• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any info on a 4K Blu-ray solution?

I'm was tempted to purchase a UHD disc myself when they come out just for testing purposes as I have UHD screens at work, but it does mean ordering from the US and would cost me the price of a second disc to get one here in 2-3 days, so not really worth it

Last edited:
They can come in 3 or 4 layers, and drives capable of reading and burning bd-xl's already exist.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

The problem is that the actual drives read and write 25GB for layer, while the new UHD BD 4K are 33GB for layer, here is the problem ...

For bd-r's perhaps yes, but neither me nor you know that for sure for retail bd-rom's since none exist yet.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

I made an inquire to LG and Pioneer to see if any of the BDXL drives are AACS 2.0 enabled or if they plan on releasing a firmware for AACS 2.0.
It's been three days _ no news is good news ???
At least it wasn't a straight no.
Maybe they're waiting for the actual release of the Samsung model, so everyone doesn't go out and buy a drive fro the computer. :unsure:

The problem is that the actual drives read and write 25GB for layer, while the new UHD BD 4K are 33GB for layer, here is the problem ...
BD-R XL triple layer discs are 33GB each layer, so current drives that can read and write BD-XL discs should be able to read the information from the new UHD discs as well

If anyone in Canada wants to pre-order some UHD-Blu-rays...

http://www.amazon.ca/Chappie-4K-Blu-ray-Digital-Copy/dp/B01ASHZWMU/ref=sr_1_32?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1453740150&sr=1-32&keywords=4K Blu-ray&tag=vglnk-ca-c18-20

The strange thing is that it's far less expensive here then at Amazon.com _ I have a feeling that I may be getting a disc simply mastered in 4K, rather then an UHD Blu-ray, but we'll find out. :rolleyes: :)

However if you go over to Blu-ray.com, it's listed as a 4K Ultra HD disc _ along with the regular Blu-ray.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Chappie-4K-Blu-ray/148253/

And here's a rare happening, this title only being released in Canada on UHD ! :eek:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Hunger-Games-Mockingjay-Part-2-4K-Blu-ray/145865/

Last edited:
I've cleaned up this thread. This is the third thread that has received mod action. Enough already. Stay on topic and keep the piracy BS OFF this site. Period. This is the only warning I'm giving and I will not tolerate arguing about it, either. Read the forum rules and respect them.

Well, one thing you can be pretty sure of, there won't be any hardware 4K players that are Cinavia free. :p

There was some mention of taking the drive out of the Samsung and using that in a HTPC and on the early Blu-ray machines, I think this was possible as they were IDE.
My old Sony BDP-S300 had an IDE interface.
I checked one of the newer Blu-ray machines and it didn't have a standard SATA connection, there were just a bunch of wires coming out going to various places on the circuit board.
With that said, I don't think it would be possible to remove the drive from the Samsung, but one never knows.

I only have a 1080 monitor, but I do have a WH16NS40, which also can do BDXL. No purpose in me buying a 4K disc unless you all want me to test with it.

I only have a 1080 monitor, but I do have a WH16NS40, which also can do BDXL. No purpose in me buying a 4K disc unless you all want me to test with it.
Don't bother, there's at least 2 others that I know off with that drive that have some UHD discs on order.

So what are we looking at here.
NVIDIA shield at 2160p...
So you saving movies at 2160p n your hard drive ???
Please explain what your screen shots are and what relation they are to this thread ???
You have an actual UHD Blu-ray disc in hand and you're trying to tell us something ?

Let`s say the current BDXL drives are capable of reading the UHD discs, what other barriers will prevent the movies to play back? AACS 2.0 support for the drives?
What exactly will AnyDVD need to update if the drives are capable of reading the discs?

Looking forward to more info on this subject soon.

You will need playback software that can play back encrypted discs such as an updated PowerDVD, or something added to AnyDVD HD to allow it to remove the new encryption so you can then use any player to play back the files

The first discs from Fox are trickling out now. A few guys over at AVS and Blu-ray.com posted pictures of their discs. Hopefully someone will pop one in a PC just to see what happens.

Back