• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any info on a 4K Blu-ray solution?

No, as there are no physical discs available yet they have nothing to work with. Standard specifications are one thing, physical discs are another. Even if they get their hands on one the day the first ones come out, it can be anything from a matter of days to months before the encryption scheme is cracked. Only time will tell.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

In other words, if you have a 4k disc, could you send it to Slysoft. You will be the first to help find a viable solution to this annoying problem. Sorry if being rough on you.

Another question is, will a normal BD drive even be abel to read the upcomming UHD BD, since they can contain more data on each layer, and if im remembering correct they should also come in 3 layers

They can come in 3 or 4 layers, and drives capable of reading and burning bd-xl's already exist.

They can come in 3 or 4 layers, and drives capable of reading and burning bd-xl's already exist.
I doubt that current drives support AACS 2.0 authentication, but we'll see.

There's this too _ wasn't sure if this was posted here before, but here it is anyway.
If Cyberlink comes up with a player that is able to read the 4K discs on an HTPC, there has to be a reader in the works at some point _ one would think...

http://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/company/press-news-content.do?pid=3926

In the end though, all we really need is a reader, I think MPC-HC is able to deal with UHD Blu-ray.

I would rather have them play on my HTPC anyway, I can at least apply FI, where my projector can't do it at 2160p.

I doubt that current drives support AACS 2.0 authentication, but we'll see.
It wouldn't make much sense from my pov at least for manufacturers like LG to create drives like my BH16 that are capable to burn them without them being able to read them too. Though I wouldn't put it past them, if they did then they'd be cashing in twice.

No, as there are no physical discs available yet they have nothing to work with. Standard specifications are one thing, physical discs are another. Even if they get their hands on one the day the first ones come out, it can be anything from a matter of days to months before the encryption scheme is cracked. Only time will tell.

First 4K disc (called "4K Ultra HD" or "Ultra HD") is available on preorder on Amazon USA for $29.99. Current release date is listed as March 1 but I suspect it will likely change multiple times.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Martian-4.../ref=tmm_frk_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Martian_4K.jpg

First 4K disc (called "4K Ultra HD" or "Ultra HD") is available on preorder on Amazon USA for $29.99. Current release date is listed as March 1 but I suspect it will likely change multiple times.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Martian-4.../ref=tmm_frk_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
Not likely to change. There are a total of 14 4K titles set to release on this date from three studios -- nine from 20th Century Fox (including The Martian), four from Lionsgate, and one from Warner Bros.; the date is tied to the release of the first physical 4K players in the U.S.

This will be like the traditional SlySoft release date policy, ignored once (and missed, thus justifying it) for CloneBD: The only promised release date is "February" -- NO year given. ;) :p

Edit: There will be less pressure on one front to develop AnyDVD 4K (which I personally suspect will be an additional license upgrade for us lifetime users, like AnyDVD HD was for earlier AnyDVD users): 4K/UHD BD will *NOT* have region coding, so decryption will *NOT* be needed to play discs from one country on PCs or SAs in another. (Not to mention I am almost certain these discs will have Cinavia; the BDA is licensing this format just like regular BD.)

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Cinavia will be optional on UHD discs, just like BD+ and Cinavia are on current Blu-ray discs.

We're all talking here as if there is even a reader for an HTPC to deal with these discs ???

Well there's multiple drives drives that can burn BDXL's like my bh16, I doubt they'd be able to burn them but not read them.

I agree, I'd be surprised if drives that can read and write BDXL discs wouldn't be able to read these discs after a firmware update to support the new AACS

For all we know they already have support for it, there's just no way to test atm until discs come out.

Last edited:
Don't know, depends on the cost and if they'll be truly playable on non-uhd standalones. Don't have a uhd player. And y, that's one of my drives.

Don't know, depends on the cost and if they'll be truly playable on non-uhd standalones. Don't have a uhd player. And y, that's one of my drives.

I'm going to contact LG, but I'm sure it will be a wast of time _ they'll just be reading from a script.
The discs are at around 29.00$ US, that include a regular Blu-ray as well and I think a digital copy.
PM your mailing address, and I' send you a disc. ;)

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/searc...ideoresolutionid=2683&sortby=releasetimestamp

You'd have to ship intercontinental lol!

At this point I'm not worried about something as trivial as the shipping cost for a disc.
I just bought a bunch of car parts shipped out of the UK and had them sent here to Canada _ so no big deal...
I'll just get it from Amazon and have it sent as gift directly to you.

Not to sure about region coding though, some say they'll be region free, others say that it will be up to the studios and nothing will change.
If a BDXL drive will read the disc, will one be able to look at the files in "Windows" like on a regular Blu-ray _ with or with out AACS 2.0 ?
But then again, it won't really matter when it comes to region codes, since that's up to the software player and if that player is licensed.

Back