• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What a misunderstanding

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Manoj Bhabuta

What is stopping Redfox doing the dirty again.
In 2/3 years time Redfox will again ask you to pay again for a lifetime license.

People have already paid for this software, and Redfox went's us to buy the software again, even people with life time license of AnydvdHD.
Now that is what a con feels like

I guess you missed my post above. Nothing could be further from the truth.
The former Slysoft owner (Giancarlo Bettini) was forced out of business in Antigua by the AASC-LA using US pressure.
This totally new venture is owned and run by the former staff, not Bettini.
Read this link.... and you'll see how we got to this place.
Note that nobody is "happy" about this, but there's no reason to slander this team.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/no-fox-no-job-no-future.68331/

Yes... the "feeling thing" sucks. But blaming these people for it - sucks worse.
They were owed back pay by Slysoft before it folded, and then worked for 3 more months with no pay.
Considering they are risking everything to keep this thing alive - they deserve a payday.
Read that whole link... you'll see the community support is overwhelming.

-W

Last edited:
I guess you missed my post above. Nothing could be further from the truth.
The former Slysoft owner (Giancarlo Bettini) was forced out of business in Antigua by the AASC-LA using US pressure.
This totally new venture is owned and run by the former staff, not Bettini.
Read this link.... and you'll see how we got to this place.
Note that nobody is "happy" about this, but there's no reason to slander this team.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/no-fox-no-job-no-future.68331/

-W

Note that nobody is "happy" about this, but there's no reason to slander this team. --> Really
so the same people work there but we have to pay again for the same software "NO LOGIC".
What will happen when AASC-LA put pressure on you again
You move to another country and setup again and ask the people to buy the software again.

Pressure on me? I'm a customer just like you. (AACS-LA can **** my ****)
I know the whole scoop because I followed this.
Nothing is certain to be "forever" but if they go out this time - it's OUT.
There's no more middle man.
They have taken more precautions - that's the best anyone can say.
I also suspect they have (or will soon have) a Plan-B - so if pressure comes they can move the servers before a meltdown. (without us being involved).
It was either this way - or NO way.Take your pick....
I prefer to take a chance on the best team in this business.
-W

So you don't like the situation.

NO ONE does, customers and the former SlySoft employees. The US Government and the AACS-LA is to blame for what transpired.

Nothing/no one is forcing you to buy a new license. I do not share your opinion and cheerfully purchased two new RedFox AnyDVD licenses to replace my SlySoft licenses.

Last edited:
Now now, recycle be nice. Calling people 'con's' is just as much against forum rules.

I'm surprised this inflamatory thread is still unlocked at all. :D
This thing was "over and done" after post #4. LOL
-W

What is stopping Redfox doing the dirty again.
In 2/3 years time Redfox will again ask you to pay again for a lifetime license.

People have already paid for this software, and Redfox went's us to buy the software again, even people with life time license of AnydvdHD.
Now that is what a con feels like
If you keep up with the news on many website sand the internet you might not feel this way. And what do you mean" Doing the dirty again"
I'm surprised this inflamatory thread is still unlocked at all. :D
This thing was "over and done" after post #4. LOL
-W
No I am not going to lock it, I am going to make this member a customer. Manoj Bhabuta please do some research and then get back to me.

It may not be a con but I remember a couple of posts by James one stating that "slysoft was not going anywhere" and another stating "no" replying to a questions asking if slysoft would be shut down. I am sure if I searched long enough I could find them. I am not trying to stir anything up so please don't ban me this time.

It may not be a con but I remember a couple of posts by James one stating that "slysoft was not going anywhere" and another stating "no" replying to a questions asking if slysoft would be shut down. I am sure if I searched long enough I could find them. I am not trying to stir anything up so please don't ban me this time.
You are allowed to have your opinion, just as long as its civil and not combative. Yes James said that but it was before something very serious happened.

It was after Bettini had charges brought against him. I just can not justify purchasing anydvdhd again especially with the payment options.

Its time for explanations, I have seen the customers misunderstand what has happened. I would be pissed also. Give me a chance to make a member who doesnt understand into a customer.

My "mission from God" post was a joke of course.
I totally agree that many customers (who do not read these boards often) could be totally blindsided by this whole thing.
Their first reaction would indeed be anger. That's why I've taken the time to explain it a few times.
I even have a cut/paste text file of my best one... saves time. LOL
I totally believe you'll get some to understand.
-W
PS: To Mrfixit. At the time James posted those - I'm sure his position was optomistic and coupled with a dose of bravado.
Don't forget that Slysoft had been playing a "cat and mouse" game for years in Antigua - and stayed alive.

Last edited:
It was after Bettini had charges brought against him. I just can not justify purchasing anydvdhd again especially with the payment options.

Bettini edured many "slap on the wrist" charges and fines over all these years.
The programmer is not the lawyer - I'm sure James expected to weather this latest round with "more of the same".
Charges have fines and penalties. Those can be paid off.
Cease and desist - that's another matter.
No one saw THAT coming, and if Bettini did - he didn't share it.
-W

Bettini edured many "slap on the wrist" charges and fines over all these years.
The programmer is not the lawyer - I'm sure James expected to weather this latest round with "more of the same".
Charges have fines and penalties. Those can be paid off.
Cease and desist - that's another matter.
No one saw THAT coming, and if Bettini did - he didn't share it.
-W
That was not the reason Slysoft shutdown, the Island of Antigua was put on the Govt Watch List, it could have meant sanction for Antigua and worse. They do their business with Tourism. If that were shutdown, the Islands main source of income would be gone. What happened here was unforseen and we are as sorry as anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back