• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Try this to sign into HBO Max...

Just a tip, I did some testing of my own to determine which option is better, comparing both to a lossless copy from Blu-Ray. While the DD+ codec is more efficient, I found it to not be efficient enough to overcome the low bitrate. I'd recommend regular ol DD at 384.

i prefer ac3, since i can adjust ac3filter in potplayer if need be. anyways, playlists on HM are all messed up, so no tv shows dowloads for now. it says s01e01 but its not, and sometimes episode repeat themselves. but, damn. video quality is superb. no prime, or netflix or hulu can even come close. will try movies now.

EDIT: yeah, no go. 'stream initialization failed' and AS crashes. bummer. but, were getting there. even saw a 4k option! noice.

Last edited:
Didn’t work for me.

Now I’m in. Gotta have CAPCHA or whatever in the corner when you log in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Using that right-click method allowed me to log in. I was able to get through one download. On a second try, I got the stream initialization error. Dump file was created, and attached below. I started AS again, and went to AP tab - it said I had to sign-in again. But I knew better. I shut down AS and started it once again - and AP was fine; no need to sign-in. Odd.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.7_Dump_20210723025031.astdmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Could this HBO Max issue not be part of the Akamai outage?

Also when logging in to HBO Max with a browser I'm noticing now that they have both commercial and commercial free options. So maybe HBO is doing something different with their accounts / login.

After a few days of not getting in, I tried this...
  1. Load AS into HM page
  2. Enter username
  3. Enter password
  4. RIGHT-click on login button. The form disappears and the logging in message appears and so does the right-mouse context menu. Click off the menu to make it go away
  5. RIGHT-click again on the logging in message, this time, select Reload Page from context menu
  6. Enter username
  7. Enter Password
  8. Click Login
That got me in...
Put your left foot in. Your left foot out. Your left foot in and shake it all about. Do the hokey pokey. And turn yourself around. That's what it's all about!

Woohoo, that worked beautifully. I'm logged in and downloading as we speak. I've downloaded 12 streams so far, TV episodes. No issues. It's working well. Thanks!

And for what it's worth, in my case I only had the AmazonPrime tab enabled initially. I disabled the AmazonPrime tab and enabled the HBOmax tab, then closed the application. When launching the application I followed precisely what VonB. outlined above. Again, no issues. Well, so far anyway.

(I subscribe to HBOmax through AmazonPrime. From AnyStream I logged in to HBOmax using my AmazonPrime email address and HBOmax specific password I created from the HBOmax website.)

Might as well throw this out there as well. Looks like we could use a "Return to season upon episode download completion (HBOmax)" option like we have for Netflix. After downloading an episode I've got to select the TV series from the main page again, then select the particular Season from drop-down list each time per scrolling down to the next episode I want to download. It's a bit tedious. :p

Last edited:
Could this HBO Max issue not be part of the Akamai outage?

Also when logging in to HBO Max with a browser I'm noticing now that they have both commercial and commercial free options. So maybe HBO is doing something different with their accounts / login.
Not unless Akamai has been having consistent issues since Tuesday.

Anyways, playlists on HM are all messed up, so no tv shows dowloads for now. it says s01e01 but its not, and sometimes episode repeat themselves. but, damn. video quality is superb. no prime, or netflix or hulu can even come close. will try movies now.
Yeah, I'm noticing this as well. I downloaded Seasons 1 & 2 of The Office (UK). Season 1, Episodes 1-4 are the same episode. Season 2, Episodes 2-6 are the same episode. Season 2, Episodes 7 & 8 are the same episode. And all the episodes in general are a jumbled mess. A number of episodes I downloaded for Season 1 are actually from Season 2 and vice versa. Guess that's why they call it beta testing.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm noticing this as well. I downloaded Seasons 1 & 2 of The Office (UK). Season 1, Episodes 1-4 are the same episode. Season 2, Episodes 2-6 are the same episode. Season 2, Episodes 7 & 8 are the same episode.

yeah, unfortunately. bummer, but itll get better. im stunned how good these two shows ive tried looked. especially 'the nanny'. dunno, maybe it was remastered, that would explain a lot. unfortunately HM doest sport 'frasier' or '3rd rock', id give up fats and cigarettes for a month if i could find those two in as high of a quality as 'the nanny'. but i wont, since they dont exist. shame. anyways, if the rest of HM is as good as i think it is, well... id pay for that, for sure. but, this is just a tease, a taste, a peek... well see. fingers crossed. cheers.

After a few days of not getting in, I tried this...

1. Load AS into HM page
  2. Enter username
  3. Enter password
  4. RIGHT-click on login button. The form disappears and the logging in message appears and so does the right-mouse context menu. Click off the menu to make it go away
  5. RIGHT-click again on the logging in message, this time, select Reload Page from context menu
  6. Enter username
  7. Enter Password
  8. Click Login
That got me in...

