• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Try this to sign into HBO Max...

VonB.

After a few days of not getting in, I tried this...

1. Load AS into HM page
  2. Enter username
  3. Enter password
  4. RIGHT-click on login button. The form disappears and the logging in message appears and so does the right-mouse context menu. Click off the menu to make it go away
  5. RIGHT-click again on the logging in message, this time, select Reload Page from context menu
  6. Enter username
  7. Enter Password
  8. Click Login
That got me in...

Last edited:
I mean, it logs in. AnyStream still displays a "Stream initialization failed. Cannot proceed with the download." message and crashes if I try to download anything.

I mean, it logs in. AnyStream still displays a "Stream initialization failed. Cannot proceed with the download." message and crashes if I try to download anything.

I'm on my second DL. I guess it depends on what you're trying to watch. Try something different.

Yes, that is exactly what happens. Sorry about that, I hope they fix it soon.

Yes, that is exactly what happens. Sorry about that, I hope they fix it soon.

I'll probably crash if I try Syner's Justice League, so I'm doing others and 2 for 2...

I'll probably crash if I try Syner's Justice League, so I'm doing others and 2 for 2...
The first time I installed I was able to successfully complete two downloads and then it started crashing after that. It's possible uninstalling and reinstalling would reset it and let me download 1 or 2 movies again but I'd rather just wait for a fix than do that.

1. Load AS into HM page
  2. Enter username
  3. Enter password
  4. RIGHT-click on login button. The form disappears and the logging in message appears and so does the right-mouse context menu. Click off the menu to make it go away
  5. RIGHT-click again on the logging in message, this time, select Reload Page from context menu
  6. Enter username
  7. Enter Password
  8. Click Login
That got me in...

Can confirm: it works (I had the idiot-capture box on both screens), great hacking! (y)

I tried it several times but no go here.

I too get core dumps, attached.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.7_Dump_20210723003212.astdmp
    1 MB · Views: 0
I was able to get about 4 movies. Tried Z Synder's Justice League again and I crashed (expected), but was able to log right back in and start something else.

Can confirm: it works (I had the idiot-capture box on both screens), great hacking! (y)

We're u able to download any movies after login ?
I was able to login, but AS is crashing once I start download any movie

Got signed in using "The VonB method" :) but first movie I tried (The Punisher w/Thomas Jane) core dumped (attached).

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.7_Dump_20210723011641.astdmp
    948.8 KB · Views: 0
To follow up: I unchecked all the other providers, quit AS, started AS (32 bit btw), signed in as above and am downloading Batman (w/Michael Keaton)...will try Punisher again next to see if other active providers was the problem.
EDIT: Punisher still crashed. Guess it's HM roulette :)

1. Load AS into HM page
  2. Enter username
  3. Enter password
  6. Enter username
  7. Enter Password
  8. Click Login
That got me in...

This got me logged in the first try...

blehehehhe, 'tworks!

and it has 'my list' category. oh, happyhappy joyjoy. ok, calm down, sir. first things first. first thing on the list. 'the nanny' (1993). first season, first episode. noice. 1080p, but ill opt for 720p for now. oh, noice. 256kbps DD+ and... wait a minute... 384kbps AC3? well, well, well. anyways, ill opt for DD+. 650mb download, and the picture quality... wait a minute. isnt this a show from the 1990s?? how can it look this good?? no compression artefacts, no blockiness, no aliasing, and the motion is almost flawless. im... im speechless.

this must be a fluke. lets go for the good ole 'coupling UK' (2000). already had it from hulu via playon, prime from both britbox and some chickflix prime channel via AS, all were ok, but nothing special. surely, there cant be any difference. wait, what? HM version is way more polished, ill be damned if the video doesnt feel like its not only 60fps, but as with 'nanny', no artefacts, no blockiness, slight bluriness when camera totally zoomes out, but ill be damned. is HM top tier provider, unmatched, unparalleled? i must continue the quest.

oh, wait. this is not a thread where we praise redfox and HM... wrong one... cough... yeah, this worked for me. thanks vonb. cheers!

Last edited:
256kbps DD+ and... wait a minute... 384kbps AC3? well, well, well. anyways, ill opt for DD+.
Just a tip, I did some testing of my own to determine which option is better, comparing both to a lossless copy from Blu-Ray. While the DD+ codec is more efficient, I found it to not be efficient enough to overcome the low bitrate. I'd recommend regular ol DD at 384.

I absolutely love that HBO has AC3 because it's very, very broadly compatible.

I absolutely love that HBO has AC3 because it's very, very broadly compatible.
I really do prefer DD+ most of the time, when it's high bitrate, just not here where it's quite low indeed. Also, I really feel like if you're not using Plex, which pretty much renders compatibility a moot point, to watch your media acquired with this program, you're kinda doing it wrong. Maybe once HBO Max is sorted out, and things die down a little, we should have a poll to see how everyone streams their AS content.

Back