• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Weird Windows issue (0xc0000005)

I had a weird windows problem unfortunately for a long time and did not know what it was. I tried replacing my SSD since it was a new drive etc. Similar to you every so often programs would crash, even get a BSOD. Reinstalling W10 was the only fix for a while until it started again. As simple and silly as it seemed when I did a RAM test one of the cards were bad. I never had bad RAM in my life so never thought to check.

This was only for W10 and one PC unlikely that will help you much but that was a nightmare as lots of corrupted data on multiple backups :(
I never made a RAM check before, maybe once when the issue occured first. But that would mean the RAM is bad on 5+ devices. So I think that is unlikely, but I am going to do one in the future weeks.

RAM being bad is so rare anyway but obviously that's impossible to be the cause if it's 5 devices unless they are shared resources of some type and if one corrupts data they all get it. God that's a nightmare you're dealing with :(

RAM being bad is so rare anyway but obviously that's impossible to be the cause if it's 5 devices unless they are shared resources of some type and if one corrupts data they all get it. God that's a nightmare you're dealing with :(
No, individual devices and no shared network stuff or anything synched. Everything that happens is done by me.

Obviously there are ways to narrow it down but that's going to take ages.

1. Try emulating in VMware, see if it happens there too.
2. Wipe one of your devices and start over. Install basic software, if you suspect any particular one hold off on installing.

You know what I mean it's basic trouble shooting. The problem is time. How long does it take for this problem to start? If it's 6 months...that is a lot of waiting.

Just a guess off top of my head sounds like a software problem. So something that you have on all 5 devices. If you try to narrow that down you may get to the bottom of it.

I hate when I am forced to deal with any problems like this, I feel for you :( I wish I had more advice.

Obviously there are ways to narrow it down but that's going to take ages.

1. Try emulating in VMware, see if it happens there too.
2. Wipe one of your devices and start over. Install basic software, if you suspect any particular one hold off on installing.

You know what I mean it's basic trouble shooting. The problem is time. How long does it take for this problem to start? If it's 6 months...that is a lot of waiting.

Just a guess off top of my head sounds like a software problem. So something that you have on all 5 devices. If you try to narrow that down you may get to the bottom of it.

I hate when I am forced to deal with any problems like this, I feel for you :( I wish I had more advice.
Did you read the two comments I made yesterday and today? I said that I always disable Windows Defender and that probably corrupted some files. Also I have a theory how AppInit comes into life, but I have to check.
I cannot say how long it took when it first appeared, maybe I didn't have the software that got affected installed from day one. And I haven't used the script since day one. But when I made tests on monday, it was immediately.

Did you read the two comments I made yesterday and today? I said that I always disable Windows Defender and that probably corrupted some files. Also I have a theory how AppInit comes into life, but I have to check.
I cannot say how long it took when it first appeared, maybe I didn't have the software that got affected installed from day one. And I haven't used the script since day one. But when I made tests on monday, it was immediately.
No missed that as it's a long discussions. Why do you disable Defender? That is my Anti Virus, works fine. Can be a pain to approve programs w/ false positives but it's easy enough.

I can't see how that does it? I used to have Win Defender disable when I was running third party AV. Never had any issues.

You're way more technically savory than me, I just know a little here and there so I would trust your gut on this one.

Can be a pain to approve programs w/ false positives
That's why. Ever since using W10, it starts complaining about normal .exe files stating they would infect other files which is not true at all. It even complains about a file from Nvidia Experience, and that is way more official than anything else I have, since it is a well-known hardware vendor.
So I just tried to get rid of Defender as I don't need it, starting 5 years of pain as I never thought about just excluding all drive letters.

It is much easier than what you do. Install Avira Antivirus and Defender will not show up anymore instead of fumbling with it. In Avira you can "Turn off real time protection" for 10 min, 1h, 8h or 24h. Then you go installing what you want w/o being bothered by Defender and quarantinig / removing files.

@DeepSpace

Sounds good man, still willing to help if you have any further issues that you get stumped on.

