• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any info on a 4K Blu-ray solution?

So it sounds like you are talking about an original retail disk? :)
Yep, I have an original disc and player as well as multiple UHD screens to play it on (I build video editing systems for a living so we already have UHD screens in the office for testing editing and grading software with)

I suppose if this conversation carries on someone should move it to a separate thread s it's going off topic

Yes, I agree it's getting off topic from the fake claims. LOL

Edit: BTW, I am just thankful AnyDVD is still working at all and don't expect a quick turnaround on 4K. :)

Last edited:
CloneBD is handled by Elby, so it's not unreasonable to ask about the ex-Slysoft staff cracking AACS 2.0 as it should be handled by different people to the ones who are handling CloneBD

Sorry for the late reply Adbear. I only mentioned CloneBD because a lot of CloneBD problems appear on the Redfox forums tying up developers time when they could be sorting out Cinavia and updating other Redfox/Slyfox programs such as CloneDVD Mobile. Appreciate your good work.

Sorry for the late reply Adbear. I only mentioned CloneBD because a lot of CloneBD problems appear on the Redfox forums tying up developers time when they could be sorting out Cinavia and updating other Redfox/Slyfox programs such as CloneDVD Mobile. Appreciate your good work.

There have been elby employees responding in the clonebd section lately.

The martian isn't mastered in 4k,that and there's multiple other comments specifying why its a fake. However THIS article is interesting https://torrentfreak.com/stripping-4k-content-protection-is-fair-use-court-hears-160308/
There are at least 2 different copy protection mechanisms involved with UHD Bluray: HDCP on the HDMI output of a player (which prevents copying the uncompressed HDMI stream, but which some devices seem to be able to get around such as HD Fury) and AACS encryption of the data on the disc (which needs to be decrypted by the player and output as uncompressed HDMI with HDCP copy protection).

At best, I believe HDCP has been compromised, allowing the raw uncompressed HDMI player output to be captured and then recompressed to UHD (using the H.264 codec). I don't think AACS has been compromised, so there is still no way to decrypt the original pristine compressed data from a UHD disc.

HDMI is not that useful a copy path because of the huge amount of data needed to be stored and/or processed into something manageable. There are also the inevitable losses in the decompression->recompression cycle.

I am frankly astounded that AACS are allowing a PC software developer to become certified to play UHD on a PC after the Bluray copy protection debacle: it's not as if there will be no standalone UHD players or displays at the beginning as was the case with Bluray IIRC.

I am frankly astounded that AACS are allowing a PC software developer to become certified to play UHD on a PC after the Bluray copy protection debacle: it's not as if there will be no standalone UHD players or displays at the beginning as was the case with Bluray IIRC.

Cyberlink sells a million copies of PowerDVD a year...that is a lot of money, and money talks.

Cyberlink sells a million copies of PowerDVD a year...that is a lot of money, and money talks.
Another thing to add, is that basically now, it's just now Cyberlink and Corel that sell the legit software Blu-ray players now (ArcSoft and Nero getting out of the business within the last 2 years.)

Back