• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Will Amazon ever work again with AS

I have been on these forums a good bit of time and this dude shows up EVERY drm issue and starts lecturing everyone about what's going on and what he knows. I am quite sure I am not saying anything you don't already know I just felt compelled to say it out loud because I am sick to death of the whining and the attempts at ego fluffing on this forum when there are issues such as what's going on now. I say this as just a user but someone who enjoys hanging out with the good folks here on a normal basis.
It's hard to find the fine line responding to people who have legitimate complaints from their point of view and calm people down who are just impatient.

It's hard to find the fine line responding to people who have legitimate complaints from their point of view and calm people down who are just impatient.

It's hard to find the fine line between being able to criticise a software you pay for and being criticised for criticising said software by mods and users alike who won't accept any sort of criticism.

(Say that after a few drinks haha)

If anyone has seen Hot Fuzz (2007), that is the equivalent of the AS forum on RF. "The greater good"....

It's hard to find the fine line between being able to criticise a software you pay for and being criticised for criticising said software by mods and users alike who won't accept any sort of criticism.

(Say that after a few drinks haha)

We should make 1 day a year where you are only allowed to post with a 3 drink minimum. That would be hilarious and possibly solve several rivalries. :p

Please keep the f...ing Covid discussion out of this tread or I will close it. OK?

What I said has literally f...ing nothing to do with Covid? My question was (if you read it correctly) have you seen this film Hot Fuzz. Obviously f...ing not if you're going on about Covid!!! Thanks for your input anyway

EDIT: For those like coopervid who obviously haven't seen the film (although still thought it was best to comment wildly without any knowledge on the filme), it is about a so called perfect village run by a cult who won't accept anything they are doing is wrong and will kill anyone who don't agree or follow what they're doing! Similar to a forum I am a member of.....

Last edited:
No, I haven't seen it. This is what imdb says.

The film looks behind the fear, hype and politics that polarize people into emotionally charged pro-vaccine or anti-vaccine camps with no room for middle ground. Verite stories of individuals and their families, whose lives have been forever changed by vaccine choices, interwoven with interviews from leading experts in the field, will re-frame the vaccine debate and offer, for the first time, the opportunity to have a rational, scientific and factual discussion on how to create a more effective vaccine program in America today

No, I haven't seen it. This is what imdb says.

The film looks behind the fear, hype and politics that polarize people into emotionally charged pro-vaccine or anti-vaccine camps with no room for middle ground. Verite stories of individuals and their families, whose lives have been forever changed by vaccine choices, interwoven with interviews from leading experts in the field, will re-frame the vaccine debate and offer, for the first time, the opportunity to have a rational, scientific and factual discussion on how to create a more effective vaccine program in America today

No, you Googled 'The Greater Good'. I said about the film 'Hot Fuzz' which are completely different things. Absolutely nothing to do with whatever the f... you are going on about. If you had seen the film (like I said in my original post) you would know it was nothing to do with anything you thought it was

No, you Googled 'The Greater Good'. I said about the film 'Hot Fuzz' which are completely different things. Absolutely nothing to do with whatever the f... you are going on about. If you had seen the film (like I said in my original post) you would know it was nothing to do with anything you thought it was

EDIT: **hopefully taken as a joke by all, as intended**.... it appears the mods not only know nothing about DRM, but also know nothing about English comedy either

Here you said it. Now who's fault is it?

Wow, are you really that dumb?? I clearly put "HAS ANYONE SEEN HOT FUZZ (2007)". I even put a f...ing release date of the film before I put a quote that was used in the film (in f...ing quote marks). Your problem, not mine. I asked if anyone had seen it. You hadn't. So don't comment on it. Simple.

P.S. Just in case I get banned. coopervid was the one that started all of the f...ing. I just followed. Him and RF1 set the standards, we just follow.

Wow, are you really that dumb?? I clearly put "HAS ANYONE SEEN HOT FUZZ (2007)". I even put a f...ing release date of the film before I put a quote that was used in the film (in f...ing quote marks). Your problem, not mine. I asked if anyone had seen it. You hadn't. So don't comment on it. Simple.

P.S. Just in case I get banned. coopervid was the one that started all of the f...ing. I just followed. Him and RF1 set the standards, we just follow.
Come on guys he made a mistake the film you mention is a 2007 release, no covid in 2007, no one is getting banned, he just got a little mixed up. I apologize for him.

Come on guys he made a mistake the film you mention is a 2007 release, no covid in 2007, no one is getting banned, he just got a little mixed up. I apologize for him.

I don't perceive any 'mistake' or 'mix up'; I've watched that movie a few times and laugh every time; 'the greater good' is but one of a few memorable snippets of dialogue in that flick.

I don't perceive any 'mistake' or 'mix up'; I've watched that movie a few times and laugh every time; 'the greater good' is but one of a few memorable snippets of dialogue in that flick.
I don't know either film, why don't you all continue your nice conversation and forget about the ( perceived mix up) LOL

[QUOTE="LUT-FC, post: 565628, member: 158588"Like I said, it is a fantastic piece of kit and one that I will continue to subscribe to, however knowing what is going on behind the scenes, please do not follow it blind like others and disregard every little bit of criticism.[/QUOTE]

So you know what's "going on behind the scenes" and still love the software. I think that can only mean my "trust" of Redfox (which is based on my historical experience with them) is not misplaced.

And I am not following anything blindly or disregarding anything. I was one of the more vocal opponents of AS+ licensing initially. I support things based on their merits and historical actions.

I am not trying to be sassy with you, just stating my positions. I think I see where you are coming from and I get your points. I do not know the behind the scenes or what you are referring to so I cannot comment on that.

There are massive problems with what is going on here and whilst I think AS is a FANTASTIC piece of software which allows the masses (including members of my family that can barely work a computer!) to download, there are huge problems with the transparency around this whole 'DRM' thing and how/what/why things are not working.

How would you like RF to be more transparent? Sure, it would be nice to know how 'close' RF is to fixing all of the issues, but this suggestion for posting road maps has been rejected at several points in the past. I can understand the reasoning behind them not wanting to do this, though I may wish they'd do it anyway.

Last edited:
I don't know how many times I've posted this, but here it is again. Everyone --and I mean EVERYONE -- has had the ability to screen grab throughout this entire time. No one has missed any content they did not actively choose to miss. This is the reality of the situation. If you choose not to screen record, fair enough. I can understand the decision. But lets not pretend that it wasn't a decision those folks made. AS will be fixed in time. No one is going to die because its not working perfectly right now.

Anyone who wants to can read my initial question. I didn't want to generate 3 pages of "stuff" just get an answer. As I understand what I just now read elsewhere, the developers do indeed consider it possible, despite the challenges, to get the L1 material out of Amazon. So why did noone just post that at the beginning? That's the answer to my question.

I would also like to observe that not only on this thread, but also on others, there's too many content-free posts of the "I'm smart and you're stupid" variety.

Back