at some point I'll actually run across a supported disc that matches the disc I own, as well.
Like the redfox developers said this is going to be a crappy way to offer support disc by disc for DEUHD. I live in Canada and you may live in the USA. There may be 5-6 different versions of the same movie out there. Times that by 40 movies for say. that's 200 different combinations that deuhd must support. Have fun....... Not a good way to bypass uhd protection. Seems like capture is the only proven and consistent method at this time. Don't ask me how to do it because I don't want to teach pirates how to bypass uhd protection for a 1 to 1 copy.

I believe DeUHD can extract the keys from a disc they have, If you have the same movie as them but different keys is why it doesn't work and is why i believe the protection isn't cracked because if it was it would do all of them.

Back