• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VLC 3 Released

Hello,
does anyone managed to open an UHD menu ?
I have several rips (decrypted) from my bluray UHD discs and i cant get the menu to read with vlc.

Hello,
does anyone managed to open an UHD menu ?
I have several rips (decrypted) from my bluray UHD discs and i cant get the menu to read with vlc.

No.

Edit: I initially said yes. I read everything correctly but then answer with respect to standard Blu-ray for some reason. Response corrected.

Last edited:
Maybe i'm doing something wrong.
I go to Media, Open Disc, select Bluray, browse and select the bluray folder and then play.

Can you please explain me how you did ?

Sorry. I repeatedly had a brain fart. You said UHD, I read UHD, I understood UHD, and yet answered with respect to standard Blu-ray. No, I have not gotten UHD menus to work.

The method you stated works for standard Blu-ray but not for UHD as far as I've seen.

Sorry. I repeatedly had a brain fart. You said UHD, I read UHD, I understood UHD, and yet answered with respect to standard Blu-ray. No, I have not gotten UHD menus to work.

The method you stated works for standard Blu-ray but not for UHD as far as I've seen.
Ok, no problem, thanks anyway for your answer ;)

I don't believe libbluray supports uhd Java menus yet.

No surprise, really. I'm sure there are differences that are enough to cause issues. Heck, it took them this long just to support menus on Blu-ray! ;) Regardless, while I have no wish to use VLC for Blu-ray playback it is definitely nice to have another option and support for menus either basic or BD-J.

Yea, it'll be interesting to see how it develops from here on out.

I'll run tests on Friday to see if this matches madvr HDR passthru and will test GPU acceleration and atmos pass-thru. Get back to you guys on my results once I get back from iowa

Have you set the right region removal in AnyDVD, or set the correct player region in VLC?
I didn't think VLC has region support. And I also didn't think AnyDVD did for BluRay either.

dno, duncare, dontwanto :p

It's a good forum app :)
Well it looks like your posts no longer have it, so it looks like you did do it. :p

AnyDVD has be able to remove region coding on Blu-rays for forever. :)
Oh I didn't know that. Could the issue have to do with BD-Live? When I play the rip with PowerDVD, the disk loads and there's a BD-Live popup that says it's downloading a new commercial, and sure enough, every time I start playing the rip, a different preview loads.

I mount the UHD and play it with VLC3, it works fine.
UHDs work too? Sweet! I have not had a chance to play around with UHD just yet. I am hoping to do so real soon though.

Oh I didn't know that. Could the issue have to do with BD-Live? When I play the rip with PowerDVD, the disk loads and there's a BD-Live popup that says it's downloading a new commercial, and sure enough, every time I start playing the rip, a different preview loads.

Definitely sounds like BD-Live to me. I always disable BD-Live within the AnyDVD settings.

2018-02-24_152924.png

From the beginning BD-Live was garbage, IMHO. It was never used for anything useful. Just foisting more annoying garbage on the consumer. One "feature" for how it could be good was bonus material. Sounds great but what happens then the studio decides to no longer host it. It vanishes. Just give me bonus material on the disc to begin with. Then it's always there.

Well this is the first disk that I have come across that had BD-Live on it. I've known about it for a while now, but I never bothered to play with it. I was actually surprised to see that it worked on my rip. I thought that BD-Live only worked on encrypted disks, and was broken if you decrypted it.

I have a few more questions though:
  • Does enabling the "Disable BD-Live" option stop BD-Live from working as long as AnyDVD is running, or does the setting only do anything when a rip is made?
  • As far as you know, have there been any cases where a studio has stopped host BD-Live content?
  • Not related to the issue at hand, but I am curious: I tried to use PowerDVD's 2D-to-3D playback converter feature about a month ago, and it was telling me that my hardware does not support it. Would activating the "Simulate connected 3D display" option make it work?

Back