• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nero 9.0.9.4d released

Is it normal if I'm considering overclocking my g/f's system just to install Nero 9?

Ahhh . . . Now, look what Nero did!!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• bunnycry.jpg
    bunnycry.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
ROFL. Yer killin me with the pictures. Very cute wabbit.

And, yes, the install is... god awful. When I installed the B release it took 45-60 min b/c I was multi-tasking but nothing major. On a Q6600 that is disgusting. On my old system... um. I'm not even going to try to imagine.

Last edited:
Wow; all that is what Nero considers an "update"? Formatting your hard drive, reinstalling Windows and then installing the updated Nero 9 would take less time.

It's like they don't even *want* to sell their product, anymore. As before, I'm sticking with 7.

Wow; all that is what Nero considers an "update"? Formatting your hard drive, reinstalling Windows and then installing the updated Nero 9 would take less time.

It's like they don't even *want* to sell their product, anymore. As before, I'm sticking with 7.

Nero8 was annoying but usable. Nero9 is just inexcusable. It's beyond huge and slow to install/uninstall. I had system instability from the start. I had issues using the uninstaller. It's seriously quicker to use the CleanTool which is just ludicrous. I don't know how they could release this garbage. They haven't fixed issues in Recode, either. It's just pathetic.

I see absolutely zero benefit to upgrading to Nero9 other than a lot of headaches.

I see absolutely zero benefit to upgrading to Nero9 other than a lot of headaches.

There are some new features: "Record, manage, playback, and enjoy your favorite TV shows – even for HDTV. Watch High-Definition TV and use the P-i-P (“picture-in-picture”) mode for watching 2 channels at the same time."

BUT this is the first time I've ever actually feared Nero updates. And my gaming rig is nothing to sneeze at. If I'm telling you Nero installations are slow, tedious, and would make any sane person cry, then that's pretty bad news.

Last edited:
There are some new features: "Record, manage, playback, and enjoy your favorite TV shows – even for HDTV. Watch High-Definition TV and use the P-i-P (“picture-in-picture”) mode for watching 2 channels at the same time."

BUT this is the first time I've ever actually feared Nero updates. And my gaming rig is nothing to sneeze at. If I'm telling you Nero installations are slow, tedious, and would make any sane person cry, then that's pretty bad news.

Indeed.

As for the TV features. It means nothing to me because it doesn't support my tuner. Blah.

And I only watch about 2 hours of TV a week; so I really don't care about TV features. Nearly everything I watch comes from Blu-Ray and/or DVD.

I'm truly laughing my ass off. I uninstalled the trial weeks ago and haven't looked back. (And yes, uninstalling is as painful as installing. Cleaning up that crap was NOT pleasant.) My new laptop is nothing to sneeze at, either, and it took nearly 30 minutes to install that thing. There is NOTHING compelling in that new version that's worth the 68 bucks we Nero 8 owners have to pay for the "privilige" of upgrading. I absolutely refuse. I'm sticking with the minimal version of 8 I have.

I find it insulting that when it was first released they gave previous owners a rebate coupon. It dropped the upgrade price by 13 USD. Now, however many days after release they are selling the upgrade for 20 USD cheaper than full retail. That's a 7 USD difference. It's just another idiotic move by Nero and they made an extra 7 USD off every person who upgraded right when Nero9 came out. Of course the price is dependent on where in the world the purchase is made but the price difference still applies.

Last edited:
Well, I'm off to update my g/f's version of Nero 9.

attachment.php

Wish me luck (those turtles will make it to the water before Nero 9 finishes installing).

Attachments

• turtles.jpg
    turtles.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 55
I have Nero8 still installed but I only use Recode, Vision, and DiscSpeed. I use ImgBurn for any burning that I used to use Nero for. One of the things I always hated about Nero was it truncating the volume name if I burned a DVD Video disc from my HDD.

I'd be interested in using the updated Recode & Vision but I am not willing to pay 60 USD especially with how seldom I use either program. Someone else can pay for me but I'm not spending my money on it. I'm also not downloading a 300+ install/update file every single time there is an update and from past experience I refuse to use the internal Nero updated which requires SmartStart to be installed the last I knew.

Useful Tip: You can install the trial version and then copy the Nero Toolkit somewhere else, uninstall Nero, and then copy the Toolkit back. You'll have the updated DiscSpeed, DriveSpeed, and InfoTool. They all operate without needing Nero9 installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure as hell ain't buying it. 60 bucks for Recode, Vision, and some tools? No thanks. I'm sticking with 8.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called German Nero support last week regarding Blu-ray support for version 9. They do not plan to integrate it. The version 8 plugin sold poorly and the licensing fees and developement costs are way too high.

I went and installed the trial yesterday and to my surprise it won't install on my system. Thank god I didn't buy it first.

I called German Nero support last week regarding Blu-ray support for version 9. They do not plan to integrate it. The version 8 plugin sold poorly and the licensing fees and developement costs are way too high.

Well you can buy the editing plugin for 7 euros

I sure as hell ain't buying it. 60 bucks for Recode, Vision, and some tools? No thanks. I'm sticking with 8.

Until they fix some issues with Recode - I'm staying with my 6.xx version and Shrink. (and XP-Pro and Office 2000 etc etc)

-W (old school)

Until they fix some issues with Recode - I'm staying with my 6.xx version and Shrink. (and XP-Pro and Office 2000 etc etc)

-W (old school)

Fix recode....do those words actually go together? Good luck with that.

-W (old school)

lol, Office 2000? You might be pushing your luck with that one. Personally, I don't really understand people's reluctance to upgrade (other than the ludicrous price charged for Vista, which I fortunately avoided by buying it through my school).

I've been using Vista for about 6 months now, though, and have zero issues with it. And Office 2007 seems fine. I agree on Nero, though; I'm perfectly happy with 7. Each version since has been an embarrassment.

lol, Office 2000? You might be pushing your luck with that one. Personally, I don't really understand people's reluctance to upgrade (other than the ludicrous price charged for Vista, which I fortunately avoided by buying it through my school).

I've been using Vista for about 6 months now, though, and have zero issues with it. And Office 2007 seems fine. I agree on Nero, though; I'm perfectly happy with 7. Each version since has been an embarrassment.

Reluctance to upgrade is not my issue. When the upgrade is a piece of **** and causes more problems than it fixes, then the "upgrade" isn't. Nero9 falls WAYYYYYY over the line of that one.

Back