• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Use 6.5.5.7 beta] underbelly tale of two citys

Hi tigerman,

Ok, on the CloneDVD start screen go to "Preferences" (next to Help).
There check the checkbox under "Reading" (for this specific DVD).
Then try again.

(Btw, UNcheck that "Reading" option again later)

Underbelly Tale Of Two Cities

Same here with same disc(s) as wiseowl, region 4 Australia, interesting directory structure (see log) multiple files in the VTS_0X region of 6 Gigs a piece in 11 entries which would give this DVD a capacity of around 70 Gig! Not sure if this is tripping up AnyDVD at all. Anyway hope the log helps with this problem.

GP.

Yes and every one of the 1+gig files plays an episode duplicated 11 times weird hey. I was able to take one set episodes thats 7 files and take only one set of the dupe files and it plays right to the menu but wont select an episode it just goes to the next episode and so on. I played with the files for some time. I guess ya need to use the software that lets you look at where the menu takes you and maybe rename the files so the menu button goes to its correct episode.

Tried ticking Reading, and at least it loaded the disc (sort of). There are 99 titles listed, and 97 of them are identical. Screen grab attached.

Attachments

• Underbelly.jpg
    Underbelly.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 21
If u play these titles slow search you will see the end credits about halfway through most of those titles so i guess those r the extra 1s

Well, why not play the disc via a software player such as PowerDVD and observe which titles are actually accessed [played] for the episodes. When you have written down this information then exit the player and open CloneDVD. Select the titles that were actually played while excluding all the apparent dummy titles, rip the DVD to your HDD with CloneDVD, and then playback the ripped output from your HDD with a software player again. Does it play correctly?

Underbelly Tale Of Two Cities

Well, why not play the disc via a software player such as PowerDVD and observe which titles are actually accessed [played] for the episodes. When you have written down this information then exit the player and open CloneDVD. Select the titles that were actually played while excluding all the apparent dummy titles, rip the DVD to your HDD with CloneDVD, and then playback the ripped output from your HDD with a software player again. Does it play correctly?

Ye good thought. A friend of mine did it with the menus and all. He used his dvd player hooked to his dvd recorder via a macro box.. Copied that to dual layer and took that to clonedvd2 and crunched it to 4.7 -dvdr. After copying it that way clone will handle it as normal dvd. Cheeky beggar hey LOL

On mine, clonedvd come up with main movie titles and 96 blank 1s, with preserve menues ticked it tries to reconstuct but fails, if unticked menues it copies no probs but with no menues titles are out of order, maybe clonedvd due for update

On mine, clonedvd come up with main movie titles and 96 blank 1s, with preserve menues ticked it tries to reconstuct but fails, if unticked menues it copies no probs but with no menues titles are out of order, maybe clonedvd due for update

This helps narrow down the problem. So the problem area is the location of the menus. We've seen something like this before. I'm pretty sure this issue would be addressed by AnyDVD rather than CloneDVD since I see it as a protection issue but the developers will know for sure.

Well, why not play the disc via a software player such as PowerDVD and observe which titles are actually accessed [played] for the episodes.
The AnyDVD log reveals, that only VTS 7 is of any interest (logfile Underbelly_Series2_D2).

So, the relevant titles are
23, 55, 86 and 99 (but I doubt title 99 contains anything useful)
Only selecting these titles and copying without menus should work.
I'm not sure yet why AnyDVD doesn't remove the other titles properly, as it certainly knows they are bogus. I'll have to fix that.

EDIT:
Is it correct, that only 3 episodes are on this disc? These would be titles 23, 55 and 86 if AI scanner is right.

Last edited:
No, this is an AnyDVD problem.

No, there are four titles on Disc 1, and three titles on Discs 2, 3 & 4.

So, AI scanner is right, I was talking about the Underbelly_Series2_D2 log.

I just received the first e-mail confirmation of a customer who was able to copy Underbelly_Series2_D1 Region 4 with AnyDVD 6554 and CloneDVD 2922.

She ticked the checkbox under "Reading" in the CloneDVD preferences and then read in the DVD with CloneDVD. Don't have a log for this, though.

First time ever - Underbelly - A Tale of 2 Cities

For the first time have a brand new movie / Telivision series that will not back up have the latest any DVD and Clone any clues as to where to start to find a way to copy this box set is brand new out of box just yesterday

Re Underbelly 2

I just received the first e-mail confirmation of a customer who was able to copy Underbelly_Series2_D1 Region 4 with AnyDVD 6554 and CloneDVD 2922.

She ticked the checkbox under "Reading" in the CloneDVD preferences and then read in the DVD with CloneDVD. Don't have a log for this, though.

I tried that way a box appears says clondvd trying to repair defective structure it scans and then nothing clone has nothing to read.?

For the first time have a brand new movie / Telivision series that will not back up have the latest any DVD and Clone any clues as to where to start to find a way to copy this box set is brand new out of box just yesterday

Given the absolute lack of any information concerning what discs, what the problem is, error messages, or logs, there is no way anyone can assist you.

Refer here (http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=29302): HAVE PROBLEMS???? Read this before posting please, or risk having your post ignored!

Read all of the information and post any and all applicable information including the problem, error messages, logs, etc.

Make sure you really are using the latest versions. In many cases people believe they are and are not.

AnyDVD 6.5.5.5: http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe
CloneDVD 2.9.2.2: http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD.exe

Last edited:
Have tried 6.5.5.5. version on underbelly and same problems.Yes it can be copied with read method but you still cant have menues ticked

We ok the series is a Region 4 Called "Underbelly" A tale of 2 cities any dvd seems to check disc ok and begins to play through media player on Vista. You exit that and enter Clone DVD 2 The message shown ius as follows UNABLE TO READ VIDEO FILES
E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_08_0.IFO: unable to open file
The system cannot find the file specified
please be sure that all required fields are available and try again
End of pop up windows message .
Is that clear enough ?

Back