• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Will Amazon ever work again with AS

I've been able to download older and newer stuff.
Sometimes if trying to download in a queue they all error out.
If I try downloading them individually they work sometimes.
Cobra Kai was not downloaded with ANS.

Since the content is on a server farm, which is probably quite huge, I would guess that it depends on what actual specific hard drive the specific stream is coming from over at Amazon. They must be employing new DRM that has not rolled out to 100% of their servers. It's possible that not 100% of their infrastructure supports whatever change they made. But when it is eventually 100%, then nothing will work without an AnyStream update.

Since the content is on a server farm, which is probably quite huge, I would guess that it depends on what actual specific hard drive the specific stream is coming from over at Amazon. They must be employing new DRM that has not rolled out to 100% of their servers. It's possible that not 100% of their infrastructure supports whatever change they made. But when it is eventually 100%, then nothing will work without an AnyStream update.

Nothing is ever stored on "a specific hard drive" in a data center. AWS uses something called a "Storage Area Network" where many physical hard disks(usually about 10) are put together into a RAID, which is then presented to a file system as one big "virtual" disk, with the file system then stripped across dozens, possibly hundreds of those. The file containing the movie you want then lives in that file system, stripped across as many as 100 different disks. The DRM lives elsewhere on the system.

As far as I know the drm is implemented on edge servers?
I would assume the patchiness is down to a mixture of amazon rolling stuff out, and whatever keys AS has harvested and cached on their server(s).
I notice there was no reply from Redfox so far.

There is no such thing as 'edge servers'. Edge is a browser, nothing more. It has no servers. DRM is implented at the streaming providers CDN (content delivery network) before it reaches the public internet part. All any browser has is a browser module that allows them (via secure private keys) to decrypt that content on-the-fly and display the video

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Edge servers do indeed exist - my company has them in our datacenters. It just happens to be a duplicate use of "EDGE" in the datacenter versus the browser...however, I am not sure that it would apply here, but I know near nothing about DRM. Here is a snippet of a definition: What are Edge Servers? Edge servers are powerful computers put at the “edge” of a given network where data computation needs to happen. They are physically close to the systems or applications that are creating the data being stored on, or used by, the server.

James Harper is correct. There are a variety tiered server architectures in large data centers or distributed across large enterprise networks to provide specific tasks or services such as client load-balancing, access security, application hosting, database, systems management and recovery, etc. this architecture starts with the "Edge"

James Harper is correct. There are a variety tiered server architectures in large data centers or distributed across large enterprise networks to provide specific tasks or services such as client load-balancing, access security, application hosting, database, systems management and recovery, etc. this architecture starts with the "Edge"

Indeed. We use edge servers on-prem (on our premises at the "edge" of a tiered network architecture, before lifting to AWS data lake / cloud storage) - our edge servers enhance raw harvested machine data from the manufacturing processes with meta data from the business. Other uses for edge servers? Content providers. Here's a snippet from https://www.stackpath.com/edge-academy/what-is-an-edge-server regarding CDN edge servers:

"A CDN edge server is a strategically placed server that provides users with cached versions of static content from origin servers. This means CDN edge servers provide content such as images, JavaScript, HTML, and downloadable content. As a result, CDN edge servers help reduce the workload on origin servers and reduce latency for users. These servers are deployed at points of presence (PoPs) and edge locations across a content delivery network."​

Last edited:
I just wanted to ask a straight question, because I don't want to hang around with false hope.
As Amazon move all their content to L1, it just seems to me inherently unlikely that a general solution is going to be found.

I understand that there are random keys floating around for individual titles: that have been gleaned historically, or that people were able to download using a compromised device key before it got revoked.
But if this isn't going to be solved in the "general case" - and it seems to me seems very likely that it can't be tbh - then I want to move on to other methods which will cost me time and money but I know will work, at least for a while. Also, I want to stop subscribing to Amazon channels that if I can't download them are just costing me money.

Like I say, if there's a serious chance, fair enough, but it's a month since I was able to download a title from Amazon and I don't just want to live in hope for another month (Of course, I know some titles work for the reasons mentioned above but that doesn't help me).
And please no pseudo-answer like "RedFox have great programmers" I do know that already.
By the way, I don't want a 100% promise, or an explanation of how you plan to do it. Just to know it's something more solid than a wing and a prayer.
Thanks.
I more or less have the same question. It's been quite some time I haven't been able to use AS for the sole purpose I bought it for and my license expires in next 14 days. I understand the developers are working tirelessly on a fix but some ETA would help. Not like it will work some day when I purchase something.

There is no such thing as 'edge servers'. Edge is a browser, nothing more . .

