• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

new screen pass protection defeated

gereral1

Before you start post a log by following these instructions in this link. We as a community need to help

Redfox Anydvdhd with problem screen pass disks. Suggested you shut off anydvdhd and copy the jar files from the original bluray and zip them up.

Upload the anydvdhd log and the zipped jar files to the bluray section on this forum. Pete will fix your disk (give him a day or 2) Thank you..

How to:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/info-how-to-ask-for-help-before-you-post.45785/

For users with new movies who's playlists are scrambled. New movies use a cashed system on your c drive hiding the correct mpls sequence playback order. Another user found this and I took his info and added a technique to get the correct mpls without even searching for m2ts sequences. All the information is in third party forums with the updated screen pass sticky topic. Hope this helps. Until next time happy ripping.....

Link to article updated as new screen pass protections come out...

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/thi...s-if-the-movie-uses-screen-pass-or-not.63014/

Update as of sept 3/2015...

If you read through this post you will discover Rotty dog had automated the quick searching of mpls files off the bluray disk.

For non commercial players :
Included is a search of m2ts files to elimate mpls files really fast.

Rotty Dog and I are trying to find better ways to make this easier for users. There is one more way to bypass screen pass but I will not reveal this and keep this on the low. It has nothing to do with process monitor. Rotty may add this method if lions gate gets stupid with screen pass. There will be no more public videos. I will now be working in rottysoft mpls finder from now on to new ways to overcome this stupid protection. Rotty has excellent vb coding skills. I'm just good at video production and presentation and design and dealing with bluray files the manual way.

Last edited:
Another user found this and I took his info and added a technique to get the correct mpls without even searching for m2ts sequences.

How are you finding the correct playlist name without searching for the m2ts sequence?
Looking at the new video, it not actually revealing the real/proper playlist number, just using the wrong named (but correct) playlist - which won't help if you want to playback directly from the disc or create a movie only backup straight from the disc without ripping first.
Unless I'm missing something of course :D

You can open 219mpls and pull the order out but why. Anyone doing this wants the movie only! So drop the 219mpls into the movie ripped to hard drive and use txmuxer to point to it. Then delete the ripped copy. Guys wanting to do it off the disk can wait for slysoft to patch the movie so they can keep the menues. You can tsmux it with 219mpls example and make an I so that will play in a no civic player and it will work. Or you can spend hr loading bdedit or bdinfo just to find a name but why? Lions gate made the file for you. Switcharue.

You can open 219mpls and pull the order out but why. Anyone doing this wants the movie only! So drop the 219mpls into the movie ripped to hard drive and use txmuxer to point to it. Then delete the ripped copy. Guys wanting to do it off the disk can wait for slysoft to patch the movie so they can keep the menues. You can tsmux it with 219mpls example and make an I so that will play in a no civic player and it will work. Or you can spend hr loading bdedit or bdinfo just to find a name but why? Lions gate made the file for you. Switcharue.

Sure, but doesn't help users that want to watch the movie in non licensed players without ripping (before Slysoft fix).
From your wording I thought you had found a way of quickly finding the real playlist number without searching for the sequence ;)

Yes you can watch the movie. Rip to hard drive. Swap mpls and select mpls 219 with mpc or better replace the bogus mpls with renaming to bogus with 219. Then vlc mpc will load it perfect. Testers please....? I'm going on vacation don't have time to test because I'm in my truck right now.

Yes you can watch the movie. Rip to hard drive. Swap mpls and select mpls 219 with mpc or better replace the bogus mpls with renaming to bogus with 219. Then vlc mpc will load it perfect. Testers please....? I'm going on vacation don't have time to test because I'm in my truck right now.

Yes, I know that will work, no need to test (I don't have/won't be buying this movie)

1. Ripping to hard drive (20-30 mins) isn't exactly quick.
2. The real playlist number still isn't known, so if you did want to find the actual playlist number you would still need to compare/search the sequence.

Not an issue/problem at all :) I just wanted to make sure as I thought you may of found a quick way of finding the real playlist number without comparing/searching the sequence.
Have a good vacation.

I am not 100% sure you need to do this....

