• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Use 6.5.5.7 beta] underbelly tale of two citys

We ok the series is a Region 4 Called "Underbelly" A tale of 2 cities any dvd seems to check disc ok and begins to play through media player on Vista. You exit that and enter Clone DVD 2 The message shown ius as follows UNABLE TO READ VIDEO FILES
E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_08_0.IFO: unable to open file
The system cannot find the file specified
please be sure that all required fields are available and try again
End of pop up windows message .
Is that clear enough ?

Log files would be useful but now that I know the name of the discs that helps. More specifically, please post log files created using AnyDVD 6.5.5.5.

This problem is an AnyDVD problem rather than CloneDVD, in my opinion. I am going to move this thread to the AnyDVD forum. I would recommend you check out this (http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=30720) thread.

How to create logs:

1. Ensure Anydvd is running.
  2. Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
  3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  4. Select "Create Logfile"
  5. Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
  6. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
  7. Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar)
  8. When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
  9. If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  10. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
  11. Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
  12. click "upload"
  13. Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

Last edited:
1 log file

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.5.5_Info_E_Underbelly_Series2_D1.zip
    898.8 KB · Views: 8
I've merged another thread into this one concerning a person who is also experiencing issues with this series.

Well I got it to work for disc 1.....eventually. Sort of....

First I tried ticking read in CloneDVD.
When I went to copy, it took a while to try and repair the DVD structure, but wouldn't copy.

So then I went back and selected only the first 4 titles. Unchecked the other 90 odd duplicates. Tried to copy, but this failed too.

Then I went back and unchecked preserve menus. Made sure I told it to play title 1 (fourth on the list) first. And this worked.

So I got a watchable DVD in the correct order, just havent got any menu.

Does this help anyone?

Well I got it to work for disc 1.....eventually. Sort of....

First I tried ticking read in CloneDVD.
When I went to copy, it took a while to try and repair the DVD structure, but wouldn't copy.

So then I went back and selected only the first 4 titles. Unchecked the other 90 odd duplicates. Tried to copy, but this failed too.

Then I went back and unchecked preserve menus. Made sure I told it to play title 1 (fourth on the list) first. And this worked.

So I got a watchable DVD in the correct order, just havent got any menu.

Does this help anyone?

At this point it is known that the problem appears to be related to the menus or where the menus are located. Removing the menus appears to remove the problem but that isn't an ideal solution.

I have managed to copy disc one in its entirety (fully active menus). Using anydvd in the back ground, unfortunately I used a 3rd party software in conjunction with it and I dont know if I can mention that here according to the posting rules.:confused:

I however can not use this same method for discs 2,3 & 4 and Im still stuck.

I have managed to copy disc one in its entirety (fully active menus). Using anydvd in the back ground, unfortunately I used a 3rd party software in conjunction with it and I dont know if I can mention that here according to the posting rules.:confused:

No, you cannot.

The problem has been reported by a few people. James is aware of people having a problem so I suspect it'll be looked into and resolved when they have all that they need.

Maybe instead of AnyDVD running in the background, use the built-in ripper and then open the files instead of the disc in your 3rd party program...

Maybe instead of AnyDVD running in the background, use the built-in ripper and then open the files instead of the disc in your 3rd party program...

That doesn't work on this series of discs.
I have a full set with the menus included i got from someone, but I can't find out how they ripped it with menus

Hi thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately that doesn't work

I picked up a copy of Underbelly The Tale of Two Cities Region 4 DVD. AnyDVD 6.5.5.5 shows:-

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.5.5.5)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20L NR02 & 00020507V276E14613
Drive (Hardware) Region: 4

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1989072 sectors (3884 MBytes)
Total size: 3952704 sectors (7720 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Underbelly_Series2_D1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 4!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed fluxDVD protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 7 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 4!

I cannot get to any chapter selection in CloneDVD2 and only get an error message (have attached screenshot). I believe the possible main issue here is the fluxdvd protection (despite this being defeated in AnyDVD 6.0.5.0 - it may have been updated) which is a kind of DRM and its a real pain in the ass and may be making CloneDVD2 trip up.

I have also included the AnyDVD Log File just in case mine varies as Im using Windows 7 7100 x64. I trust this issue is in good hands with James as I'm sure James second verbal language is now binary :) lol.

Attachments

• UTOTC-CLONEDVD2.jpg
    UTOTC-CLONEDVD2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 16
  • AnyDVD_6.5.5.5_Info_D_Underbelly_Series2_D1.zip
    893.4 KB · Views: 9
First post here and don't know what the protocols are, but I get the distinct impression we're not meant to name opposition products :bowdown:

Anyhoo, I have been able to copy all 4 discs whilst retaining all menus.

