• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Try this to sign into HBO Max...

There's no way for AnyStream to track this. As I understand it for privacy reasons the only information sent when you download a file is a generic ping that removes a token from the bucket on the server, it doesn't tell it what provider you are using or what content you are downloading.

would it be difficult to somehow program AS to not ping back to redfox if the download has failed or is interrupted, and therefore not deduct a token for such a non-download?

would it be difficult to somehow program AS to not ping back to redfox if the download has failed or is interrupted, and therefore not deduct a token for such a non-download?
Just taking a guess here but it seems like the reason you wouldn't do that is because as soon as someone figures out how to fake a failed download they would just have access to unlimited downloads which would be a problem if people were doing it with the trial version.

There's no way for AnyStream to track this. As I understand it for privacy reasons the only information sent when you download a file is a generic ping that removes a token from the bucket on the server, it doesn't tell it what provider you are using or what content you are downloading.

Fair point.

I'm not a developer or software engineer so I can't address the technical obstacles that are apparent with respect to these issues.

However, at the very least I think we all can agree that it isn't equitable to be charged a token for a failed download. Corrupter files and duplicate downloads may be technically challenging or impossible to address but failed downloads shouldn't too hard.

To be fair, if stalled downloads and downloads that never seem to start were extremely rare then it wouldn't be much of an issue but I have certainly seen my fair share. On principle though, there really should be some kind of auto token reclamation for failed and aborted downloads.

However, at the very least I think we all can agree that it isn't equitable to be charged a token for a failed download.
I may be in the minority, but the recovery time for a failed download is 36 minutes. Is this such a big price to pay? I mean, you can always watch the show regardless of when you download it. I will never understand just what the big rush is.

I may be in the minority, but the recovery time for a failed download is 36 minutes. Is this such a big price to pay? I mean, you can always watch the show regardless of when you download it. I will never understand just what the big rush is.

I tend not to hit the limits much but that doesn't mean it can't or wont happen. Also I'm not simply thinking in terms of myself but users of the AS app as a whole. Who is in or who isn't in the minority isn't necessarily what I want to address.

Clearly I'm not railing against the existence of limits here. I'm only suggesting that if limits are imposed that they should address the gray area or unintended consequences. Surely when the scheme was developed they didn't really intend to deduct tokens for failed downloads as ideally there would be no failed downloads.

I could be wrong here but I really hope that the devs of AS can see the logic what I am saying here. Systematically it could really be a problem.

address the gray area or unintended consequences
My only point is that the result of an "unintended consequence" is the loss of a token. And that 1 token is trivial. So while I might agree that perhaps it could be looked at, I would put it at the very bottom of a very long list. Even you would have to agree that things like working on more providers, more streams from the available providers, thinking about the CBR/VBR preferences, constantly looking after the various DRM issues that crop up, changes to the GUI so one can see how many tokens are actually left, queuing series downloads, fixing any language related issues, etc., are more important than recovering a token. You see how long it is taking to fix HBO Max. You see how long it is taking to introduce AS Pro. And yet you must think RedFox has an army of developers just waiting to act on a very unimportant issue.

This thread is about a way to try and login to HBO while the devs are working on the problem. The download "token" issue has been beat do death. If you want to talk about that, please find one of those dead-horse threads...

This thread is about a way to try and login to HBO
I agree, and I apologize - a knee jerk reaction to seeing yet another post about this token issue. And, the HBO login issue is approaching a dead horse condition as well.

I agree, and I apologize - a knee jerk reaction to seeing yet another post about this token issue. And, the HBO login issue is approaching a dead horse condition as well.

This thread is about a way to try and login to HBO while the devs are working on the problem. The download "token" issue has been beat do death. If you want to talk about that, please find one of those dead-horse threads...

Quite right,....I too apologize.

I'd love to see a fix for the HM login issue despite the fact that not everyone seems to be effected by it. I am effected by this issue but even if that weren't the case I'd like to see it fixed.

HM is a very welcome new feature IMO. Although it was my understanding that this will eventually be an AnyStream Pro feature. I am willing to pay for an upgrade to AnyStream Pro as soon as it becomes available.

As I may have mentioned before, a competing product that I have also has developed an issue with HBO login even though it has been fairly stable since around the release of HM and HGo before that. This suggest that even when a fix is implemented that additional issues will likely arise down the line (through no fault of the developers). So ongoing maintenance will likely be necessary.

Last edited:
The developers have to make sure it's going to work this time no more fixes. While I appreciate Von B. figuring out this way to log in but you have to admit, it's not optimal. I can log in using his method but every time I try to download, it errors out and I get a dump file and the program closes. I assume that what's taking so long. It seems like it's taking a long time but in reality, we have to understand these guys are great devs, they really want to get it right. I want it as much as all of you.

Im logged in now and its staying logged in so Pete must have fixed that on his end but now cant download and AnyStream crashes so hopefully there will be a new release soon that fixes the crashes and other bugs

After a few days of not getting in, I tried this...

1. Load AS into HM page
  2. Enter username
  3. Enter password
  4. RIGHT-click on login button. The form disappears and the logging in message appears and so does the right-mouse context menu. Click off the menu to make it go away
  5. RIGHT-click again on the logging in message, this time, select Reload Page from context menu
  6. Enter username
  7. Enter Password
  8. Click Login
That got me in...

That definitely worked! Thanks @VonB. :dance:

Back