• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Useless

I am totally amazed that you condemn AnyDVD as "completely useless" when the real problem is obviously the way you are using the application.

When the the vast majority have no problems with the application, only goes to prove that you or your computer is the problem.:doh:

I only hope that you'll never be called for jury service, because this is not at all sufficient prove that AnyDVD is NOT the problem. :disagree:

More substantial evidence would be to test the case with a different original copy of the same DVD title. That's exactly what I'm going to do this week, and then let's see.

wait and see

Terrabyte, bilbo65, James, et al ... flexibilis has a plan of action (to obtain and test another disc like the one he has) and maybe run VSO Inspector ... so let's leave him alone to do that, okay? He'll get back to us no matter what so let's standby (unless someone comes up with another real whiz-bang suggestion of what to look for), eh? :agree:

P.S. AnyDVD 6.1.1.4 is out. It has a long list of "stuff" so maybe they've found and fixed something related to this. I don't know if flexibilis has tried it yet but let's assume he's smart enough to try it before we all ask him, ok?

Last edited:
Some drives definately read better than others. I use a dvd rom drive to read, and then use my burner. There have been two or three occaisions, that my rom drive got nothing but read errors, no matter what I did. I finally thought I'd try letting my burner read, as well as burn. That took care of the problem everytime. If you're using a rom drive to read, try letting your burner read also. If your burner is already reading and burning, then I'd try to check for possible firmware update, or get a new burner. Burners are pretty cheap these days..................
Good luck!

I've never had any problems. I even tried the so called dreaded Sony dvds with no problem. Your issues must lie somewhere else...not with this software, in my opinion.

Terrabyte, bilbo65, James, et al ... flexibilis has a plan of action (to obtain and test another disc like the one he has) and maybe run VSO Inspector ... so let's leave him alone to do that, okay? He'll get back to us no matter what so let's standby (unless someone comes up with another real whiz-bang suggestion of what to look for), eh? :agree:

P.S. AnyDVD 6.1.1.4 is out. It has a long list of "stuff" so maybe they've found and fixed something related to this. I don't know if flexibilis has tried it yet but let's assume he's smart enough to try it before we all ask him, ok?

I've returned the culprit DVD today and have ordered a new original copy. I won't upgrade to AnyDVD 6.1.1.4 before I tested the new DVD with the current version to avoid mixing up the test conditions.:)

I've returned the culprit DVD today and have ordered a new original copy. I won't upgrade to AnyDVD 6.1.1.4 before I tested the new DVD with the current version to avoid mixing up the test conditions.:)

6.1.1.3 contains a known bug that has caused problems; using it is illogical at best.

6.1.1.3 contains a known bug that has caused problems; using it is illogical at best.

Changing the DVD and the SW release at the same time wouldn't prove where the problem was if the new DVD is read fine. I'll first change the DVD "parameter", then the software "parameter". I want to get to the bottom of this to know whether my previous problems were really caused by faults on the original DVD.

Changing the DVD and the SW release at the same time wouldn't prove where the problem was if the new DVD is read fine. I'll first change the DVD "parameter", then the software "parameter". I want to get to the bottom of this to know whether my previous problems were really caused by faults on the original DVD.

What if your problem is unique and was created by a combination of a faulty disc and a bug in 6.1.1.3?

/shrug

Whatever makes you happy . . .

Last edited:
What if your problem is unique and was created by a combination of a faulty disc and a bug in 6.1.1.3?

/shrug

Whatever makes you happy . . .

Thats a possiblity, but also when trying to figure out the exact cause of a problem its best to try changing one thing at a time, if you go changing mulitple things at one time and it works then its a guessing game on which change helped and what was the cause of the problem.

Thats a possiblity, but also when trying to figure out the exact cause of a problem its best to try changing one thing at a time

I agree. For what it's worth, I happen to suspect, in your case, the problem is the original disc. Hopefully, a new one will correct the issue.

Any comment?:mad:
The manner in which you have explained your allegations defies them credibility with those of us (A) who understand AnyDVD's purpose and (B) how to use the app to that end. Try again? :clap:

If It Did Not Work For You

Wait...Wouldn't you be upset. If you were having problems. Before I have to read any more holier than thou posts, please...If you have something constructive to add, by all means do it.

If you are just going to toot your own horn and gloat about how it worked for you and this user is a bone head "problem between seat and keyboard"...well that does not help solve this persons issue, nor does it make them very comfortable at a forum.

Additionally. Everyone's system is a little different. What works for you may not work for everyone. I am not a mod here but I will leave this forum if all it is going to be about is superior attitudes. This should be a place for helping attitudes.

To those who did help, sorry this was not meant for you. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I completely agree with what you say 100% princess, however the addition of "Any Comment?" led me to believe that the bait has been set and a bite (fight) is what was intended. Good to see that after the initial snap judgement that flexibilis is trying to resolve his issue through his own routes and with the help of some posters.

I am not a mod here but I will leave this forum if all it is going to be about is superior attitudes. This should be a place for helping attitudes.

Now, now. There's no reason to be leaving. We're all here to help each other with Slysoft products, right? :clap: :)

Yes please stick around...it's nice to have pretty ladies that know their stuff around the forums.

If you are just going to toot your own horn and gloat about how it worked for you and this user is a bone head "problem between seat and keyboard"...well that does not help solve this persons issue, nor does it make them very comfortable at a forum.
You are right, expressions like "problem between seat and keyboard" are rude.

Mmmmmmmmmm

You have a point locoeng, I just interpreted it as a cry for help. Perhaps something to get the slysoft team interested in making their software NOT useless. But now that you mention it it does sound a little baiting.

I debated the title to 'AnyDVD hates me...' for awhile. It was difficult trying to decide what would gain help and express displeasure without putting people on the defense. It is kinda hard here among the converted, and I almost did not join in after reading the responses to the original poster here.

As you said I do believe this person is trying to work out their issues and that is good, I just couldn't stand the berating any more.

OH Yes, Ver 6.1.1.4 was using the 6.1.1.3 driver until a little while ago I think, so it may be prudent for flexibillis to dl and install again after that has been fixed. I am sure we'll see postings.

It will take more than a few boneheads to make me leave! :p But if there are enough of them I will be out speaking my mind and avoiding the forum. Nice to see all the kind replies.

Last edited:
OH Yes, Ver 6.1.1.4 was using the 6.1.1.3 driver until a little while ago I think, so it may be prudent for flexibillis to dl and install again after that has been fixed. I am sure we'll see postings.
This is intentional. Version 6.1.1.4 does ship with driver 6.1.1.3, as there were no changes needed (the bug which was fixed was in the AnyDVD.exe application).

Back