• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.7.1

So I have avoided this upgrade because of its "experimental" feature! Is the general view is that it is safe?
If you don't run more than one playback software at a time, it's the same as it was before.

Any other benefits/disadvantages over 1.8.7.0?
PowerDVD 10 Mark II works.

Installed the latest version (don't know over which one) and time-stretching won't automatically kick in at all any more (23.976=>25). It works when changing media adaptation manually.
I've enabled T.S. when speeding up in the config. window, all else default.

edit: think I've got it here. Back to 1.8.6.3 to make it work probably (or change that %1 default, if possible).

Last edited:
edit: think I've got it here. Back to 1.8.6.3 to make it work probably (or change that %1 default, if possible).

Huh? Just change the setting yourself to 5%.

Huh? Just change the setting yourself to 5%.
That's what I meant, thanks (not for you to change the default :p).
I know t.s. is frowned upon, but video is sooo much smoother on my 50/60Hz display...

That's what I meant, thanks (not for you to change the default :p).
I know t.s. is frowned upon, but video is sooo much smoother on my 50/60Hz display...

I can't quite recall if timestretching was frowned upon, but I do recall that pitch correction was definitely not recommended.

Hi James,

On my old ati card, and newish nvidia gtx 295 reclock still has issues detecting the display refresh rate (or hooking into notifications from the os if thats the case).....

See here where nvidia control panel, madVR video renderer all see that my display is at 60.00 hz, but reclock is detecting it as 50.000hz (ie it didn't detect the change made by the anydvd set resolution exe file, called from the vbs script). This is reproducable probably 30% of the time for me.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/5426/problemq.jpg

Can this be worked around in reclock by another detection method.... whatever been used at the minute isn't very reliable on my two htpcs. Let me know if I can help in any way. Just been an issue for me for the past year or so now. Using reclock 1.8.7.1 now.

Hi James,

On my old ati card, and newish nvidia gtx 295 reclock still has issues detecting the display refresh rate (or hooking into notifications from the os if thats the case).....

See here where nvidia control panel, madVR video renderer all see that my display is at 60.00 hz, but reclock is detecting it as 50.000hz (ie it didn't detect the change made by the anydvd set resolution exe file, called from the vbs script). This is reproducable probably 30% of the time for me.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/5426/problemq.jpg

Can this be worked around in reclock by another detection method.... whatever been used at the minute isn't very reliable on my two htpcs. Let me know if I can help in any way. Just been an issue for me for the past year or so now. Using reclock 1.8.7.1 now.
If it doesn't detect the resolution change, you can alter the return value in the script. Add

WScript.Quit 0

after the call to SetDisplayFrequency.

Thanks James. I'll report back the result of the workaround.

bitperfect playback in wmp

hi everyone.

I really like reclock, altough im not using it to get rid of jitter but to get bitperfect playback in wmp12 and wmc. So here comes my problem. Playback using wasapi exclusive works fine bitmached in wmp12 for flacs, but only until the song ends and wmp switches to the next. Reclock closes and no sound is beeing output anymore although playback in wmp goes on. the reclock icon just vanishes and can only be brought back by completely restarting wmp. same thing happens if i switch through my playlist rapidly. Only difference here is that reclock does not vanish but shows EVR and wasapi exclusive without bitmaching. but this time playback can be reenabled by switching back to the song that is shown in media infos. Very odd :bang:

My Htpc:

Intel Core2Duo E6350
Ati Radeon HD 4670
2GB DDR2 800
Auzentech Hometheatre HD @ HDMI
Windows 7 x64 - All updates applied
Xiph.org Opencodecs for Flac playback

I´ve tried all three Creative Modes: Entertainment, Game and Audiocreation. Also tried it on my MainPC with an auzentech Prelude 7.1. No change in behaviour.

View attachment Reclock Logs-bitperfect.7z

First Log is when song plays until it ends and wmp switches to the next.
Second Log is when switching through my playlist.

Thanks in advance

Nuke

hi everyone.

I really like reclock, altough im not using it to get rid of jitter but to get bitperfect playback in wmp12 and wmc. So here comes my problem. Playback using wasapi exclusive works fine bitmached in wmp12 for flacs, but only until the song ends and wmp switches to the next. Reclock closes and no sound is beeing output anymore although playback in wmp goes on. the reclock icon just vanishes and can only be brought back by completely restarting wmp. same thing happens if i switch through my playlist rapidly. Only difference here is that reclock does not vanish but shows EVR and wasapi exclusive without bitmaching. but this time playback can be reenabled by switching back to the song that is shown in media infos. Very odd :bang:

That's a known problem. WMC and WMP12 don't close the graph before opening a new one. ReClock only allows one audio stream per process, which has already opened the audio devices for WASAPI exclusive use.

Thnx for your fast reply :)

so there is no solution? no workaround?
Couldnt wmp be forced to close the graph first?
Or make a plugin that closes all devices after playback stop?

