• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.7.1

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
Watching PAL DVDs? Here's why you need ReClock: http://sandbox.slysoft.com/palspeedup/index.html

Download ReClock here: http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupReClock1871.exe

Note:
* ReClock must be installed *after* PowerDVD or Arcsoft TMT 3
* Whenever PowerDVD or Arcsoft TMT 3 is updated or reinstalled, ReClock must be reinstalled
* ReClock replaces the ASAudioRenderer.dll in the TMT 3.0 Codec directory. A backup ASAudioRenderer_bak.dll will be created. Do not delete this file, it is required!

1.8.7.1 - 22/07/2010
* New: Allow more than one process to use ReClock (experimental)
* Fix: PowerDVD 10 playback under Windows 7

Source code for GPL'ed code is available here:
http://oss.slysoft.com/ReClock/

Last edited:
Thanks for the new build!

What do you mean by "Allow more than one process to use ReClock" exactly? you knew someone would ask :p

I would guess it means play 2 videos and have 2 reclock instances.

Thanks for the new build james.

ha! It works. I have one film playing on a 24Hz monitor and one playing on a 60Hz, each with MPC-HC.

Question. How do I re-direct audio output to a second audio device so that it will "stick"?

ha! It works. I have one film playing on a 24Hz monitor and one playing on a 60Hz, each with MPC-HC.
can you use different sample rates? there's only one Reclock config panel.

can you use different sample rates? there's only one Reclock config panel.

Yeah, that's the point of my question. It's not complete without the ability to have it understand a "zone" configuration, with different config settings for each zone (like jRiver Media Center). jRiver's implementation of Zones is really good.

I'm not sure what the best way for Reclock would be. Perhaps a "meta" layer for each config option, then some way specify a configuration for playback....it's not intuitive how it might work for Reclock, being where it is in the chain.

But, you can start one instance, then change the settings and start a second instance (kludge).

Having different settings profiles for diferent .exe sure would be sweeet! James discussed it a while ago, but it'd be quite time consuming to implement it I presume.

Having different settings profiles for diferent .exe sure would be sweeet! James discussed it a while ago, but it'd be quite time consuming to implement it I presume.

I was thinking not so much limited to "exe" name, but more about playback zone. So, for example, I could define a zone as secondary monitor(24Hz), HDMI output, 2 channel or bitstream and another zone as primary monitor (60Hz), SPDIF/AC-3 or 2 ch output...and on and on, regardless of playback "exe".

The kicker is how to get the player to pick the right Reclock "zone".

Consider also, a subkey, under the Config, for each "zone" and the config settings for each could be stored as such (FFdshow does something like that for profiles).

I was thinking not so much limited to "exe" name, but more about playback zone.
hehe yeah, but it'd also be nice to be able to play music bit-perfect and only upsample movies, and possibly specify different audio renderers too...anyway, it's great that Reclock keeps evolving! James is like madshi, they never stop improving our HTPC experiences alphat.gif

I have some questions about ReClock and bitstreaming. I ve used the search function and read a lot and after this..... read some more.
What I do know now is that most of the advanced ReClock users and the author James do not recommend to use bitstreaming with ReClock. Moreover, if I understand correct it would make no sense at all to install ReClock if you bitstream.

But why is it than that Reclock DOES have the option to enable bitstreaming? And why is it that if I bitstream WITHOUT Reclock I have more stutter/judder than I have WITH reclock? (lust like the guy in the following thread which bleed out and never was answered http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=254174&highlight=drops+repeats#post254174)

ps. enabled the bitstreaming option is checked and disable media speed correction with bitstream audio unchecked.

Am I correct to say the ReClock does NOTHING at all when you ENABLE BOTH the bitstreaming option and disable media speed correction?

When both are checked, ReClock doesn't mess with audio or media speed (i.e. doesn't do anything). It's for convenience, so you don't have to tell ReClock to load or not to load every time you play something different (bitstreaming/not bitstreaming).

When media speed correction is enabled (unchecked "disable media...") then it bitstreams, and ReClock will prioritize smooth video over audio, so you will get repeated/dropped audio frames (or is it packets?) instead of repeated/dropped video frames. I think it's a matter of choice then, I personally find the repeated/dropped audio frames unnoticeable if they're one or two at a time. Video frames are pretty noticeable especially on 24p video.

So let me get this right:

When you ONLY do bitstreaming and nothing else it s matter of choise:
1. Don t install Reclock and use the default sound output of the media player (MPC-HC for me) => this will give you smooth audio, but no smooth video.
2. Install Reclock and check 'bitstream' and uncheck 'disable media....' => this will result in smooth video but audio glitches.

EDIT:
What is the difference between drops and repeats?
What does it mean when I play a 10min movie and get 3 drops and 70 repeats?

Yeah, the ideal thing is to decode in the PC, but that's currently not possible for DTS-HD content.

The difference between drops and repeats is just that. You will miss one frame (dropped) so you'll see a slight jump, or it will repeat one frame and you will see a slight stutter.

70 repeats seem like a lot for 10 minutes. You sure you're refreshing your display at the exact rate as the content?

Yeah, the ideal thing is to decode in the PC, but that's currently not possible for DTS-HD content.
So thats one more reason for me to bitstream because using MPC-HC as software player is a must for me and MPC-HC can t decode it yet (I think the only solution is TMT at the moment but I m not sure about this)

The difference between drops and repeats is just that. You will miss one frame (dropped) so you'll see a slight jump, or it will repeat one frame and you will see a slight stutter.
And what worse? Having drops or repeats?

70 repeats seem like a lot for 10 minutes. You sure you're refreshing your display at the exact rate as the content?
I ll ran some more tests tonight to be sure. I m using the ATI 1920x1080@23,976Hz profile so this would be perfect. MPC-HC reports that 23,976 is indeed sended to my pj.

Drops and repeats are as bad as each other. You wamt as few as possible of both. In the past, with pstrip, I could get it to <1 per movie. 70 in 10 mins is not good and suggests your refresh rate is some way from being accurate. But if you are convinced you cannot hear these drops and repeat then stick with it. The thing is though you are busting a gut to get HD audio and then butchering it! If you cannot tell can you really tell if you decode the audio on the PC?

Hi, FYI it 's possible to decode DTS-HD MA using MPC-HC and powerdvd directshow audio filter :rock:
Tested OK at home with DTS-HD sample 192khz/24bits 6ch (format checked in Reclock input informations).
Info from here (in french) :
http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1197&t=29937775:clap:
Install powerdvd 9.0.2320 ultra and mpc hc (svn >= 1774)
add powerdvd audio decoder in mpc hc external filter
configure powerdvd audio (from directshow filter info and software) to hdmi output and decode to pcm (works also with 6 channels output at home)
instal powerdvd 9.0.2528 , now powerdvd filter GUI is not accessible anymore :(
But mpc hc reads audio DTS-HD MA track without downsample.

wow that's good info, thanks. Unfortunately it's not freely available. I seem to recall early builds of PowerDVD didn't decode DTS HD 7.1 though.

Some people reports it's working also with PowerDVD v10 instead of 9.0.2528 ;)
but it could have some issue with audio track change
Anyway, I didn't check that and I just have 5.1 system and no sample 7.1 tracks.

I wonder why this is not more widely known, or maybe I've just missed it? I can check out the trial of 10, but I'm wary to install Cyberlink's stuff since I bought and returned 9.

If we could get a DTS-HD filter that worked in std graphs - that would be....GREAT! No more mucking about with transcoding the Audio when making MKV's!

Back