It is much easier than what you do. Install Avira Antivirus and Defender will not show up anymore instead of fumbling with it. In Avira you can "Turn off real time protection" for 10 min, 1h, 8h or 24h. Then you go installing what you want w/o being bothered by Defender and quarantinig / removing files.
That is true, I recently heard about it. Issue is that I don't need Avira either, at least on my own systems. And for some reason, I never thought that you can just exclude the entire drive C:, D: etc, I thought it is only possible to exclude some files. So I never bothered looking there and always tried to disable Defender entirely.

I should've thought of my disabling being the issue way earlier, as it once broke something on a laptop a bit. But I suppose it was too early for me to get it.

As for other systems, I actually left it running on three laptops I wiped since they don't belong to me or a family member and I don't know if they (the users) are safe enough to not run a virus. So it was enough for me to turn off real time protection and then I don't care what it does as soon as it leaves my hands.

No AV program, no mercy if anything happens. Same applies to backups.
That is true. But I consider myself good enough to not run any viruses. I once did that when I was younger and got tons of adware. Luckily enough, it was possible to remove everything. Not sure why I clicked on the file as it was obvious that some kb of size could never be the program I was looking for.

It of course would be different if I would be in a business environment. Emails with attachements, documents with macros etc. But I just watch some movies, browse YouTube, news sites and this forum. So I never felt unsecure without an AV program.

Yeah - and you don't use email and you don't visit suspicious sites... Get a life!

Yeah - and you don't use email and you don't visit suspicious sites... Get a life!
Sure I use email, but I don't get mails from unknown people and even less mails with attachements.
And I visited suspicious sites before, yes. I now know they are safe and have both an ad blocker extension and DNS. So some things don't even pop up and I know that there are often fake download buttons that redirect you to ad sites.

Well, I consider myself stong enough to press my brake pedal without break servo, so I could remove it to save weight ... see the resemblance?

Don't brake - always full speed ahead against the wall. No anti-lock brakes needed. :cool:

One more thing you should think about. Nobody in this thread approved any of your steps. You think they are all wrong and you are right?

Well, I consider myself stong enough to press my brake pedal without break servo, so I could remove it to save weight ... see the resemblance?
Yes, of course. I never said that not using AV software would not result in a security thread. I just decided not to deal with any after so many false positives and since everything running on my laptop in the background is too much (no, buying a new one makes no sense as I now only need it every few weeks or even months for two days and only for easy things, so it would be a waste of money. Also, it is still working perfectly, just slow).

And since I don't have many things on my C:, I can just wipe it if anything should happen and it isn't removeable with a normal uninstaller. And as I said, I don't deal with mail attachements from unknown people every day etc. So I am willing to take the unlikely risk instead of always having to think if Defender will block the new program I want to try or not, without beeing of any use at the same time.

You think they are all wrong and you are right?
No, I agree with both of you, and it's nice to see you are concerned about my security. But it appears none of you ever got annoyed by the false positives the way I did. And without knowing me or my experience about using PC, please don't try so hard to convince me otherwise. If you tell me you dislike what I do, I will never be against your opinion (just explain why I do so). But now it appears both of you try to tell me something I already now and always did. It is a decision I made for myself because of my experience with it and if something should happen, I am the one to blame. If it throws false positives at me and just deletes things without asking, I get rid of it. Especially when it is supposed to protect me, but then causes harm and trouble.

Also I never actually needed any AV software and when I did, it was my own fault when I clicked on the .exe file despite being sure that it is not a valid program.
So right now, it is easier for me to think twice before I open something than having to deal with the false positives. It caused more harm in 5 mins than it could've been of any use in the last 5 years (exactly never) (the adware virus was before that on W7).

I hope you can understand me now. If not, I am always willing to chat further.

You never got it and will get it.
Possible. Maybe at some point.

Unless you mean my stubborn decision not to listen to you and not to use AV, then yes, you are right. But as explained, I am the one that has to deal with a hacked PC if something should happen.

But if you mean something else, then no, I cannot see what you mean.
Maybe I get enlightened in the future as it often happens, when I need it I don't know it, but as soon as it is over, or years later, I learn something and can then understand it. So it is possible that I come back to this thread in some months or years and tell you that I now understand what you mean.

Back