• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Useless

No offense to anyone here but when a person has a problem(s) and expresses their disastifaction with a program all the praise for the program from others and or criticisim doenst help solve the problem, it only prolongs the process of trying to help they guy with his problem(s) and doesnt produce anything productive.

Groovey

Thanks James, I had no idea how that worked. Another thread suggested this and a Slysoft team member was going to check. Thanks for clearing that up.

Before I have to read any more holier than thou posts, please...If you have something constructive to add, by all means do it.
We did. Valid criticism per se does not ispso facto imply "hoilier than thou"(sic). That's either a comprehension or psychological insecurity issue you have to deal with if you choose to misinterpret any criticism it as such.

The original poster wrote a denigatory diatribe about AnyDVD which defied credibility be any measure of logic and requested "comments". He got them. More credibility in the replies than in his accusations. Although that was abundantly clear, apparently he wasn't aware of that and needed to be told to have any hope of effecting a workable solution.

Don't have to like the facts, but how one feels that doesn't alter them regardless of the deception of preferred perception. :doh:

I would really prefer if everyone would just help the OP fix his or her problem and not discuss the perceived faults of others, please. Thank you.

Last edited:
Anydvd Usless???? You Got To Be Joking!

:disagree: :D I have yet to have a problem making a copy of ANY movie using AnyDVD! AnyDVD is NOT a ripper, it's a Dycrypter! Using this with nearly any other ripper software will produce PERFECT results every time! I have used it with DVD Shrink, 1Click DVD Copy 5, CLONE DVD, and even Nero Recode, and it makes a PERFECT copy. The only problem I ever had was trying to make NERO push the burn speed of the DVD blank when making a copy of the whole DVD movie, but movies that I'm just making a copy of the Main Movie, I've never had a coaster made! I suggest you save your programs to a DVD, and re-format your HD, because you obviously have something wrong with your computers OS, you may have a Nasty ROOT Kit imbedded that won't allow you to make copys. ANYDVD ROCKS! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!:bowdown:

Correct.... AnyDVD pretty much gets them all - regardless of the ripping/burning software you choose to use.

There is currently an issue with AnyDVD with SAW3 using SOME of the rippers out there. I'm sure it will be resolved soon.

-W

Guys, my initial post was indeed meant somewhat to be a bait to see how much you defend your favorite product. The verve with which you've done that is indicative to the cause of the problem being somewhere at my side. Most probably it has been the DVD disk, but that I will see when I get the new one. It's still odd why this has happened with 5 or 6 other disks before, though.
Anyway, I'll let you know once I get the new disk.

BTW, no harm from the "between screen and chair". I enjoy a healthy bit of sarcasm (which may be due to my love of British comedy).8)

Guys, my initial post was indeed meant somewhat to be a bait to see how much you defend your favorite product. The verve with which you've done that is indicative to the cause of the problem being somewhere at my side. Most probably it has been the DVD disk, but that I will see when I get the new one. It's still odd why this has happened with 5 or 6 other disks before, though.
Anyway, I'll let you know once I get the new disk.

BTW, no harm from the "between screen and chair". I enjoy a healthy bit of sarcasm (which may be due to my love of British comedy).8)

I encourage you (this is regardless of any problem that you may have experienced) to consider the great terms, support, free improvements in the software and sensible serial number software licensing policy of Slysoft and Elaborate Bytes as opposed to intrusive, distrusting and idiot "copyright protection" of many other companies in this area.

Then, consider also that I'm a customer of these guys from day one and I have experience ZERO problems with theyr products.

Finally, consider the fact that there are many more like me out there (and here).

THEN, you still have their support and this Forum.

Is anything at all still wrong after all this?...

You tell me.

I will be busy in the next room, using my favorite ripping/backup pair: AnyDVD + Clone DVD2 (or CloneDVD Mobile).

I wonder if you have considered the media you are using. Any DVD works flawlessly on both my new computer and my ancient one. When there is a problem it is related to cheap media. I would suggest you try with Verbatim, the best media available on the market today.
I must say that I find AnyDVD completely useless. There was only 1 DVD that I could copy with AnyDVD, which Shrink DVD had problems with. This was the reason I bought AnyDVD. But since then, there was NOTa single DVD that AnyDVD could handle which also Shrink DVD wasn't able to.
Usually a read error is reported at approx. 30%, and when clicking Yes to ignore read errors, it's always the end of the story: the transfer rate drops to 0.0 and that's it. However, the original DVDs play perfectly fine in both the PC and a standalone player. And AnyDVD reports no problems whatsoever, when browsing the DVD at the beginning.
So I'd find these frequent updates nice, if they were of any help, but they proved to be just annoying to me.
Any comment?
:mad:

Read Error Clarification

Upon reading this fine thread, I decided to join.