Nice, everything is now working :) Much appreciated ;-)

I was able to login once with this this method but tried to download the new Space Jam movie and it the error about initializing the steam. AS crashed and now I can’t get back into HM anymore using this method. I can through Google Chrome though. Best to just wait I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The method previously described continues to work for me though each time I launch AnyStream I have to log in again. In my case I'm skipping Steps 2 & 3. I launch AnyStream to the HBOmax tab. I right click on the login area invoking the context menu. I click on an open area to make the context menu go away. The login area reads, "Logging..." at that point. I right click on "Logging..." invoking the context menu again selecting the "Reload Page" option. The normal login area is then back. I log in normally from there. No issues.

The method previously described continues to work for me though each time I launch AnyStream I have to log in again. In my case I'm skipping Steps 2 & 3. I launch AnyStream to the HBOmax tab. I right click on the login area invoking the context menu. I click on an open area to make the context menu go away. The login area reads, "Logging..." at that point. I right click on "Logging..." invoking the context menu again selecting the "Reload Page" option. The normal login area is then back. I log in normally from there. No issues.

after login were you able to download the movies ?

after login were you able to download the movies ?
Yes, I haven't had any errors once logged in. I've downloaded several movies and a dozen or more TV episodes so far without issue.

Well, there are issues with TV episodes at present. They'll download, but you have no idea what episode you're actually downloading or from what season and quite often the same episode will download across multiple episode selections. I just downloaded a short TV season for example. It consists of 6 episodes. The same 2 episodes downloaded across the 6 episode selections. One episode got downloaded 4 times and the other episode 2 times. Isn't that fun. Looking forward to that getting sorted out. (See my post a couple back from this one for more on that.)

I noticed this as well, the "258 kbps DD+ stereo" option being called out by AnyStream is actually 256 kbps according to MediaInfo. Same for the "386 kbps ac-3 stereo" option. MediaInfo shows that to be 384 kbps. I'd imagine you'd find the same for the other audio options as well.

Last edited:
Well, there are issues with TV episodes at present.

yup. and ive also noticed something. im currently downloading sth from hulu in 720p, which is max res for hulu. i then switch to HM, log in (your method also works no problem), try downloading a movie in 1080p, AS crashes, i restart AS, go to hulu, select episode and resolution selected by default is not 720p anymore, but another. that doesnt happen if i dont switch to HM within a download session. so, beware. dont waste your tokens. ive wasted a few before realizing downloaded episodes had wrong resolution.

Unfortunately this method doesn't work for me.

For what its worth I receive HM via cable provider and can successfully login to HM via different browsers (Chrome, FireFox and MS Edge as well as apps on different platforms PS5, FireTV Stick, iPad Pro) using provider credentials. Of interest, I cannot login to HM using a third-party programs that function similarly to that of AS. Their tech support stated in an email that they are aware of the problem and are currently working on a fix. Also noteworthy, this application doesn't use the cable provider credentials but rather uses a HM user created / assigned email address and password. I was able to verify that my HM user created / assigned email address and password were being honored within the HM account setting. I'm assuming AS uses the cable provider username and password but I've tried both to no avail.

Yeah, I'm noticing this as well. I downloaded Seasons 1 & 2 of The Office (UK). Season 1, Episodes 1-4 are the same episode. Season 2, Episodes 2-6 are the same episode. Season 2, Episodes 7 & 8 are the same episode. And all the episodes in general are a jumbled mess. A number of episodes I downloaded for Season 1 are actually from Season 2 and vice versa. Guess that's why they call it beta testing.
This brings up an interesting point.

I have had some failed or stalled downloads from other sources on occasion via AS such as AZ, NF and H. When this happens I typically reboot AS. However, its clear that a failed / user aborted download is still counted as a download. At the very least this should be addressed IMO. Such failures or aborted downloads shouldn't cost the user a Token. Also the same file download shouldn't count within a specific timeframe either (perhaps 24 to 48hrs) as this is likely due to a mistake or damaged resultant file.

snip... I'm assuming AS uses the cable provider username and password but I've tried both to no avail.

AP is my HM provider, much like your cable company is your provider. My passwords on AP and HM are very different and it's my HM password that gets me in -- same as if I logged in via a web browser.

Sure

Simply put, when you goto HM via browser or app you're given the choice of two different login methods. For those granted access through their cable provider you start by choosing your cable provider and following through with you're username and password.

For those directly subscribing to HM the process is probably similar but no provider must be chosen from a list of supported providers.

Once you're logged in HM gives you an option to setup an access method that uses your chosen email address (as a username) and password or at least this is the case with cable subscribers.

Neither work for me with AS or the third party app (which only takes email username) but browsers and applications use my cable credentials without issue.

I have had some failed or stalled downloads from other sources on occasion via AS such as AZ, NF and H. When this happens I typically reboot AS. However, its clear that a failed / user aborted download is still counted as a download. At the very least this should be addressed IMO. Such failures or aborted downloads shouldn't cost the user a Token. Also the same file download shouldn't count within a specific timeframe either (perhaps 24 to 48hrs) as this is likely due to a mistake or damaged resultant file.
There's no way for AnyStream to track this. As I understand it for privacy reasons the only information sent when you download a file is a generic ping that removes a token from the bucket on the server, it doesn't tell it what provider you are using or what content you are downloading.

Back