From an elevated command prompt, pointing to the hard drive location of the movie C:\MOVIENAME\ folder create a symbolic link to the BD drive one (lets say D):

Code:
mklink /D "C:\MOVIENAME\" "D:\"

then copy this cached 00219.mpls to C:\MOVIENAME\BDMV\PLAYLIST

anyone willing to try, please let me know

anyone willing to try, please let me know

Haven't tried your suggestion, but I forgot about BDInfo "view report" feature - You could copy the known good sequence from the cached playlist BDinfo report, then use Notepad ++ (or any equivalent that can 'find' multiple lines) and search for that sequence inside the full disc report - This would then match it to the real playlist. Should only take a minute or so to find it.

I was looking at visual basic comparing 2 files byte by byte. Anyone got vb skills write a small program comparing mpls byte data for a match. There are articles on using this to compare 2 image files with different names. Think the mods are going to move this topic lol

Tried bdinfo last night. Can someone try this. Thus program will do byte by byte file compare regardless of name of file. If this works we found our program.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2041...-flexible-way-get-rid-of-duplicate-files.html

You guys see what I'm trying to do? Compare 219.mpls with byte data to reveal the correct mpls as it will be flagged as a duplicate...... Theory works.. To bad I cannot test this right now. This will take 2 seconds to find the mpls that matches 219.mpls as the data inside is a duplicate thus revealing the mpls file for us in the playlist folder of the questioned movie. This would only work on cashe protection screen pass movies.

Last edited:
Tried bdinfo last night. Can someone try this. Thus program will do byte by byte file compare regardless of name of file. If this works we found our program.

I tested it with a different disc and it found the duplicate playlists. Can't see why it wouldn't work with the cached one. Nice find :)

I have insurdant disk so I'll try this Friday. Thanks for helping

Alldup looks interesting for greatly reducing the possible mpls files but most likely you will still end up with a large list of unique mpls files of which only 1 or more will be correct.
Looks like a good start if it's open source code but it's going to take more than just eliminating the duplicates to find the correct playlist.

What was that monitor program that James mentioned awhile back instead of using process monitor?

Last edited:
Looks like a good start if it's open source code but it's going to take more than just eliminating the duplicates to find the correct playlist.

Since the cached playlist matches the real/correct playlist (just wrong name), we need to find the duplicate playlists, not eliminate them.
AllDup will quickly show you which playlist matches the cached playlist thus revealing the real playlist number.

So you can just copy the playlist folder to your Desktop from the original disc in explorer, then copy the cached playlist into the same folder (found with Procmon)
Then scan that folder with AllDup and it will quickly tell you which playlist from the original matches the cached one.
Whatever one it is will be the correct playlist :)

Since the cached playlist matches the real/correct playlist (just wrong name), we need to find the duplicate playlists, not eliminate them.
AllDup will quickly show you which playlist matches the cached playlist thus revealing the real playlist number.

So you can just copy the playlist folder to your Desktop from the original disc in explorer, then copy the cached playlist into the same folder (found with Procmon)
Then scan that folder with AllDup and it will quickly tell you which playlist from the original matches the cached one.
Whatever one it is will be the correct playlist :)

Ah, ok I see what you guys are doing with that now. I thought we were still talking about a catch all program.

Very good find! :)

The ultimate goal is automation to find the correct playlist with any screenpass protected disk though, right? Is there an API for process monitor or that other monitor app that James mentioned?

Last edited:
The playlist lies in the jar files but Pete ant going to share his secrets

In the example shown on the video, procomon is showing 421.mpls but the real one is 219. Can't one just use original 219 in TSMuxer, instead of copying the cached 219 and overwriting the one copied from the disc? Are they different?

Last edited:
In the example shown on the video, procomon is showing 421.mpls but the real one is 219. Can't one just use original 219 in TSMuxer, instead of copying the cached 219 and overwriting the one copied from the disc? Are they different?

219 isn't actually the real playlist number - It is correct but has a different name and doesn't match 219 found on the original.
To find the 'real' playlist you need to compare 219 with the original discs playlists and find the matching one.
AllDup would do that and show 258 matches 219 - So 258 is the real playlist on the original disc (at least for the disc in the video)

I can confirm this works:

Code:
mklink /D "C:\MYRIPS\MOVIENAME" "D:\"

but of course the result is write protected so doesn't help much.

Glad this works. I'll make a followup video using this technique to help users to find the correct playlist. Anymore help I can provide I'll be around. Enjoy guys....

Back