I used AnyDVD 6.5.4.9, then did a normal File Copy through Windows Explorer of all files pertaining to the "real" titleset, as well as all the dummy titleset BUPs and IFOs, and all VIDEO_TS.* files (I used a 3rd party product to simulate the playing of the DVD, clicking on each of the episodes, and it outputs a list of titles it played). I then used another 3rd party product to remove all the links to the dummy VTSs, and left everything else intact. Output each disc to a VIDEO_TS folder, burn it and hey presto - backup of Underbelly: A Tale Of Two Cities with all chapters and menus intact !

From memory the "real" VTSs for each disc are VTS 7 For Disc 1 (PGCs 15, 36, 70 & 94), VTS 7 (23, 55, 86 & 99), VTS 6 (19, 48, 76 & 99) & VTS 4 (8, 42, 82 & 99). Take note that one of the episodes on each of Discs 2, 3 & 4 is split into two PGCs.

Just wondering if James has any further info on why Underbelly Tale of Two cities cant currently be backed up. Hope you crack it soon James.

I picked up a copy of Underbelly The Tale of Two Cities Region 4 DVD. AnyDVD 6.5.5.5 shows:-

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.5.5.5)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20L NR02 & 00020507V276E14613
Drive (Hardware) Region: 4

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1989072 sectors (3884 MBytes)
Total size: 3952704 sectors (7720 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Underbelly_Series2_D1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 4!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed fluxDVD protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 7 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 4!

I cannot get to any chapter selection in CloneDVD2 and only get an error message (have attached screenshot). I believe the possible main issue here is the fluxdvd protection (despite this being defeated in AnyDVD 6.0.5.0 - it may have been updated) which is a kind of DRM and its a real pain in the ass and may be making CloneDVD2 trip up.

I have also included the AnyDVD Log File just in case mine varies as Im using Windows 7 7100 x64. I trust this issue is in good hands with James as I'm sure James second verbal language is now binary :) lol.
Can you please create another logfile using AnyDVD 6.5.5.6 beta? Thank you!

Logs using 6.5.5.6 beta

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.5.6_Info_G_Underbelly_Series2_D1.zip
    860.5 KB · Views: 16
  • AnyDVD_6.5.5.6_Info_G_Underbelly_Series2_D2.zip
    664.6 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_6.5.5.6_Info_G_Underbelly_Series2_D3.zip
    676.8 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_6.5.5.6_Info_G_Underbelly_Series2_D4.zip
    683.2 KB · Views: 8
Logs using 6.5.5.6 beta

Are you still having the same issues with UTTC with the new beta boldsoky - not able to view chapter lists in CloneDVD 2. Did this new Anydvd beta allow you to back this set up?

Last edited:
Are you still having the same issues with UTTC with the new beta boldsoky - not able to view chapter lists in CloneDVD 2. Did this new Anydvd beta allow you to back this set up?

Still unable todo anything with it

Can you please create another logfile using AnyDVD 6.5.5.6 beta? Thank you!
Hi James, user Bodolsky has posted the AnyDVD files with the latest beta claiming he cant do anything with it still. Strangely enought his log files indicated "Media is Region Free". Log file also says "ELBY CLONEDRIVE 1.4".

Last edited:
Hi James, user Bodolsky has posted the AnyDVD files with the latest beta claiming he cant do anything with it still. Strangely enought his log files indicated "Media is Region Free". Log file also says "ELBY CLONEDRIVE 1.4".

The logs created from the mounted image are identical to the logs from disc 4 from logs in a DVD drive as far as the status window. There may be differences elsewhere. Logs are better off created from the original DVD and not an image. I'm assuming the user created the image with Rip to Image... because none of the structural protections have changed and even the disc size is the same.

bodolsky also has a filter installed that I would recommend removing.

cdrbsdrv (system32\drivers\cdrbsdrv.sys), Version: 8.0.0.5 (8.0.0.5)
Company: B.H.A Corporation
Product: B's Recorder GOLD
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2000-2006 B.H.A Corporation
Description: CD-ROM Filter Driver for Windows2000/xp
FileVersion: 8. 0. 0. 5
ProductVersion: 8. 0. 0. 5
PrivateBuild: 8. 0. 0. 5

So, can someone who has the discs and has AnyDVD 6.5.5.6 beta installed post logs using the actual DVDs, please?

Last edited:
Back