• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VLC 3 Released

<OFF-TOPIC>

Does enabling the "Disable BD-Live" option stop BD-Live from working as long as AnyDVD is running, or does the setting only do anything when a rip is made?

See Ch3vr0n's response. It's deactivated on-the-fly when playing directly from disc and in your back-ups forever if you make one when the setting enabled.

As far as you know, have there been any cases where a studio has stopped host BD-Live content?

I believe I had a movie that had some bonus stuff available via BD-Live and the content no longer exists. I have no recollection of what movie, unfortunately, and it was not recent.

I still believe that deep down one of BD-Live's goals was to make people less opposed to allowing a network connection and always-on access. Once they make people comfortable with it people don't get as uptight about it and studios can go on to using it for other reasons. UHD, for instance, can require a one-time online authentication for playback of a disc as per the AACS 2.0 specs if they so wish. I think they'll wait a bit before they begin doing it.

Not related to the issue at hand, but I am curious: I tried to use PowerDVD's 2D-to-3D playback converter feature about a month ago, and it was telling me that my hardware does not support it. Would activating the "Simulate connected 3D display" option make it work?

I have no idea.

</OFF-TOPIC>

Last edited:
If you enable that setting while you rip, the resulting rip will have bd-live deactivated permanently. It will not bother you again.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk
Okay, thank you. What happens if I enable it after making a rip?

See Ch3vr0n's response. It's deactivated on-the-fly when playing directly from disc and in your back-ups forever if you make one when the setting enabled.
Oops. I didn't see this before.

I believe I had a movie that had some bonus stuff available via BD-Live and the content no longer exists. I have no recollection of what movie, unfortunately, and it was not recent.

I still believe that deep down one of BD-Live's goals was to make people less opposed to allowing a network connection and always-on access. Once they make people comfortable with it people don't get as uptight about it and studios can go on to using it for other reasons. UHD, for instance, can require a one-time online authentication for playback of a disc as per the AACS 2.0 specs if they so wish. I think they'll wait a bit before they begin doing it.
Hmm, interesting.

I have no idea.
Perhaps @Ch3vr0n would know?

Last edited:
The simulate setting simulates a 3d screen while there's no real 3d screen attached and attempts to allow 3d disc to be played that way in 2d. This works for some titles. However certain discs have code on the disc that actively checks for and enforces 3d equipment requirement. For such titles that setting doesn't work and 2d playback won't work.

That's all that setting does

The simulate setting simulates a 3d screen while there's no real 3d screen attached and attempts to allow 3d disc to be played that way in 2d. This works for some titles. However certain discs have code on the disc that actively checks for and enforces 3d equipment requirement. For such titles that setting doesn't work and 2d playback won't work.

That's all that setting does

Aww, alright. Now I have no idea what I could do to try the 2D-to-3D converter that PowerDVD has. I don't really want to use it for a lot of stuff, but I would like to play around with it a little bit just to see how it works.

Unless I am missing something tried hdr of 4k uhd rip and it did not work. Madvr works fine. AMD rx470 card.

Hi, I have Anydvd HD but have only been using it for DVD's. If I get a Blue Ray Drive and install VLC 3.01 will VLC play blue ray disks on my windows 10 Pro system if I have Anydvd running without doing anything else? I see in some forums that you have to add a key database and dynamic library to VLC to get it to play blue rays but was wondering if you are running Anydvd HD you don't have to add keys to VLC player? Thank you.

No, as it full menu support (without additional java installation). You say it yourself, you have to add a key, dll to get it to play. AnyDVD purely decrypts, it has ZERO impact on a third party tools ability to play or not play blu-rays one way or another. That's the sole responsibility of that third party tool's developer. It's an excellent simple video file player, but beyond that it's a bit out of it's league compared to actual licensed players such as PowerDVD (and this for both DVD and Blu-ray)

To lions123:

You can also get the full version of PowerDVD 17 Ultra right now for $44.95 US, which is at least half off the suggested retail price.

I know that PowerDVD 18 will come out next month, but at least this latest version of PowerDVD will help you out with current DVDs and Blu-rays (and with AnyDVD running in the background, you'll never have to worry about Cinavia.)

Hi, I have Anydvd HD but have only been using it for DVD's. If I get a Blue Ray Drive and install VLC 3.01 will VLC play blue ray disks on my windows 10 Pro system if I have Anydvd running without doing anything else?
You need to install Java for Java menus, but yes.

I see in some forums that you have to add a key database and dynamic library to VLC to get it to play blue rays but was wondering if you are running Anydvd HD you don't have to add keys to VLC player? Thank you.
With AnyDVD you don't need this, correct.

No, as it full menu support (without additional java installation). You say it yourself, you have to add a key, dll to get it to play. AnyDVD purely decrypts, it has ZERO impact on a third party tools ability to play or not play blu-rays one way or another. That's the sole responsibility of that third party tool's developer.
AnyDVD's real time decryption and many other functions are actually designed for PLAYBACK. The whole real time stuff wouldn't be needed, if you just want to "rip stuff".

True, but that doesn't negate the fact that VLC itself isn't a very good player.

VLC has its place. It is a very good player, but even with the improvements that VLC 3 has for Blu-ray, it's still not as good as PowerDVD for that. VLC has other cool features that PowerDVD doesn't have though.

Back