Last edited:
Thnx for your fast reply :)

so there is no solution? no workaround?
Couldnt wmp be forced to close the graph first?
Or make a plugin that closes all devices after playback stop?
No, no, no and no. Unfortunately.

Where's that 2 coming from?

I have a question somewhat less ordinary, that's been bugging me for a while and can't figure out the answer.

Looking at the SoundTouch web page explanation of the time and pitch scaling - http://www.surina.net/article/time-and-pitch-scaling.html - there's a simple formula that confuses me.
It states that given the sampling frequency fs, a Discrete Fourier Transform of N points gives N/2 equally spaced frequency "bins" of width fs/(2*N).
My question is: where this factor 2 in the denominator comes from; shouldn't it be N/2 bins spaced at fs/N? :confused:

Using a discrete FT, it transforms input signal, or better yet N-dimensional vector x into its frequency domain representation X. Thus F[x] = X.
But as the audio data is a real signal without imaginary components, i.e. Im{x[n]} = 0 for n = 0, 1, ..., N-1, there is a redundancy in X.
First, X[k] = X[-k]* (complex conjugate), but indices are taken modulo N, so X[k] = X[N-k]*. The immediate consequence of this is at index 0 and N/2. For the "DC" bin we have X[0] = X[N-0]* = X[0]*, therefore its imaginary part is 0. similar with the "Nyquist" bin X[N/2] = X[N-N/2]* = X[N/2]*, so it is also a pure real number.
Other values that are not redundant are X[1], X[2], ... X[N/2 - 1] giving N/2 - 1 real and N/2 - 1 imaginary coefficients, totalling to N - 2. Those numbers along with the real "DC" and the "Nyquist" term give exactly N non-redundant coefficients, as expected.

Now, back to the frequency resolution. For a signal sampled at fs, the highest representable frequency (per Shannon)*** is fs/2. Taking N points of such signal, fs/2 is at the Nyquist bin N/2 (N/2 cycles per N samples). All bins are equally spaced, so the spacing (or resolution) is (fs/2)/(N/2) = fs/N.
The other way to look at this is to take coefficient X[1], representing exactly 1 full cycle (of a complex sinusoid) per N samples. Those N samples are N/fs seconds apart, so the first bin corresponds to the frequency fs/N. The X[2] corresponds to two full cycles each of length N/(2*fs) and the frequency of 2*fs/N.
Generalizing, X[m] (m < N/2) corresponds to frequency m*fs/N (m full cycles per N points), and finally the Nyquist X[N/2] corresponds to N/2*fs/N = fs/2, the highest representable frequency.
Again, the spacing between frequencies is fs/N. :bang:

For example, taking fs = 44100Hz and N = 44100, the resolution is 1Hz up to 22050Hz, as expected. But according to the page cited above, the resolution would be 0.5Hz up to the 0.5*44100/2 = 11025Hz?!?

Can someone please enlighten me, shed some light where I might be wrong or where I missed that 2 in the denominator?

It's far from a strict, formal description, but should suffice for clearing this "extraneous 2" problem. Plus, this forum doesn't have a specialized math-editor, so "writing formal" would be quite tedious. :D

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

________
*** - Actually, the sampling frequency must exceed twice the maximum frequency contained in the sampled signal, i.e. there must be a strict inequality.

Last edited:
Using Windows Seven 64 Bit and an entire software chain at 64 Bit (Media Player Classic Home Cinema - FFDShow - AviSynth), ReClock it's the only filter that it's not possible to select as the Output device.

Not problems at all using the same 32 Bit software chain, even in Seven 64 Bit.

My question (may be stupid...) is: doesn't exist a 64 bit ReClock release?

My question (may be stupid...) is: doesn't exist a 64 bit ReClock release?

No, ReClock is 32 bit only. It runs under 64bit OS, but only if the playback process is 32 bit.

BTW James, the next version of PotPlayer will allow to have the fps shown on the bottom transport bar(I use a TMT3 skin), too cool!

and madshi is having a hard time getting windows to tell him the current windows refresh rate...it is available in the /GDI/ tree of Reclock, but do you get it from windows? or is that the reason why Reclock freezes to death when you use new timings for the first time? madshi said GDI cannot provide this info and D3D returns "0".

He also has added an automatic exclusive mode, but if windows can't tell the refresh rate it's a PITA on 25fps files..as they could either need to be watched in 48 or 50Hz. D3D default is 60Hz, and if I force it to 48/96Hz in the last tab of dxdiag(on XPSP3), no more exclusive mode in mVR :bang:

and also, the latest version of uLilith has a switch to enable Direct2D...W7-only feature, but it's said to be really smooth :)

Last edited:
Hi James!

Thanks for your quick reply!!!

No, ReClock is 32 bit only. It runs under 64bit OS, but only if the playback process is 32 bit.

And there will be in the future, or not? I'm a little bit curious if an entire 64 bit software chain could speed up some online post processing of the images...!!!

Hovewer, thanks for all your precious work!!!

Back