• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.7.1

And there will be in the future, or not? I'm a little bit curious if an entire 64 bit software chain could speed up some online post processing of the images...!!!
!

There are currently no plans to continue the development of ReClock.

Is anyone using madVR? I've just started using it after a while and I can't get the ReClock VSync to settle, it keeps jumping. I wonder if madVR is conflicting with it. I'm using the ATI 5770 on Win-64 (testing for comparison with Nvidia).

Is anyone using madVR? I've just started using it after a while and I can't get the ReClock VSync to settle, it keeps jumping. I wonder if madVR is conflicting with it. I'm using the ATI 5770 on Win-64 (testing for comparison with Nvidia).

I think MadVR has it's own VSync thing going. Disable ReClock's VSync correction?

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. Is there any discussion about this anywhere?

Yeah, Madshi and I have discussed it in some depth. He certainly has implemented vsync correction and reports are it seems to be working well now (at first it had some bugs). Can't comment from personal experience, I only play with it due to its probelm with subtitles/DVD Menus, I haven't done extensive vsync tests. I think leeperry is happy vsync is fixed though.

Edit: didn't read carefully enough. I see leeperry has already confirmed.

I see leeperry has already confirmed.
Well, the Reclock/mVR/PotPlayer is a combo made in heaven...never misses the VSYNC fliptime, never a single glitch...it gets boring, really! :D

Reclock asks for very tight timings, and mVR manages to fulfill them w/o breaking a sweat..no need to resort to D3D exclusive EVR or Overlay after all. Reclock doesn't take mediocrity for an answer, and mVR is clearly up to the task IME. If only my HTPC had been working this smoothly since day 1 :mad:

I was hoping James could say how Reclock gets windows to tell him the current windows refresh rate(w/o measuring it), but I guess there's gotta be some trade secrets to it ;)

Last edited:
I put my ati 5770 back for trials with 10.7 Catalist drivers on Seven 32 Pro.
Player PDVD ver. 9.0.2528.51 has been tested with or without ReClock 1.8.7.1.
Test BDs were 96/24/6 THD (Radio City-Dave Mathews and Tim Reynolds) and 96/24 DTSHD-MA (Alchemy Live Dire Straits)

Here are the results:

With Reclock:

Downsamples to 48/16

_ _ _ _

Without ReClock:

Doesn't downsample and stays as 96/24 (It's not wasapi for sure. I adjusted mixer to 96/24)

_ _ _ _ _ _

Last edited:
If you really want to read about this, then check out the MadVR support thread: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146228

Just search the thread for "vsync", or an advanced search with my name and vsync. You will find more than you could ever possibly want on the topic!

I'll take your word for it :D, but I did search on that thread for "Reclock". I'm having no problem with subs though (from ffdshow), but I haven't tried DVDs yet. What I've noticed is that auto refresh rate change is not working.

I was hoping James could say how Reclock gets windows to tell him the current windows refresh rate(w/o measuring it), but I guess there's gotta be some trade secrets to it ;)
No trade secret. ReClock measures it.

As ReClock is using the SoundTouch library, and I don't understand where that 2 is coming from in this "explanation":
Fourier Transform is an algorithm that converts array of N pieces of time-domain samples into frequency domain, resulting into signal amplitude and phase information for N/2 equally spaced frequency components bins of width [sampling frequency] / (N * 2) Hz each.
I thought this would be the right place to ask "why 2" in [sampling frequency] / (N * 2) Hz. Or at least "is it correct", so I can continue pondering on this.
Should I ask somewhere else?

Thanks in advance.

No trade secret. ReClock measures it.
OK, thanks for the reply! so even the refresh rates in the /Reclock/GdiTimings/ entries are measured as well? it's always 50/60/90/100....it doesn't look too measured to me? it's a shame windows cannot tell what the current refresh rate preset being used is :eek:

There are currently no plans to continue the development of ReClock.

Aaaarghhhh!!!! You're scaring me!!!

I never seen any player (commercial or free) playing DVDs and Blu-Rays perfectly smooth without Reclock...!!!

I would pay for it (as I done for AnyDVD)!!!

Guys, do anyone know if reclock should send a "QUIT" event to the vbs script after a media player exits.

eg. I have a section in my RunEvent.vbs that sets the refresh of my TV back to 50hz. It works perfectly but I notice today that if I let a movie play completely until the end.... and then after a second or whatever I close mpc-hc, reclock doesn't send a quit event to the vbs script so the TV gets left at 24hz rather than the desired 50.. Is this by design or a fault in mpc-hc or reclock.

Code:
If eventName = "QUIT" Then

newTimings = "50"

End If

If it doesn't detect the resolution change, you can alter the return value in the script. Add

WScript.Quit 0

after the call to SetDisplayFrequency.

Hi James. After testing for a few days, this workaround hasn't been successful. Just now I started playing a 25fps file. With reclocks pal speed down on... so the final output should be 24fps.

In this scenario I can see the RunEvent.vbs sets my frame rate correctly from 50.00 hz to 24 hz, but everything except reclock sees the change.... it lights up orange and still thinkgs I am at 50.00 hz. Do you think this can this be looked again before reclock development ends? See my updated code below, along with the screenshot showing reclock not detecting the new frame rate.. Thanks again.

Code:
    WshShell.Run """" & _
             "C:\Program Files (x86)\SlySoft\AnyDVD\SetDisplayFrequency.exe"" " & newTimings, 0, true

WScript.Quit 0

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back