• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

new screen pass protection defeated

Glad this works. I'll make a followup video using this technique to help users to find the correct playlist. Anymore help I can provide I'll be around. Enjoy guys....

Enjoy your vacation, gereral1, and thanks for all the help that you've done in the time you've been on the Forum, because I'm taking a vacation very soon myself.

219 isn't actually the real playlist number - It is correct but has a different name and doesn't match 219 found on the original.
To find the 'real' playlist you need to compare 219 with the original discs playlists and find the matching one.
AllDup would do that and show 258 matches 219 - So 258 is the real playlist on the original disc (at least for the disc in the video)

Thanks for explaining..So it caches 258 but calls it 219, tricky stuff :)

How can one tell if a certain disc is using this trick or not?

I can confirm this works:

Code:
mklink /D "C:\MYRIPS\MOVIENAME" "D:\"

but of course the result is write protected so doesn't help much.

i don't have any idea of what you are referring to with that line of code. But do you not agree that an API interface with "process monitor" with PDVD to track processes and file access to playlists and stream files would reveal true working playlists? I.E. Process Monitor tracking a legal player tracking a legal disk.

This variation with the cached obfuscated playlist is interesting but could be applied as a rule to the automation.

My general idea is just a background window with the current playlist and steam file information displayed in real time. It shouldn't be that hard :).

Thanks for explaining..So it caches 258 but calls it 219, tricky stuff :)

How can one tell if a certain disc is using this trick or not?

As you see in the video there will be a line added after the bogus mpls that has a path to the masked mpls. Example 219.mpls

Later tonight I'll upload the solution that ddmagic requested to show users how to find the unmasked mpls so you can do this straight off the original disk with tsmuxer and not have to rip it to the hard drive adding 25 min to this process. Either way switcharue or finding the actual playlist results in the same result. This will only work on cashe files. If you are running for say catching fire disk then the mpls would show up in process monitor the normal way. For old movies no point. Slysoft has already addressed these movies. There quick at getting on it once users post logs. Anymore questions please ask....

Happen to sneak home tonight and finish the video ddjmagic wanted me to make revealing the store bought mpls on the disk. This video will reveal the mps file for this new type of screen pass protection. 3 videos in total to teach you newbees how to find the correct mpls file while your waiting for slysoft to patch the problem disk to play the correct mpls file so the movie is not scrambled. All this information is in third party forums under the sticky topic.

The link to the final video is here

https://youtu.be/dFS9BFhxR9k

I consider this topic finished. PS The movie in the 2 cashed videos is insurgant..... ;)

Last edited:
Happen to sneak home tonight and finish the video ddjmagic wanted me to make revealing the store bought mpls on the disk. This video will reveal the mps file for this new type of screen pass protection. 3 videos in total to teach you newbees how to find the correct mpls file while your waiting for slysoft to patch the problem disk to play the correct mpls file so the movie is not scrambled. All this information is in third party forums under the sticky topic.

The link to the final video is here

https://youtu.be/dFS9BFhxR9k

I consider this topic finished. PS The movie in the 2 cashed videos is insurgant..... ;)

General, I have automated this process, I do NOT have this type of disk to try.

Can you private message me with the Cache MPLS file and the whole list of MPLS files from the disk BDMV/PLAYLIST folder.

I have simulated above and all works.

Im not homr . driving up to the French river so I'll send you the playlist and cashed file on Saturday. Sorry man but bad timing. Vacation time baby.........by the way the new video finding the mpls worked pretty smooth but can't wait to try your way!

Procmon and AllDup work fine in identifying the real playlist

AllDup is a file comparison tool.

The problem with it is that a one byte difference will make it non match.
I have compared m2ts files only so the files do not have to be exact matches.

It also works thru ALL of the MPLS files on its own and only takes 3-4 seconds to complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
AllDup is a file comparison tool.

The problem with it is that a one byte difference will make it non match.
I have compared m2ts files only so the files do not have to be exact matches.

It also works thru ALL of the MPLS files on its own and only takes 3-4 seconds to complete.

This is really cool stuff, but don't you guys think we should continue this conversation in the 3rd party thread with gereral1's original sticky?
It should not be that hard to automate finding the correct playlist and glad you are working on that, rotty :). IMHO, it's not in competition with AnyDVDHD as only finding the playlist does not resolve the java protections completely and is useful user feedback info to Slysoft to solve the java problems to know the correct playlist for a given version.
https://forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?35-Third-Party-Products

Last edited:
This is really cool stuff, but don't you guys think we should continue this conversation in the 3rd party thread with gereral1's original sticky?
It should not be that hard to automate finding the correct playlist and glad you are working on that, rotty :). IMHO, it's not in competition with AnyDVDHD as only finding the playlist does not resolve the java protections completely and is useful user feedback info to Slysoft to solve the java problems to know the correct playlist for a given version.
https://forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?35-Third-Party-Products

Hi Roycal, yes your sure right, it is not in competition with Slysoft. Just a tool to make finding the list very fast and without effort.

MPLS Finder

Hi General,

Try this when you get a chance.

regards

Have removed Program because am making a totally auto version, no manual copying etc. Just point and result.

After you unzip the software program, it installs a shortcut only on the destop and not in start menu or control panel programs, but you need a fingerprint DKHMEGAR enter key to start the software program.

Fingerprint
DKHMNEGAR
enter key

How do you get the enter key?

Hi Eddie

The fingerprint should only be 8 characters long.
Re check and send back.

Do you have a disk with this new type of bogus playlist variant, "Insurgent" for example.

PS I only set it to produce a Shortcut on the Desktop and not to place it in the Prog List.
It is in the programs and features list "MPLS Finder".
You can Un-Install it there.

If you don't mind my asking, what programming language and development environment are you using?

Hi Roycal

I wrote it on a simple .net platform. This example is Visual Express 2010.

Rotty, what are the minimum requirements to make your program work? i.e. legal PDVD, original disk, etc. Will a protected iso copy work?

Also, what specific programming language? VB, C++...?

Last edited:
Rotty, what are the minimum requirements to make your program work? i.e. legal PDVD, original disk, etc. Will a protected iso copy work?

Also, what specific programming language? VB, C++...?

Sorry I meant that this example is VB 2010 but Visual C#.net will of course work.
Sometimes VB.net has some easier methods to achieve certain results.

I have AnyDVD running when I copy the Playlist folder to the Desktop and then exit when running Monitor.

Sorry I meant that this example is VB 2010 but Visual C#.net will of course work.
Sometimes VB.net has some easier methods to achieve certain results.

I have AnyDVD running when I copy the Playlist folder to the Desktop and then exit when running Monitor.

I agree that C# is nice as that it is bridge between VB and C++. VB is fine for simple prototyping especially.

So exactly what other programs does this program to decode the playlist also need to be installed on the target system? Does it require PDVD or what?

Also if you don't mind my asking, what is your general algo theory? :)

Last edited:
I agree that C# is nice as that it is bridge between VB and C++. VB is fine for simple prototyping especially.

So exactly what other programs does this program to decode the playlist also need to be installed on the target system? Does it require PDVD or what?

Also if you don't mind my asking, what is your general algo theory? :)

It dose not use any other programs. The playlist decoding is done within.

Hi Eddie

Have sent you PM.

I think that there may be some confusion as to what this program is for.

It is only to make General1's method automated, i.e. not to have to sift thru MPLS files to get the result.

It decodes each MPLS file and extracts the m2ts files, then matches them to the MPLS file from the cache from PDVD.

That's all it does, nothing fancy.

This is only of use for the new type of bogus MPLS protection.

So ONLY use it for that type of protection, as said before, example, "Insergent"

Back