• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cinavia is not a protection, it's an audio DRM. A protection by nature prevents copying, cinavia doesn't prevent copying. It just limits audio playback.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

You sir are nit-picking.

I disagree. I'm replying to what I've seen you post. More than a few times. I realize you've learned a bit in this forums about things you didn't know when you first came here. That doesn't take away from the fact that there is still more to be learned.

The "story"?? ends when cinavia encoded movies play on stand-alone bluray players, as advertised and is probably the reason the majority of people bought it in the first place.

It's amazing using "horse been beaten to death" analogy since there is no solution to owners or warning to prospective customers. Unfounded? Ludicris? Wrong? Sounds like a description of the non-solution to cinavia. What is it you expect? Just shut up and pretend it's not happening?

From the very beginning it has been said that Cinavia removal wouldn't be something CloneBD could do. During the entire extended development cycle this was known. Maybe it could be added at another time but it wouldn't be part of the features at the time of release. In fact, CloneBD removes absolutely no protection mechanisms whatsoever of any kind be it java, audio, etc. It isn't advertised as doing that.

They grow on trees. I bought one and was told it would play cinavia movies, being manufactured in September of 2011, only to find it has no sound on 2/3 of the backups and am forced to return it. How many people have those type of players??? C'mon.

Here's where more information is required. Did the player actually tell you that it detected Cinavia? If so then, yes, that player detects Cinavia however it surprises me since it's from 2011. If it never said anywhere that it detected Cinavia and the audio dropped out or no audio played at all then this isn't a Cinavia problem. There have been numerous audio handling related issues with CloneBD since its release that have been resolved and there may be more that need to be resolved that have nothing to do with Cinavia.

Last edited:
@James: is there no way to detect cinavia WITHOUT having to go into the preview player? Wouldn't it be easier to display that warning in the title selection screen or is that technically (due to inner mechanics) not possible?

+1. If doing a complete copy, the preview player isn't even shown.
Not trying to play down the detection (which is a great step/feature) but IMO detection is pretty pointless unless it can be done automatically in the background or during scanning/processing of the disc in CloneBD.
Some users don't even know what Cinavia is (until they get the message) so unless they use the preview player they are none the wiser.

If that's not possible, then at least it needs to be well documented during the CloneBD process that users need to playback in the preview player if they want to check for Cinavia.

I suspect the problem with doing it at the scanning phase would be that it has to play a section of every audio track to be able to detect it as they don't always put Cinavia on all the audio tracks, so it may look like the software has locked up for a while as it checks out each track, including extras etc. By having it in the playback section you are only checking that one video/audio stream that you have highlighted

That's true, maybe CloneBD could just check/play what it thinks is the main title/track. From what I've seen it's "Main Feature" choice is spot on.

But even on the main feature it then depends on which audio track you choose on whether it has Cinavia

That is the first line of the CloneBD description. Cinavia is a protection, different in form than most, but is a protection against copying. It's ineffective if you are using older equipment, but they are figuring those players will be gone before long and they are counting on everyone using post 2012 players. They weren't counting on AnyDVD HD to "bypass" the Cinavia check on software players.

So your argument that CloneBD is stating it can copy any disc is not valid. It says any UNPROTECTED disc. Now if you want to say that AnyDVD HD says it will remove all protections, but can't do Cinavia, that may be somewhat valid. But as AnyDVD or AnyDVD HD doesn't touch the audio, it is really outside it's normal job. Something from Slysoft will probably do it, at some time. But not now, and probably not soon. If anyone on this forum has any right to complain, it would be those of us that have been on here for years and were told that Slyce (now CloneBD) would remove Cinavia, and then when released were told it would not. The odd thing is, it's not us doing the complaining. We all have workarounds and know it will get done...when it gets done.

If anyone on this forum has any right to complain, it would be those of us that have been on here for years

OMG, what does that have to do with anything? Anybody that bought a product that's not meeting their expectations has the right to voice their dis-satisfaction, or their pleasure if it exceeds their expectations. Don't see how long you've been around is relevant.

