• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.1.0 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupVirtualCloneDrive5410.exe

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.1.0: 2008 10 13
- New: Added emulation of BD, BDR and BDRE media
- New: Maximum number of units increased to 15
- New: Improved history of last mounted image files
- New: Added option to clear history of last mounted image files
- Some minor changes and improvements

Last edited:
New: Added emulation of BD, BDR and BDRE media

Can it only be done by mounting .dvd file containing media type description? You said eartlier, it's just a text file. If so, can you please post an example .dvd file? Thanks.

CloneCD has been creating them for years. Same concept. I'll be creating one shortly. :)

I figured it out already: :)

MediaType=[DVD|BD|BDR|BDRE|...]
[File Name].iso

Can it only be done by mounting .dvd file containing media type description? You said eartlier, it's just a text file. If so, can you please post an example .dvd file? Thanks.

Let's assume you have an iso called DarkCity.iso

You create a text file, and call it whatever.dvd, e.g. DarkCity.dvd

The file can contain multiple image names which will be virtually merged (hint for all you PS3 -> FAT32 drive rippers). In this example you only have one file:

---- snip -----
DarkCity.iso
MediaType=BDR
---- snip -----

To merge multiple 4GB chunks, do this:

---- snip -----
DarkCity.000
DarkCity.001
DarkCity.002
DarkCity.003
DarkCity.004
DarkCity.005
MediaType=BDR
---- snip -----

EDIT:
The path of the image file(s) can be a full path, or relative to the location of the .dvd file
The position of the key word(s) doesn't matter. All lines not recognized as a key word are assumed to be an image file name.
Multiple images are merged from top to bottom.

Hope this helps!
And yes, specifying MediaType=BDR or BDRE enables WinDVD to use VCD images. :)

Last edited:
That's freaking awesome. Might have to update my MakeISO batch file to spit out a DVD script when making movie only copies. :D Or better yet create a util that you pass it an ISO and it spits out a DVD file for it. That could be useful.

For those that want to create DVD files for existing ISO's:

Code:
@echo off
set DEST=C:\Movies

echo MediaType=BDR>>"%DEST%\%1.dvd"
echo %1.ISO>>"%DEST%\%1.dvd"

Usage: The name of the ISO E.G. makeDVD GOLDEN_COMPASS

Don't add the .ISO when calling the script. Just the name.

Having performance problems with BD ISOs mounted using VCD stored across the network on my NAS.

I found that VCD \performance suffered when I play a Blu-ray ISO mounted off of my NAS with PDVD. Every once in a short while it hiccups. You can see the blip on the Task Manager network monitor. This is very odd as the max network utilization is only 2.5-3%. But every once and a while it blips, as if VCD wasnt buffering the image correctly over the network.

I switched to the latest DT (because of the VCD problem) and the ISOs play perfectly smoothly. In the Task Manager you can see the network use pegged practically to a straight line (2.5% of network).

Only problem with DT is I can't launch a .ISO, only .MDS --> which present me with a real problem using MyMovies in Vista MCE.

Is there some way for you to investigate/fix the network performance...?

Yes, I did. I tried both the 5406 and the beta 5407 with buffered I/O on.

They both have the same problem -- the network stutters. The network utilization is only around 3%. You can see on the network monitor where it stutters.

This doesn't happen at all with Daemon Tools. It happily streams at 3% network utilization with no blips.

I found that by adjusting the networkthrottleindex (I'm running Vista Ultimate x64) down to 10 I can get VCD to stop skipping (I had it at 20).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948066

Clearly this is a VCD problem, as DT had no problem streaming. My thought - VCD must not setting its process or network priority correctly or it doesnt buffer enough.

[UPDATE - adjusting the throttle down doesnt actually appear to help much]

Last edited:
I just switched from PDVD8 to WINDVD9 because of lip sync problems. WINDVD9 works ok but will not work with virtual clonedrive 5.4.0.7. When I try to start the movie it just comes up saying "STOPPED". I backed up these BR disks to my server using imgburn. They worked ok with PDVD8 except for the lip sync issues I stated before. HDDVD iso's work ok with WINDVD. I also noticed that when I look at the info in anydvd it says that the disk mounted is a DVD not a bluray. I am running Vista 64. I guess I just cannot have my cake and eat it too!:bang:

So create .DVD files for your images that were created with ImgBurn. It's not that hard. Set the mediaType to BDR.

Could you pleaes read the thread you're posting in? :) I wrote a batch file to do this already and posted it in this very thread!

I saw that but I dont quite understand it. It looks like it simply renames the .iso file to .dvd

Uhhh, no. It most definitely does not. It creates a .dvd file that contains the information VCD needs to mount it as a BDR.

Back