• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ULTRA HD Blu-ray? Is SlySoft support coming?

Great News: CyberLink PowerDVD 17 will get UHD Releases! ;)
http://www.golem.de/news/uhd-blu-ray-powerdvd-spielt-4k-discs-1612-124861.html
http://4k.com/news/cyberlinks-power...-media-player-certified-for-4k-blu-ray-17805/

And this happened last month, but Cyberlink’s PowerDVD software player has now been certified by the Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) to play 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray media. So forthcoming PCs equipped with 4K drives should be able to play the discs. You can now purchase the software from their online store and the 4K capability will be unlocked in the weeks/months ahead.

So hopefully we seen an Fix soon for RedFox AnyDVD UHD aswel, has a nice ring to it! ;)

According to what James said, it may not need a firmware update to AACS 2.0.
We're going to find out in 2 or 3 months.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/any...cs-2-0-there-is-hope.68358/page-8#post-458587

EDIT:
Don't forget about HDCP 2.2 when it come to UHD Blu-ray.
Your video card has to have it, or if your using Intel to watch you UHD Blu-rays, it's on board video processor will have to be enabled with it as well.
With out checking, that would be Kaby Lake.

Of course if certain things happen, we won't have to worry about HDCP 2.2. (y)
Well that's good news I suppose even if there is no guarantee. I do not really know why, but I kind of want my drive to be able to handle it even though there is absolutely no reason for it to concern me. As for the HDCP 2.2 stuff, my card supports it according to the manufacturers, but I do not know what I gain from it. I also have no idea what you mean by "Of course if certain things happen, we won't have to worry about HDCP 2.2." I like the sound of it, but I do not know what it means.

Has a release date been announced for PowerDVD 17 that I have missed despite my efforts to find something about it online?

"Certain things happen" :dance:

I didn't want to get too presumptuous.
I think we're all hoping/expecting that once Power DVD 17 is released that James will magically be able to reverse engineer things. 123; all done. :D
In that case we won't have to worry about HDCP 2.2 and/or AACS 2.0.
If the chain is broken, then no protection works.
This of course is good for people that have a 4K TV that doesn't support HDCP 2.2 and want to watch an UHD Blu-ray.
There is HD Fury for this and stand-alone players, but for us it would be nice for a computer based system, but I think you already know this.

I haven't seen anything about Power DVD 17 yet either.

Has a release date been announced for PowerDVD 17 that I have missed despite my efforts to find something about it online?
There was an offer from CyberLink stating you get PowerDVD 17 for free when it's released in april if you buy version 16 now, but it was removed. (I could only find the german offer here.)

The wep link provided states April as release of PDVD 17.
As per link "Im April 2017 nach der Veröffentlichung von PowerDVD 17 erhalten Sie per E-Mail einen Downloadlink sowie den Produktschlüssel." Since webpage is in German I copy paste the original.

"Certain things happen" :dance:

I didn't want to get too presumptuous.
I think we're all hoping/expecting that once Power DVD 17 is released that James will magically be able to reverse engineer things. 123; all done. :D
In that case we won't have to worry about HDCP 2.2 and/or AACS 2.0.
If the chain is broken, then no protection works.
This of course is good for people that have a 4K TV that doesn't support HDCP 2.2 and want to watch an UHD Blu-ray.
There is HD Fury for this and stand-alone players, but for us it would be nice for a computer based system, but I think you already know this.

I haven't seen anything about Power DVD 17 yet either.
But wouldn't the hardware still have to support HDCP 2.2 and/or AACS 2.0 in order for bypassing the protection to be possible even if James does fix things up for us? I'm fairly new to all of this, so I am rather confused.

The wep link provided states April as release of PDVD 17.
As per link "Im April 2017 nach der Veröffentlichung von PowerDVD 17 erhalten Sie per E-Mail einen Downloadlink sowie den Produktschlüssel." Since webpage is in German I copy paste the original.

Oh, sorry about that. I do not know German. I found it in English, but the offer appears to be expired (https://www.cyberlink.com/stat/edms...ree_Upgrade/enu/offer.jsp?affid=2581_1199_746). Despite that, copying and pasting the code from the German version into the checkout process seems to still work even if you are not using the German version of the CyberLink website. I did not complete the purchase though, so I do not know if the code gets revoked when you actually make a payment.

4D4sAzv.png

No, as anydvd 'removes' the hdcp flag on PC's. Yes, to the aacs 2.0

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

No, as anydvd 'removes' the hdcp flag on PC's. Yes, to the aacs 2.0

I suppose one out of two isn't bad.

As for not needing to worry about HDCP 2.2:

WikiPedia said:
On November 4, 2015, HDFury, a company already known for their other HDCP rippers/splitters, released the HDFury Integral, a device that can remove HDCP 2.2.[27] On December 31, 2015, Warner Bros and Digital Content Protection, LLC (the owners of HDCP) filed a lawsuit against LegendSky, the owner of HDFury.[28][29] Warner Bros and DCP confirmed in the lawsuit complaint document that the HDFury Integral is able to strip HDCP 2.2 from HDCP-enabled UHD works.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-..._Protection#HDCP_v2.2.2C_v2.1_and_v2.0_breach

It's 2/2, when the first real uhd software player becomes available the "reverse engineering fun" can start. Eventually hopefully anydvd will get both AACS 2.0 support as the capability to remove the hdcp 2.2 flag.

As o that HDFury thing, different articles state it doesn't actually remove it but "downgrades" it to a less strict hdcp version i think.

As o that HDFury thing, different articles state it doesn't actually remove it but "downgrades" it to a less strict hdcp version i think.
Correct. There a bunch of HDCP 2.2 strippers available costing a fraction of the HD-Fury which remove HDCP.

It's 2/2, when the first real uhd software player becomes available the "reverse engineering fun" can start. Eventually hopefully anydvd will get both AACS 2.0 support as the capability to remove the hdcp 2.2 flag.

Correct. There a bunch of HDCP 2.2 strippers available costing a fraction of the HD-Fury which remove HDCP.
Yes, I understand that eventually AnyDVD will get AACS 2.0 support, but just because AnyDVD gets AACS 2.0 support doesn't mean that hardware that we already have will support it. Concerning the HDFury thing, I had not heard of that prior to the WikiPedia article, so I was not aware of that.

Update: I suppose that everyone that is well-versed in the subject has already seen this, but I thought I would share just in case.

Last edited:
It has NOT been said that anydvd WILL get AACS 2.0 support. James said he would look into adding support, but no official confirmation that it WILL. That's a big difference, main reason is that right now it's impossible to say for sure due to the lack of official documentation.

It's like saying basically nobody can watch a UHD disc on PC...
Exactly! I am sure that soon enough, someone else will come along that offers support for a wider array of hardware. That aside, I would not even bother getting a drive at the moment. It is my understanding that a new drive may not even be necessary to play UHD disks on a PC. And what good is offering a free version of PowerDVD that is useless for playing UHD disks? Unless it comes with a free upgrade to PowerDVD 17 once it comes out, it's not worth it.

Back