• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Weird Windows issue (0xc0000005)

My point? Even well intended customizations can have downstream effects you could not have anticipated
I think that as well. As I also disabled some autorun things, along with using the programs and not reboot in between, I might caused some weird things to happen. The question now is, what that is and then, is it possible to be solved without wiping everything. I haven't taken a single look into the Event logger EVER, so I hope something in there can be a clue to the problem.

To each his own, I haven't ever had to re-install an Os system after the first installation, if you run into an issue where you have to do a complete reinstall 99% of the time it's usually the user's fault. Either using crap programs like CCleaner or Revo Uninstaller or Superanti-spyware, these programs ruin your computer. There are also hundreds of programs that say they make your OS faster or they clean out leftover files, they do nothing but mess up your OS. If you need these types of programs, you are a beginner without the wear with all to do these tasks using Windows itself, you can clean all your cookies and cache using the functions of the browser. You can always reinstall Windows if you make backups on a regular basis. There should never be an instance where you have to do a clean installation of the machine you are using.

I know of that, but I prefer to just wipe the drive and make a clean install as I believe that to be faster than waiting for Windows to preper all the files.

That's the only proper way to to it. The built-in reset is known problematic, especially if you tell it to keep files & folders. The only thing it's good at is corrupting the reset process, deleting files & folders belonging to the user but leave registry entries for it intact. Windows will then detect those entries on first boot after reset and attempt to load the user profile, but it won't be able to because the files/folders for it no longer exist. The fix? A clean install. So might as well do it from the start :)

I think that as well. As I also disabled some autorun things, along with using the programs and not reboot in between, I might caused some weird things to happen. The question now is, what that is and then, is it possible to be solved without wiping everything. I haven't taken a single look into the Event logger EVER, so I hope something in there can be a clue to the problem.

Well here is the deal. If you know this issue has followed you across a number of installs, you might as well just solve it now. If you perform a clean install, do all the same things again and it comes back there is no point to the reinstall. If you wish you can take some screenshots of those logs or you can export them and I can look at them. But in all honesty the logs will most likely give away more info than you want to someone you don't know. I would comb through them and look for clusters of warnings and errors.

Do restore points before each software install.
The thing is, if I decide to let it restore such a restore point, I don't know what else it would remove/change. That's why I haven't dealt with it so far.

Last edited:
C'mon! Exactly to the point before the new software install. Create a restore point manually and call it " Before installion of xyz software".

C'mon! Exactly to the point before the new software install. Create a restore point manually and call it " Before installion of xyz software".
That is of course obvious. But when I then notice my PC is weird after several month and that it has to be this one program, I wont have any clue what I installed or changed in the meantime.
And when I have to clue about the possible cause, I just wipe it instead of going back several restore points in the hope I find the right one before the issue occured.

I might have to add that I am used to install Windows at this point as I did so for the upgrade from W7 to 10 and later 11, I did it twice on my previous PC and on several other devices as well. My browser data is synched, I only have around five programs that require a license and the other things are set fast. So I can understand why you prefer restore points, maybe you have more files or programs that would be difficult to set up again. But since I haven't dealt with restore points until know, it is more easy for me to just wipe it.

Restore points are prone to failure, either you run out of allocated space or it just fails. I wouldn't advise it. Windows has a built-in Backup program. You can also use the Macrium Reflect Home version. You back up whole systems in an external drive and just do incremental backups every two weeks.

Restore points are prone to failure, either you run out of allocated space or it just fails. I wouldn't advise it. Windows has a built-in Backup program. You can also use the Macrium Reflect Home version. You back up whole systems in an external drive and just do incremental backups every two weeks.
I do backups in addition to restore points every week. I use an older version of Acronis True Image doing increments 5x until it starts a new full backup on an USB hard drive. These .tib backup files can also be accessed via Windows Explorer and you can copy&paste single files or directories from these .tib files.

I do backups in addition to restore points every week. I use an older version of Acronis True Image doing increments 5x until it starts a new full backup on an USB hard drive. These .tib backup files can also be accessed via Windows Explorer and you can copy&paste single files or directories from these .tib files.
Acronis used to be good for backups, now they changed their name to Acronis CyberProtectHome, and it's a failure. If you have an old version of the perpetual Acronis True Image use that. Do not upgrade. I use Macrium Reflect Home, they do have a free version but you cannot do incremental backups with it, only full.

Acronis used to be good for backups, now they changed their name to Acronis CyberProtectHome, and it's a failure. If you have an old version of the perpetual Acronis True Image use that. Do not upgrade.
Thanks, I'm aware. The new versions are bloatware and finicky. My 2014 version runs just fine.

Thanks, I'm aware. The new versions are bloatware and finicky. My 2014 version runs just fine.
The only issue with some 2014 (too old) is UEFI. It may fail when you need it. I would try to find a 2018 version before they became AcronisCyberProtect.

I fixed that. I moved the old installation from a SATA-SSD to a M2-SSD. The conversion process of the old MBR installation to GPT was quite cumbersome.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>MBR2GPT.EXE /convert /allowfullos

MBR2GPT will now attempt to convert the default book disk. If conversion is successful the disk can only be booted in GPT mode. These changes cannot be undone! MBR2GPT: Attempting to convert disk 0 MBR2GPT:

Retrieving layout of disk MBR2GPT:

Validating layout, disk sector size is: 512 bytes. Cannot find OS partition(s) for disk 0

The cure:

bcdboot c:\Windows /f bios /s c:

Then a second run of MBR2GPT was successful

MBR2GBT / convert / allowfullos

My advice is simply my advice. Don't do restore points or OS backups. Backup data yes, OS no. It's too easy to install cleanly at this point and when you backup only your data that opens up the range of good software available for your backup needs.

My advice is simply my advice. Don't do restore points or OS backups. Backup data yes, OS no. It's too easy to install cleanly at this point and when you backup only your data that opens up the range of good software available for your backup needs.
Understood but if you have software like Adobe Lightroom, VMWare Workstation etc. installed it's a pain to backup files / folders etc. You need to have a detailed plan what to backup. Much easier to do a complete backup / restore.

Understood but if you have software like Adobe Lightroom, VMWare Workstation etc. installed it's a pain to backup files / folders etc. You need to have a detailed plan what to backup. Much easier to do a complete backup / restore.
It was not my intent to infer the advice I gave was the best case in all scenarios. I pretty much said it that way but not what I mean but that's on me. I think it applies for normal use cases meaning the every day user but you are right there are things that are a pain to install, configure and license. I have a number of users at one of the offices that use a number of programs like that and when I mention rebuilding their machines they tear up :p

Something you mentioned is super important for anyone though. You SHOULD know where your critical data is and for a number for a number of reasons, backup being one of them. I understand why folks rely on OS backups. But for me personally I put data in only certain places and structure my setup with the very idea I can rip and rebuild the OS pretty easily because I do that on a regular basis. For example I have a new SSD coming in this week and I am going to rip and rebuild the OS. But for me that's fun and not a chore. So to each his own. :)

Credo: There is no one-size-fits-all. You NEED to backup and the way you do it has to fit your needs AND you must do it having a plan that protects your data and like in my case also the whole structure / software licences etc.

Back