• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unable to rip District 9

eric.groves

I have attempted to rip District 9 Blu-ray using AnyDVD HD 6.6.0.8 Beta and failed.

I tried the Beta because my previous version also failed to rip it. Has anyone had any luck ripping that particular Blu-ray disc?

Eric

When you say you tried to rip it and it failed, what exactly do you mean happened? That is extremely vague.

Here is a helpful thread for info on troubleshooting ripping errors:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=30640

If you do not FULLY read those instructions and do all of them, we won't be able to help you.

I assume you really mean ripping errors, and not errors with decrypting or playing the disc?

Here is a log file from my copy:

Country of Origin: Canada
Region: Says "A B C" on back.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.6.0.8)
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L 1.03 41051508167C3G2312
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Total size: 23984064 sectors (46843 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: DISTRICT_9
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 16
Removed AACS copy protection!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.0.8_Info_E_DISTRICT_9.zip
    272.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Same problem here using the USA-region version of the disk with WinDVD 9. The disk plays fine when inserted into the drive and AnyDVD HD is deactivated. However, if the disk is in the drive and AnyDVD HD is activated (or if you mount an AnyDVD HD-generated ISO of the disk onto a virtual drive using Virtual Clone Drive), WinDVD does not play the disk. When you select the appropriate optical drive to read from, WinDVD pauses for a moment (giving you the hour-glass cursor), and then acts as if no disk were inserted into that optical drive. Log attached below.

Summary for drive I: (AnyDVD 6.6.0.8)
HL-DT-ST BD-REGGW-H20L YL05 001002081783D84146
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Total size: 23984064 sectors (46843 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: DISTRICT_9
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 16
Removed AACS copy protection!
Can't determine region code!
Blu-ray disc Region set to A!
Possible Blu-ray Java region lock removed!
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!
Removed UOPs!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.0.8_Info_I_DISTRICT_9.zip
    274.9 KB · Views: 5
Is the disc region free like bracket cables? If so then try clicking default in AnyDVD HD and then see if it plays

I would also like to point out, at least on my copy of the disc, it claims to have a PlayStation 3 demo for the game "God of War 3" on the Blu-ray movie disc itself. These extra file folders may be causing confusion with our software somehow.

Thanks for the quick responses. Yes, mine also has extra folders for the PS3 demo game. I'm not certain whether my disk is region free, but unchecking the "Remove Blu-Ray Region Code" check box in AnyDVD HD's setting does not fix the issue.

It shouldn't touch the game files as they aren't in any of the standard Blu-ray folders so they just get ignored

any idea how to get the bluray version to play on a PC without ripping it to your hardrive first? i use powerdvd 9 as my only option to play bluray disks. and yes there is alot of un needed stuff on the disk that is tripping up the players..

i think its a clever form of drm that anydvd sees past.
i have tryed setting anydvd to remove bdlive and everything yet still get unsupported disk in drive leaving me with ripping as the only option left to view

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I see to be having the same problem watching this movie from an .iso.

PDVD is telling me that "A disk with an unsupported format in Drive K:"

Unfortunately I have lent my original to a friend so I did not get a chance to see if plays with Anydvd HD Disabled.

Cheers

I was also having the "A disk with an unsupported format in Drive" problem using any version of PowerDVD in conjunction with AnyDVD and District 9.

If you follow Adbear's guide for a PowerDVD compliant ISO and just add the BDMV (with all subfolders of course) and CERTIFICATES folder from the ripped data to the image PowerDVD doesn't have its fit of 'cranial-rectal inversion' and plays just fine.

I have attempted to rip District 9 Blu-ray using AnyDVD HD 6.6.0.8 Beta and failed.

I tried the Beta because my previous version also failed to rip it. Has anyone had any luck ripping that particular Blu-ray disc?

Eric

I ripped movie only and burned to a DL (BD9) disc without any problems using AnyDVD/BDRebuilder/Imgburn. I haven't played the whole disc yet but watched about ten min. and it looks great. It actually only took about 5 hrs. because the movie is pretty short (usually takes about 8 hrs. with i7 920 based system).

Same as all of you

I'm actually just trying to play District 9, I currently have PowerDVD 8 Ultra, and AnyDVD 6.6.0.7. All firmware is up to date. I don't want to have to rip from this to this to that. I just want to watch the movie. Even with AnyDVD not running, it says the same thing!

where is this guide ? i wanna know so i can re image the disk to be pdvd complaint

Roo,

Go back to the first page of this thread. Adbear has a link to it as his signature.

I just got District 9, no problems at all. U.S. version, with the PS3 thing.

I was also having the "A disk with an unsupported format in Drive" problem using any version of PowerDVD in conjunction with AnyDVD and District 9.

If you follow Adbear's guide for a PowerDVD compliant ISO and just add the BDMV (with all subfolders of course) and CERTIFICATES folder from the ripped data to the image PowerDVD doesn't have its fit of 'cranial-rectal inversion' and plays just fine.

Great suggestion, I will look to do that when I get my original back. In the meantime, does anyone know why this problem is happening.

Also, the whole advantage of anydvd adding the "rip to image" option was to by bypass having to "rip to hard drive" and then rip to image from there.

Mine works fine using TMT 3

Just curious, did you rip the movie to disk then create an image file?

I believe this problem seems to be occurring with users who "rip to image" and then mount the image and PDVD or TMT won't read the file and has a breakdown then starts crying (had a girlfriend like that once...another time).

Back