• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Will Amazon ever work again with AS

Steve55

I just wanted to ask a straight question, because I don't want to hang around with false hope.
As Amazon move all their content to L1, it just seems to me inherently unlikely that a general solution is going to be found.

I understand that there are random keys floating around for individual titles: that have been gleaned historically, or that people were able to download using a compromised device key before it got revoked.
But if this isn't going to be solved in the "general case" - and it seems to me seems very likely that it can't be tbh - then I want to move on to other methods which will cost me time and money but I know will work, at least for a while. Also, I want to stop subscribing to Amazon channels that if I can't download them are just costing me money.

Like I say, if there's a serious chance, fair enough, but it's a month since I was able to download a title from Amazon and I don't just want to live in hope for another month (Of course, I know some titles work for the reasons mentioned above but that doesn't help me).
And please no pseudo-answer like "RedFox have great programmers" I do know that already.
By the way, I don't want a 100% promise, or an explanation of how you plan to do it. Just to know it's something more solid than a wing and a prayer.
Thanks.

Never say never, but whats this with ppl believing they'll move ALL content to L1? That would effectively mean they cut off streaming access to older devices that don't have that certifcation. That's just dumb. Either way, Ivan managed to shut down that "wvdump" indian "hacker" that keps leaking CDM keys and was explicitly targetting Anystream lately. I can only imagine staff having to constantly start over from scratch these past few weeks. Maybe now they'll be able to actually get things working again.

I find I can download about 95%+ of what I request on AP. About 20% of the time I get a red flag in the queue. I then wait an hour or a day and it downloads. (BTW, I find the first request after a failure also fails. I kill both entries and the second one DLs immediately.) I actually have had one hard stop on a movie I actually bought because it was on sale ($2.99 for a BRY level quality is fine by me). I have been able to DL all other rentals and purchases from AP, though a couple required multiple requests and patience. This includes IMBD, P+, and a couple of other channels on AP. So far I have found no series that I cannot DL on AP and as long as I set up each individual episode, they are high Quality. HOWEVER, I am not trying to copy everything. Just the stuff I love and want to know where it is. I don't bother to copy any provider originals because I know where they will be and it is small effort to find them. So far, I find AP is considerably less expensive than the eBay route of buying the least expensive BLs I can find and I can consistently find what I want using RT.

Last edited:
then you're primarily downloading older content. Try downloading The Expanse season 6, aint gonna work.

I've also started having some concerns lately. AP is the ONLY provider we have and it's been over 5 weeks since I d/l'd anything (I was up to date with what I wanted to watch).
I have been unable to d/l anything (new or old - even waiting days in between and trying again with the same titles -> and new ones).
Getting the "unable to decrypt" message for them all.
Sure hope it gets resolved.

I've found nothing I try to download on AP that's older actually works. Just gives me the error message. But I tested downloading the newest pete the cat special and it is downloading perfectly! So it's honestly just trial and error. I don't know if we can pin it down to older thing working and newer things not. Nothing is ever that simple.

then you're primarily downloading older content. Try downloading The Expanse season 6, aint gonna work.

That's not the only explanation, though it could be a big part. I downloaded ST: Discovery no issues, but 1883 dies. Both are P+ on AP. I will try again in a few hours. I am more likely to DL something on P+ I like since I may turn it off, but something that is PA original and therefore going to be there forever, I won't bother. It's the stuff that moves around. The movie I bought had been on another service not handled by AS which is why I bought it. I will DL a purchase because the purchase contract if full of holes so I need a back up.

Just DL new shows on IMDB and P+ channels on AP. Also DLed a new show no AO but on AP. But so far nada on any AO stuff.

Invincible Episode 6 will not download after 20 tries, all others are fine. Super weird.
Wheel of time 2,3,5,7,8 do not work after 5 tries each. Episodes 1,4,6 were fine.
Paul, Without Remorse, Season 6 of The Expanse are no go too.

This is with 3 other competitor apps as well, so all we can do is wait for someone to fix it and the knowledge to spread.

I just wanted to ask a straight question, because I don't want to hang around with false hope.
As Amazon move all their content to L1, it just seems to me inherently unlikely that a general solution is going to be found.

I understand that there are random keys floating around for individual titles: that have been gleaned historically, or that people were able to download using a compromised device key before it got revoked.
But if this isn't going to be solved in the "general case" - and it seems to me seems very likely that it can't be tbh - then I want to move on to other methods which will cost me time and money but I know will work, at least for a while. Also, I want to stop subscribing to Amazon channels that if I can't download them are just costing me money.

Like I say, if there's a serious chance, fair enough, but it's a month since I was able to download a title from Amazon and I don't just want to live in hope for another month (Of course, I know some titles work for the reasons mentioned above but that doesn't help me).
And please no pseudo-answer like "RedFox have great programmers" I do know that already.
By the way, I don't want a 100% promise, or an explanation of how you plan to do it. Just to know it's something more solid than a wing and a prayer.
Thanks.

release groups have been doing it since before AS was a thing and have apparently suffered no interruption but whether or not AS will ever do it is a giant question mark in my mind. had they been working towards it I might have some confidence but honestly it seemed like they were entirely content on bare minimum and competing with the competition rather than actually providing the best product possible.

in example amazon prime is the only UI that's fully fleshed out but people have been asking for CBR and it would appear that CBR would have been incredibly easy to implement and they were apparently just content to not offer it.

Never say never, but whats this with ppl believing they'll move ALL content to L1? That would effectively mean they cut off streaming access to older devices that don't have that certifcation. That's just dumb.
They don't care, in their minds they're "defeating piracy" when in reality that'll NEVER happen. :)

This is worse than the "War on drugs" lmfao.

The Amazon UI isn't 'full fledged', adding support for it required using a chromium based backbone. That's all there is to it. The other providers are 100% custom coded.

I won't deny there's room for improvement such as adding support for 'watched' or 'my listen type of stuff.

As to the CBR thing again, just because a user like us THINKS something is easy to implement, doesn't mean it actually is easy to implement.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

One has to wonder why Prime still keep CBR around... perhaps it's a honeypot?..

I've been able to download older and newer stuff.
Sometimes if trying to download in a queue they all error out.
If I try downloading them individually they work sometimes.
Cobra Kai was not downloaded with ANS.
Capture.JPG

Since I only care about older stuff ,most of the time, I have been using AS without issue through the DRM problems since 1.2.8.0 . Although I hit my first DRM issue today on Discovery+ on AP. That too was for something 10+ years old but now I am in the same boat.

Since I only care about older stuff ,most of the time, I have been using AS without issue through the DRM problems since 1.2.8.0 . Although I hit my first DRM issue today on Discovery+ on AP. That too was for something 10+ years old but now I am in the same boat.

I subscribed to Discovery+ a month ago and so far I haven't been able to dl one single selection - everything has the "cannot decrypt this stream" error. I also took advantage of the 2-month $.99 trial offers for Starz, Epic, Paramount, Showtime and other subscriptions at the same time, figuring it'd take two months to dl everything I want, right before the DRM shutdown. The problem is, all their older, downloadable content went bye-byes on December 31, and all the new stuff they've added has the "unable to decrypt" error - and as I often can't tell what's new and what isn't, I could burn through my quota very quickly and end up with nothing. I'd also like a realistic assessment if AS will ever work again with AP, as new content turnover is very quickly going to outstrip older stuff, making it an "unable to decrypt this stream" wasteland. I'm feeling like there's just not enough content in the other providers that makes it worth the price.

Last edited:
Back