• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ULTRA HD Blu-ray? Is SlySoft support coming?

image.jpeg When UHD bluray movies are released this will be my play back method

Running kodi Apk on nvidia shield 4K @ 60fps

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 71
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 70
That's not what i said. There''s a difference between a player and a DISC. They can't add support for UHD discs because there are NO RETAIL MOVIES out yet on that format. I said nothing about wanting or not wanting support. You can't add support for something that doesn't physically exist.
There have been Ultra HD Blu-Ray Discs out for a few months now. I was just wondering if support is coming. My drive will read the disc, but as of yet, there is no software player support that I can find for the 4K BD discs. AnyDVD saw the disc (Deadpool), but ran into an error with the AACS MKB 60 copy protection that was on the disc. The companion standard BD that came with it was ripped as normal. It looks like a normal BD disc when looking at the folders, just larger than 50GB, but I'm sure there's more to it than that. Just wondering if this is being worked on or planned on, thanks.

As the search will tell you, the entire protection scheme needs to be reverse engineered due to lack of official documentation, lack of uhd capable software players,... i wouldn't expect support in the next few months. Other than although it won't add uhd support, it would be nice if you provided an anydvd logfile in the hd section. At least that way James can look into adding aacs mkb v60 support.

SO? Here we are in October with the Samsung and Panasonic players. An experimental effort might be underway at RedFox to show the way
to help offset costs of making backups now that there are 60 plus UHD/4K discs out there in big bucks land. I wonder if there are
blank discs (with rapidly decreasing prices); plus capable writers.

Set top players are of no use when trying to reverse engineer, so the fact that there are set-top players out there is of no consequence.

As there is no way to decrypt the discs then at the moment there's no way to back them up. Most UHD discs at the moment are only dual layer discs, so in theory you could just copy the disc to a dual layer or a BDXL disc, but as it would still be encrypted what's the point?

Today, UHD drives are available. Media is available. I have 14 UHD discs already (and 5 more in a few days). I'm very much not Joe User: I have a vast collection of DVDs, BDs, and will be growing my collection of BD4Ks. I *REALLY* want to be able to back up the 4Ks with AnyDVD HD (or, perhaps, a followon product), and I believe it would not take much for the RedFox developers to get there. As it stands now, AnyDVD HD sees the discs just fine, but the encryption is different:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 8.0.7.0, BDPHash.bin 16-10-28)
HL-DT-ST BD-REBE16NU50 1.00 N000800SIK96G4F9083
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Drive supports AACS version: 1

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 26728672 sectors (52204 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: Salt
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 57
MKB type 48141003 is not supported!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

All 14 of my BD4Ks report the same MKB type as not supported (though with differing MKB versions).

I'm waiting breathlessly.... :)

Marty

They're not available. The current drives can see the content at that's it. It can't do anything with it. As you were told in the other topic, its not going to happen any time soon.

You're going to be holding your breath for a while.
In the log it says "Drive supports AACS version: 1"
Until that says "version: 2", then there's no chance that the drive can properly deal with UHD Blu-ray.
I'm guessing in the spring/summer of 2017.
And that guess is based upon what I have read over at the Cyberlink forum.
With that said, there has been no hint of any of manufacture coming out with an UHD Blu-ray reader for the PC.
No yet anyway.

View attachment 28220 When UHD bluray movies are released this will be my play back method
This will be my method as well on my sony xbr 850C 65 inch uhd 4k tv. I am already watching 4k netflix. Not bad but I dont see a HUGE difference in it. Yah the colors are more from white to black and sharper but nothing to get all warm over.......Maybe the 4k disks might be better. Have to buy a player to see......

The Philips 4K bluray player works nicely , even on regular bd's up conversion looks better,HDR & etc .

Attachments

• IMG_8775.JPG
    IMG_8775.JPG
    705.6 KB · Views: 37
Until that says "version: 2", then there's no chance that the drive can properly deal with UHD Blu-ray.
With that said, there has been no hint of any of manufacture coming out with an UHD Blu-ray reader for the PC.
No yet anyway.
Well LG have PC drives that can 'read' the information on the UHD discs I've tried, they just can't remove the encryption, so I can copy the disc as files files or as an ISO just can't do much with them. As they seem to have done this with most of their recently released models I'm hoping they may be able to make the AACS 2.0 with a firmware update

Well LG have PC drives that can 'read' the information on the UHD discs I've tried, they just can't remove the encryption, so I can copy the disc as files files or as an ISO just can't do much with them. As they seem to have done this with most of their recently released models I'm hoping they may be able to make the AACS 2.0 with a firmware update
I've asked LG if a firmware update was possible and I'm still waiting for an answer _ it's been weeks.

They won't say anyway. The general tech support don't get told such things, and the higher up techies aren't allowed to say anything

No yet anyway.
I bought this Blu-Ray drive several months ago, and AnyDVD still lists that "Drive supports AACS version: 1". What exactly is AACS? What is it for and what does it do? My displays are not high-end enough to warrant the use of UHD, but I am curious about this. In your post you say, "Until that says 'version: 2'", which implies to me that it can be changed. Is this then a software issue instead of a hardware one?

I bought this Blu-Ray drive several months ago, and AnyDVD still lists that "Drive supports AACS version: 1". What exactly is AACS? What is it for and what does it do? My displays are not high-end enough to warrant the use of UHD, but I am curious about this. In your post you say, "Until that says 'version: 2'", which implies to me that it can be changed. Is this then a software issue instead of a hardware one?
It's a hardware issue, and there is some debate about it, see here.
Read; especially James' post _ 156.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-redfox-and-uhd-aacs-2-0-there-is-hope.68358/page-8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Access_Content_System

According to what James said, it may not need a firmware update to AACS 2.0.
We're going to find out in 2 or 3 months.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/any...cs-2-0-there-is-hope.68358/page-8#post-458587

EDIT:
Don't forget about HDCP 2.2 when it come to UHD Blu-ray.
Your video card has to have it, or if your using Intel to watch you UHD Blu-rays, it's on board video processor will have to be enabled with it as well.
With out checking, that would be Kaby Lake.

Of course if certain things happen, we won't have to worry about HDCP 2.2. (y)

Last edited:
Back