It still isn't crystal clear how to handle read errors, which I've detected on a DVD using CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD. Locating a pristine source copy would be desirable, but not always possible.

- If and where is the setting to ignore/retry CRC errors.

- If non-existent, what is the recommended copy software. For a test, I'm currently burning with Nero.

- Are there any ramifications, other than glitch in viewing, for ignoring a multitude of sectors - such as index pointers pointing to those sectors which are now in the bit bucket.

Any help would be appreciated.

naenyc

- Are there any ramifications, other than glitch in viewing, for ignoring a multitude of sectors - such as index pointers pointing to those sectors which are now in the bit bucket.

Well, if you're brute force ripping past a flaw on the disc (scratches, defects, etc.) you can wear out your optical reader faster.

Clonedvd2 since version 2.8.8.1 has "New: Automatic read retries (20 times), allows copying of scratched discs", which I believe it does automatically.

Decrypter and other rippers can allow for brute force ripping past scratches, but it's still possible to run accross crc errors, and while I could be wrong, I don't believe, at that point, there's much you can do.

Frankly, the best solution is to exchange for another copy.

Thanks, seems like attempting to use a disk that registers read errors, after the 20 or so retries, is unwise. At least I know I'm not missing anything.

naenyc

I am using AnyDvd 6114 and CloneDvd2 have been since it first came out I would not trade it in for anything else,I wish I could say I never had any problems, but most of them were fixed by the SlySoft team,I like to get the whole dvd copied but there are times, but not many when I can't,so I copy THE MOVIE ONLY without a problem thanks to SlySoft, and I am very satisfied
although most people have been able to copy the full Saw-3 movie I tried again with AD6114 still could not,but like I said I have the movie only and thats all I really wanted in the first place. Open Season is another one I could only get the movie,but I am as happy as a pig in s--t
thank you SlySoft for the best software in the world

I wonder if you have considered the media you are using. Any DVD works flawlessly on both my new computer and my ancient one. When there is a problem it is related to cheap media. I would suggest you try with Verbatim, the best media available on the market today.

I admit this thread is long, but if you had read my initial post you would have known that I haven't got to the writing step yet. This issue is about READING an ORIGINAL movie DVD.

Re-useless

I am surprised at what has happened! I first used Dvd43free and usually got errors ,particularly on Disney, till I switched to AnyDVD. This was truly a blessed investment for me! I have copied all movies successfully since and not one time encountered an error! Absolutely no complaints here! :)

Today I got a new original copy of the culprit DVD, and guess what: the same problem, CRC errors!
Here are the facts:
1) The DVD has visible, slight scratches, but could go for “normal wear and tear”.
2) The DVD plays without any problems in a stand-alone DVD player.
3) PowerDVD on my Desktop stops responding at some point near the beginning when trying to view the DVD.
4) Using both DVD Shrink and CloneDVD2 together with AnyDVD 6.1.1.4 is not possible due to CRC errors reported on my desktop.
5) CRC Inspector reports read problems with this DVD.
6) Using DVD Shrink (without AnyDVD) on my laptop (different DVD drive) also fails due to CRC errors.
7) CRC Inspector on my laptop also reports read errors.

To summarize: The DVD can be played perfectly fine on a regular stand-alone DVD player but can neither be viewed nor copied on a PC.
Isn’t this the perfect copy protection?

Today I got a new original copy of the culprit DVD, and guess what: the same problem, CRC errors!
Here are the facts:
1) The DVD has visible, slight scratches, but could go for “normal wear and tear”.
2) The DVD plays without any problems in a stand-alone DVD player.
3) PowerDVD on my Desktop stops responding at some point near the beginning when trying to view the DVD.
4) Using both DVD Shrink and CloneDVD2 together with AnyDVD 6.1.1.4 is not possible due to CRC errors reported on my desktop.
5) CRC Inspector reports read problems with this DVD.
6) Using DVD Shrink (without AnyDVD) on my laptop (different DVD drive) also fails due to CRC errors.
7) CRC Inspector on my laptop also reports read errors.

To summarize: The DVD can be played perfectly fine on a regular stand-alone DVD player but can neither be viewed nor copied on a PC.
Isn’t this the perfect copy protection?

Sounds to me like the optical drive on your PC is too picky. Even copy-protected DVD's will play on a PC - without AnyDVD at all.

-W

flexibilis,

Stand_alone DVD players are more forgiving than decryption software. Weird that Powerdvd did not play it however.

I guess another trip to the store is forthcoming.

Back