• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.1.0 beta

If you're running Vista, you need to reboot after updating Vcd. I had the same issue where the VCD control panel applet would just hang when you clicked OK. Then I rebooted and it behaves just fine now...weird, but the first obvious thing to try.

works now for some reason.....rebooting was one of the first things i tried too....must have been a ghost in the machine....

Can you please make images mounted via double click in Windows Explorer to appear in the "Recent Images" list available in virtual drive's right click menu. Now only images mounted using "Mount..." menu item appear there. Is it a bug or feature, BTW? Thanks.

Having performance problems with BD ISOs mounted using VCD stored across the network on my NAS.

I found that VCD \performance suffered when I play a Blu-ray ISO mounted off of my NAS with PDVD. Every once in a short while it hiccups. You can see the blip on the Task Manager network monitor.

After finall getting my system working I was running Transformers Blu-Ray as a test. At first the Dreamworks intro stuttered before the menu loaded then during the movie there were brief stutters. PDVD8 recovers with no lipsync problems.

Movie Rip: Anydvdhd latest version protection on
virtual clone drive beta
Gigabit network backbone everything hard wired.
nothing else running on the movie server.
Vista 64
AMD X2 5600+
4gb mem

Update

I installed anydvdhd and virtual clone drive on a XP pro laptop. I did not see any stuttering at all for transformers or 300 blu-ray. Running PDVD8

My Observations with Encrypt and Non-Encrypt ISO Files

It looks like TMT wins out in my tests. Let me know if you think something is wrong with my setup. I did not get any stutter on any test. It either played or did not play. It looks like TMT is the only one that can play non-encrypted ISO's native.

Why would both these players not play encrypted ISO's with AnyDVD-HD turned off. I thought the encrypted ISO's appeared the same as the original disc and the software players would provide the keys???

Test Observations of CloneDrive 5.4.0.8 beta:

TMT
1) BD, AnyDVD-HD off, .dvd (iso no encrypt), "playback ok"
2) BD, AnyDVD-HD off, .dvd (iso encrypt), "error: this disc cannot be played"
3) BD, AnyDVD-HD on, .dvd (iso encrypt), "playback ok"

WinDVD 9 Plus
1) BD, AnyDVD-HD on, .dvd (iso encrypt), "playback ok"
2) BD, AnyDVD-HD off & on, .dvd (iso no encrypt), "error: displayed STOP on screen"
3) BD, AnyDVD-HD off, .dvd (iso encrypt), "error: WinDVD MFC application has stopped working"

Theres a lot more going on with a real disc in a real drive than what is emulated by VCD with an iso mounted. If someone could make a virtual blu-ray drive software that was, to the player software, identical to a real drive then anydvd probably wouldn't be needed anymore since the iso would emulate the real disc exactly, aacs authentication and all.

It's not possible. You are mistaken that you can play an encrypted ISO without AnyDVD enabled. Why is it so hard for people to understand this concept? The disc is *PROTECTED AGAINST COPYING*. If all that was required was to make an image of it and mount it, um, that'd be a pretty crappy protection don't you think? AnyDVD contains the keys to decrypt the mounted ISO internally. That's the ONLY way it works.

Can you please make images mounted via double click in Windows Explorer to appear in the "Recent Images" list available in virtual drive's right click menu. Now only images mounted using "Mount..." menu item appear there. Is it a bug or feature, BTW? Thanks.

VCD 5.4.1.0 should do it. ;)

****Nevermind I edited the .dvd file to BDR it works great now****

WinDVD 9 Plus will not play a non-encrypted BD ISO. AnyDVD-HD reports the non-encrypted ISO as being DVD media while it reports a encrypted BD ISO as being Blu-ray media. Why would AnyDVD-HD read the encrypted and non-encrypted differently? Do I need to manually make a .dvd file for the non-encrypted ISO?

Thanks

Beta: 5.4.1.0

WinDVD 9 Plus
BD Media, AnyDVD-HD off & on, .dvd (iso no encrypt), "error: displayed STOP on screen"
> AnyDVD-HD: "Media is a DVD."
> AnyDVD-HD: "Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (parallel)"

Last edited:
Back