@mmdavis, Ch3vr0n,DrinkLyeAndDie
DOWNLOAD
BUY NOW
CloneBD lets you copy any unprotected Blu-ray to your hard drive, or any blank Blu-ray disc. With just a few clicks you can choose to make a partial copy of selected titles, audio languages, and subtitle languages, or you can do a straight 1:1 complete copy of your Blu-ray. CloneBD makes perfect 1:1 clones, but also compresses BD-50 to a single BD-25, BD-9 or BD-5.

There's the complete description you referred to.

So tell me then, what use is the cinavia embedded copy, which significantly is not mentioned, if you can't play it on a stand-alone bluray player? That is the nit-picking I referred to. Why else would you burn a movie to a BD-R if not to watch it on standalone player?

As stated, I have been able to back up every movie I've tried except for RIPD, and gave up on that one, I'm happy with cloneBD and willing to wait for a cinavia solution NP, will just avoid cinavia encoded movies. Not sure why all the negative vibes?....

I've warned folks about the time limit on blank media, suggested turning off screensavers as cloneBD over-rides them and as they keep trying to turn on, could cause conflict, possibly real solutions to vexing issues, meaningful contributions to the forum yet I'm attacked at every opportunity whenever cinavia is mentioned.....why?

It's no secret nothing as yet defeats cinavia so why dance around it or put irrelevant excuses, such as it doesn't say it will deal with it. Truth is it doesn't say it won't either, read the complete description above.

From the horse's mouth, Don't want the developers to think we're fat dumb and happy with things as they are, so I bring cinavia up if the opportunity presents itself.

We are sorry, but the Cinavia watermark cannot currently be removed.

AnyDVD HD will suppress the detection of the watermark if you play the copy in a software player on your computer, and it will remove any normal protection on the Blu-ray Disc.

It would then be a job for a copy software to actively find and remove the watermark, but this is not possible at the moment and will not be accomplished by CloneBD, as CloneBD is a "clean" product and will not break any protection or remove any kind of watermark.

Rest assured that we are working hard on finding a solution for this problem. This issue is really nagging us.

Right and anyDVD HD removes the protection, as always. So naturally it can't be cloneBD and never will. What about Standard DVD's, cinavia is also showing up there now as well? Fix is either gonna be anyDVD, with some kind of add-on to it or a stand alone program.

I bought a pre-cinavia Panasonic 210 Mfg'd in September of 2011 and am returning it as it only plays only about 1 of every 3 movies with sound, although manual and website claim it plays BD-R and BD-RE backups. Naturally it says nothing about playing cinavia as it was built before cinavia was introduced.

Anybody know why there's a picture but no sound, a fix would be most welcome cos if it played all movies, it should then do what was expected and ignore those with cinavia, as expected when purchased.

That's true, maybe CloneBD could just check/play what it thinks is the main title/track. From what I've seen it's "Main Feature" choice is spot on.

When theres more than 1 main feature (seen up to 3 in some movies) it's not always the one cloneBD defaults to that is the one to use.

But even on the main feature it then depends on which audio track you choose on whether it has Cinavia

Sure, but I haven't seen a disc that contained Cinavia on the secondary audio track and not on the main audio track.
CloneBD could just check whatever it believes to be the main audio track on whatever it think is the main feature. Never going to be 100% but better than how it handles it currently in my opinion.

Alternatively I think there could be some sort of note about Cinavia during the process, quickly explaining what it is and how to check if it is present (by using the preview player), this note could have an option "don't show again" . At least new users would then know and can't complain later.

It is entirely possible that someone on the trial purchases the software after a few weeks of testing without even knowing about/processing a disc with Cinavia, then the next day they could buy a movie with Cinavia and feel a little disappointed that it wasn't at least mentioned.

Last edited:
I bought a pre-cinavia Panasonic 210 Mfg'd in September of 2011 and am returning it as it only plays only about 1 of every 3 movies with sound, although manual and website claim it plays BD-R and BD-RE backups. Naturally it says nothing about playing cinavia as it was built before cinavia was introduced. .

Did you try just ripping with AnyDVD and burning with IMGBurn? (eliminating any other processing tools)
Definitely not a Cinavia issue, if it was you would see the Cinavia error/mute message.

