• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.1.0 beta

James;
Using 5.4.0.8 with TMT
TMT crashes when an HD DVD iso is mounted. Anydvd says it is Blu-Ray disk. Tries to play and then crashes out of TMT.

Blu-ray seems to work OK.

Roger
Not good. Can you please create a .DVD file for the .iso and add MediaType=DVD?

I ran the BD advisor tool from cyberlink and it shows VCD as a blu-ray drive. I didn't have an iso mounted.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 9
James;
Made a .dvd and mounted. Does not crash but does not play. Trys to play but just flashes to black and then returns to TMT main screen.

Summary for drive H: (AnyDVD 6.4.6.6)
ELBY CLONEDRIVE 1.4
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (parallel)

Total size: 12829008 sectors (25056 MBytes)
Video HD DVD label: THE_KINGDOM_NA
Media is not AACS protected.

Is there a way to get this working with TMT. It would be nice if this was the only player I had to use! TMT does play the original HDDVD disks ok but does not play the rips to iso for these same titles. I have tried both VCD and DT, but nothing I have tried lets it play HDDVD mounted iso. I am using the latest version of TMT v121 and Vista 64. I showed the Anydvd info for the elby drive above and here is the info for a physical HDDVD:

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.4.6.6)
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L 1.02 40122707147BLI3457
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a HD DVD.
Booktype: hd-dvd (version 3), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 6706112 sectors (13097 MBytes)
Total size: 13006688 sectors (25403 MBytes)
Video HD DVD label: BATMAN_BEGINS_HDDVD
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!

Testing with TMT V125 (just came out)

1) All Combo's of Blu-Ray works fine: Disk / ISO / With (and without) AnyDVD HD running

2) HD-DVD Disks work fine - With (and without) AnyDVD HD running

3) HD-DVD ISO's will not play - With (and without) AnyDVD HD running. I've only got a couple in ISO format and they were created with AnyDVD HD running & they have had AACS removed. They mount fine, if Any DVD HD is running it displays the usual stuff but TMT does little (it looks like it tries to open it for 0.5 sec but nothing happens - no error message...just nothing).

Let me know what logs etc you may want.

Thanks
Nathan

So even with a new version TMT is not working with HDDVD iso's.
I have not yet seen this version of TMT and my version says it is the latest when asked to do update check.

It works for me with 120

I tested VCD 5.4.08 and TMT .120 with an hd dvd iso I made in DVD MovieFactory 6 pro. It worked for me. here's a screen cap of a combined screen cap from TMT .120 under a screen cap of the TMT window with the info box.

Attachments

• hddvdcap.jpg
    hddvdcap.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 6
James, can you talk to the swiss boys and have them make a change? I recommend if UDF 2.5 is detected, do BDR, and if UDF 2.6 is detected, do HDDVDR or whatever. Whatever makes HDDVD work.

TMT getting confused maybe

I have a theory. James wrote in first post "Change from 5.4.0.7 beta: ISO Images > 8.5GB are always considered BDR media."

Could it be that TMT is crashing or refusing to play because it is seeing a Bluray drive/disc with an HD-dvd structure so it gets confused and quits. Even the advisor tool that comes with Total Media Extreme thinks VCD is a blu-ray drive even with an HD dvd iso mounted. I made a 1.3 gig iso so its probably too small for VCD to force it as blu-ray.

Attachments

• ArcsoftBDHDVDGuide.jpg
    ArcsoftBDHDVDGuide.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 4
Yes, that's exactly what's wrong, hence my request for a change.

Couldn't VCD emulate the method say the LG Combo drives advertise what their media support is?
Thanks
nathan

Don't worry about that part. The tricky issue is figuring out how to determine what media type to emulate. I was giving another possible solution to that issue.

James, can you talk to the swiss boys and have them make a change? I recommend if UDF 2.5 is detected, do BDR, and if UDF 2.6 is detected, do HDDVDR or whatever. Whatever makes HDDVD work.

That's what the "MediaType" keyword in the .DVD file is for. VCD cannot "detect" UDF, it doesn't have an UDF parser.

I have a theory. James wrote in first post "Change from 5.4.0.7 beta: ISO Images > 8.5GB are always considered BDR media."

Could it be that TMT is crashing or refusing to play because it is seeing a Bluray drive/disc with an HD-dvd structure so it gets confused and quits. Even the advisor tool that comes with Total Media Extreme thinks VCD is a blu-ray drive even with an HD dvd iso mounted. I made a 1.3 gig iso so its probably too small for VCD to force it as blu-ray.

According to this post http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=130630&postcount=43 it's not a media type issue.

cannot disable set number of drives

hi.....first ever problem with a slysoft product or elby product (3 years)....i have installed vitrual clone drives 5407 and 5408beta....on to my brand new sony vista 32bt vaio....install goes ok...problem is that i am unable to secure the default number of drives (1) to disabled....program just hangs...on either version

i have virtual clone drive installed on 3 xp laptops with no problems...

the only thing that i can think of as to why virtual clone drive is giving my problems on this laptop is because of the dvd/cd rom drive installed on this machine...that drive is:

(sony) optiarc bd rom bc-5500a usb device

btw have not tried to mount any images yet.....for the time being i would like to disable virtual clone drive when not in use....will worry about that bridge when i have to cross it....

many thanks to any and all that reply to my problem...

*****edited*****below

installed daemon tools lite version 4124 lite.....works in enabling and disabling virtual drive (s) cannot install newest daemon tools lite (4301) because of not supported error dialogue box....

Last edited:
Is there a way in the .dvd file to specify the rest of the settings so that we could have it reported exactly like the disk shown below?

Media is a HD DVD.
Media is AACS protected!

In particular the MEDIA and Booktype.

Is there a way in the .dvd file to specify the rest of the settings so that we could have it reported exactly like the disk shown below?

Media is a HD DVD.
Media is AACS protected!

In particular the MEDIA and Booktype.
Not yet.

hi.....first ever problem with a slysoft product or elby product (3 years)....i have installed vitrual clone drives 5407 and 5408beta....on to my brand new sony vista 32bt vaio....install goes ok...problem is that i am unable to secure the default number of drives (1) to disabled....program just hangs...on either version

i have virtual clone drive installed on 3 xp laptops with no problems...

the only thing that i can think of as to why virtual clone drive is giving my problems on this laptop is because of the dvd/cd rom drive installed on this machine...that drive is:

(sony) optiarc bd rom bc-5500a usb device

btw have not tried to mount any images yet.....for the time being i would like to disable virtual clone drive when not in use....will worry about that bridge when i have to cross it....

many thanks to any and all that reply to my problem...

*****edited*****below

installed daemon tools lite version 4124 lite.....works in enabling and disabling virtual drive (s) cannot install newest daemon tools lite (4301) because of not supported error dialogue box....

If you're running Vista, you need to reboot after updating Vcd. I had the same issue where the VCD control panel applet would just hang when you clicked OK. Then I rebooted and it behaves just fine now...weird, but the first obvious thing to try.

Back