I'm one of many who are familiar with Edge as a browser but really, I sense a tad too much hubris from you matey, judging by the techy responses debunking your assertion.

Last edited:
I'm one of many who are familiar with Edge as a browser but really, I sense a tad too much hubris from you matey, judging by the techy responses debunking your assertion.

Indeed :)

Hubris
"Hubris, or, less frequently, hybris, describes a personality quality of extreme or excessive pride or dangerous overconfidence, often in combination with arrogance. The term "arrogance" comes from the Latin adrogare, meaning to feel that one has a right to demand certain attitudes and behaviors from other people."

Poor Ch3vr0n, not his week it seems, so many wrong assertions/assumptions.

Well part of what I said then still applies (the part about DRM being added at the provider level, not the browser level). Didn't know those were called 'edge servers'. So that's new to me

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Well I never got an answer to this (And please note, I wasn't asking for a promise, only if it was a realistic hope). But this new 1.2.9 release, which simply disables all L1 content entirely!!!, seems to me to be a statement in its own right, that I shouldn't expect L1 from Amz / AS any time soon, and I need to act consequently.

Are people entirely incapable of patience? These tantrums are so tedious. Everyone has the ability to screen grab. If that isn't good enough for you, then be patient and wait for the issues to be resolved. If you can't do that, then do us all a favor and not add your voice to the multitude of ill mannered crying here on the forums. Thanks.

Well i believe 1290 is your answer. Your title specifically states "Will amazon ever work again with as". Guess what, it's working again with amazon. End of story, it may not be back yet to what it used to be, but it is working. Plain and simple.

Well it appears as though they only have a working L3 CDM, so they would need to secure an L1 CDM that has not been leaked as WV has been nipping leaks in the bud.

It may not be a lot of money to some, but for those who are lecturing about people throwing tantrums or being upset, this product was advertised to always be working. I was told by mods of this board that this would that would not happen as AS didn't use the CDM method.

Well it appears as though they only have a working L3 CDM, so they would need to secure an L1 CDM that has not been leaked as WV has been nipping leaks in the bud.

It may not be a lot of money to some, but for those who are lecturing about people throwing tantrums or being upset, this product was advertised to always be working. I was told by mods of this board that this would that would not happen as AS didn't use the CDM method.
I don't think so. No mod has such a deep insight. Who told you that?

I don't think so. No mod has such a deep insight. Who told you that?

I have been on these forums a good bit of time and this dude shows up EVERY drm issue and starts lecturing everyone about what's going on and what he knows. I am quite sure I am not saying anything you don't already know I just felt compelled to say it out loud because I am sick to death of the whining and the attempts at ego fluffing on this forum when there are issues such as what's going on now. I say this as just a user but someone who enjoys hanging out with the good folks here on a normal basis.

You're talking waffle in more than one sense. Firstly, 'AS didn't use the CDM method'. You realise how silly that sentence sounds right? Translation is.... "Anystream didn't use the Content Decryption Module method" is what you said. All legit browsers/devices/TV's etc all use a 'CDM' to decrypt content so what you said makes absolutely no sense.

What I think you were meant to say was that AS wouldn't use/pay for leaked keys.... LOL...Anyone with a slight understanding of DRM and what is going on knows that is rubbish. Firstly Chrome x2, then Lenovo and now one of the android generics (likely some more leaked keys inbetween, as well). Like I said in an earlier post, 2391 will be leaked so it's only a matter of time until AS gets hold of it and it is long live RF again and they will be the best thing since sliced bread once again. Let's stop panicking!

I have been on these forums a good bit of time and this dude shows up EVERY drm issue and starts lecturing everyone about what's going on and what he knows. I am quite sure I am not saying anything you don't already know I just felt compelled to say it out loud because I am sick to death of the whining and the attempts at ego fluffing on this forum when there are issues such as what's going on now. I say this as just a user but someone who enjoys hanging out with the good folks here on a normal basis.

Completely get what you're saying DQ and your forum input is hugely valued. Whilst I don't like teege, he/she may have a point regarding the DRM issues (even if he/she doesn't usually get all of the facts correct)...

There are massive problems with what is going on here and whilst I think AS is a FANTASTIC piece of software which allows the masses (including members of my family that can barely work a computer!) to download, there are huge problems with the transparency around this whole 'DRM' thing and how/what/why things are not working.

It really is not as black and white as you think and RF/AS are really not being as black and white as you would like, or deserve.

Like I said, it is a fantastic piece of kit and one that I will continue to subscribe to, however knowing what is going on behind the scenes, please do not follow it blind like others and disregard every little bit of criticism.

Last edited:
Back