I bought a pre-cinavia Panasonic 210 Mfg'd in September of 2011 and am returning it as it only plays only about 1 of every 3 movies with sound, although manual and website claim it plays BD-R and BD-RE backups. Naturally it says nothing about playing cinavia as it was built before cinavia was introduced.

Anybody know why there's a picture but no sound, a fix would be most welcome cos if it played all movies, it should then do what was expected and ignore those with cinavia, as expected when purchased.

It's not the Bluray player it's cloneBD. On some discs the audio wont play back on a standalone player. There's a thread in the issues where people have had this problem. They will play back fine on a computer with Bluray software.
I did 4 movies and only 2 had sound. I am only using cloneBD to rip to mkv as the bluray rip is still so bad.
Even that wont work for me if I select lossless audio, just get unplayable files.

I have given up posting, just keep sending logfiles back with the disks that fail/errors in lip synch/audio missing.

Last edited:
Just want backup files to watch movies on the go.

Trialled CloneBD 1.0.? on some short clips from bluray, seemed to do ok.
Bought a license and installed 1.0.3.1. Great silent pictures, didn't matter what format.
Installed 1.0.3.2. Now have great sound, it just isn't anywhere near the great picture.

Just completed 1st .mkv file with 1.0.3.3 and the sound is in sync. Here's hoping... Oh! be still my heart.:rock:

BD Clone Media Player???

Hi everyone
Could someone help me in locating the player that is part of BD Clone, I don't see one there at all, I understand this player will notify if there is cinavia infection. Interested in checking it out, just cant find it.

I look forward to the day when this software works.

And I will be one of the first to champion this company when they are successful. Ive had no issues what so ever with ANYDVDHD and Clone DVD. Because of this I trust Clone BD to one day work as marketed.

locating the player

On the second page of CloneBD 'Copy Mode', to the left of the panel where you choose 'Create a disk ...' or 'Convert for a device', there is an image of a blu ray box with the the title and picture of your disc.

Hover the mouse over this image and 'Play Main Feature' with a play button will appear.

When you get to the stage where you have to choose which title you want to keep there's a play button in the middle of the film strip for that title, just click on that and it takes you to the playerclonebd.jpg

Last edited:
With all the issues, why don't people just use Makemkv, and have a perfect copy in DTS-HD Master Audio on a hard drive. Plug the portable drive in you BD player and watch. If you want a hard copy, use Anydvd HD, put on hard drive and then use imgburn.

Maybe because this is the clonebd product and using makemkv won't help solve the issues in clonebd

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Did you try just ripping with AnyDVD and burning with IMGBurn? (eliminating any other processing tools)
Definitely not a Cinavia issue, if it was you would see the Cinavia error/mute message.

Yes, the hardware is just not capable of playing the majority of BD-R's, cinavia has nothing to do with it.

When you get to the stage where you have to choose which title you want to keep there's a play button in the middle of the film strip for that title, just click on that and it takes you to the playerView attachment 26481

How do you know which of the 4 main movies to choose? Doubt if all 4 work. cloneBD "default" not always the one to use. On Sherlock Holmes I watched one of the choices and Downey was commenting, knew right away that was the wrong one. So you have to be careful which one you choose, they are not always the same, probably there to confuse people.

It's not the Bluray player it's cloneBD. On some discs the audio wont play back on a standalone player. There's a thread in the issues where people have had this problem. They will play back fine on a computer with Bluray software.
I did 4 movies and only 2 had sound. I am only using cloneBD to rip to mkv as the bluray rip is still so bad.
Even that wont work for me if I select lossless audio, just get unplayable files.

I have given up posting, just keep sending logfiles back with the disks that fail/errors in lip synch/audio missing.

I can't say for sure it's cloneBD because 1 of 3 will play normally on the 210, great picture and sound, and every one plays on the newer Panasonic I have. Why would that suggest a cloneBD failure as opposed to an outdated player? There are no log files as the backup was fine, and plays great in newer player.

1 option the 210 has is to advance or delay audio to sync it with video. Would be great if I had that problem, but with no audio it's useless, point is see if your player has something like that buried in the settings, could help, in ms (milliseconds + or -).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back