• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not a RedFox Issue Troubles with Disney+ and VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

psig33

Hi,

So I know that using a VPN with AS+ is not officially supported but it works flawlessly with Netflix. That is not the case with Disney+ (at least for me), I got it to work once by doing a combination of steps that I can no longer reproduce. If I log in with VPN off and then close AS+ and open it back up with VPN on it takes me to the home country landing page (USA), but on the browser (Firefox and Chrome) VPN works correctly, and so does the "competitor". Whenever I tried to log out and I am still connected to VPN it gives me an error "Provider setup failed". I've tried turning off VPN, logging out of Disney+, deleting the AS+ cache and then logging back in with VPN on and it says "login failed". Like I said, I've gotten it to work a few months ago, but currently no matter what I try, it fails. Anyone have any suggestions? Logfile attached.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.6.7.0.astlog
    42.9 KB · Views: 0
i had troubles with HULU via VPN, mainly in the browser. kept saying my password was wrong. so i rolled the windows clock 6 hours back after connecting via VPN and i was able to log into HULU via browser. in AS i didnt have those problems which is definitely weird, but i had to renew subscription so i needed access via browser. in short, connect via VPN, roll the clock back (rougly eyeball how much - whether VPN server is east or west coast or somewhere in the middle), open AS and try logging in. or, first two steps, then open browser, log in, close browser, open AS and try logging in. or, first two steps, open browser, log in, log out, open AS and try logging in. youve already cleared cache so that fine. i never cleared my since leaving the US 18 months ago in fear id might have problems regarding cookies and whatnot. experiment. cheers!

Disney will not work with a VPN and it will not absolutely will not work with an ad version you need to no.advertisement subscription.

I have an ad-free subscription. I believe last time I got it to work I uninstalled AS, deleted cache, reinstalled AS. I will try that again after some zzz...

Disney will not work with a VPN and it will not absolutely will not work with an ad version you need to no.advertisement subscription.
Disney+ works with my VPN. The problem with VPN's is that when people are connected to a server, everybody connected to that server has the same IP address and when the streaming services see that, they blacklist it. The SOLUTION is a VPN with a Dedicated IP. I have a USA & Canada Dedicated IP and can access both while using AnyStream.

Disney+ works with my VPN. The problem with VPN's is that when people are connected to a server, everybody connected to that server has the same IP address and when the streaming services see that, they blacklist it. The SOLUTION is a VPN with a Dedicated IP. I have a USA & Canada Dedicated IP and can access both while using AnyStream.
That’s nice . But you are not OP. I have been dealing with issues similar to this for years but very few times. As soon as Disney detects a VPN, it will reject it and go back to the country to where you paid your bill.

I have an ad-free subscription. I believe last time I got it to work I uninstalled AS, deleted cache, reinstalled AS. I will try that again after some zzz...
Deleting the cache will not help you that only helps AMAZON. The rest of the programs do not rely on the cache file.

As soon as Disney detects a VPN, it will reject it and go back to the country to where you paid your bill.

That is what is weird about it, I can't even access Disney+ with VPN on with AS+. But in Firefox, Chrome and the competitor it work just fine. And I understand that Disney+ detects VPN, I've been sent back to my home country a few times, but I just switch VPN server and all is good again, I can't even get to that point in AS+.

For example using Netflix with VPN works:
VPN off -> start AS -> log into NF -> NF USA -> close AS -> VPN on -> open AS -> NF (other country)

Yet with Disney+:
VPN off -> start AS -> log into D+ -> D+ USA -> close AS -> VPN on -> open AS -> D+ USA
Notice how with AS it always redirects me to my home country, but at the same time, through the browser I am connected to whatever country I have the VPN set to. Also, if I try to log out of Disney+ with VPN on it gives me this error: "Provider setup failed"

If I try another way:
VPN off -> start AS -> log out of D+ -> close AS -> VPN on -> open AS -> log into D+ -> Error: "login failed"

Last edited:
Make life easier on yourself if you must go out of the region, use a Residential Proxy. ;)

Make life easier on yourself if you must go out of the region, use a Residential Proxy. ;)

While that might work, I think there is still something fishy going on with AS and D+ with VPN. I'll keep trying and report my findings ...
Only reason I wanted to get AS working with D+/VPN is that the bloated competitor is suuuuper slooooow compared to AS :LOL:

well, what works for D+ US dont mean it will work with D+ ITA or D+ NOR or any other and vice versa. funny story, related and on topic IMHO. i tried what all the kids are talking about on the interwebs and facetoks. find a service in a country where service is 5x cheaper than the country of your residence, open VPN, subscribe for peanuts, and use the service (not sure if login will work for the resident country as well, but i guess some should e.g. netflix).

i tried subbing to MAX where it costs a mere 7$ a month instead what... 16$ in the US, where i up until a month ago had a susbcription with. found a VPN server in the country, connected but i kept getting 'sorry MAX not in your region'. i was trying to access MAX before firing up VPN so i cleareed cookies in my browser, but nope. switched server and i was able to get to MAX create account page. unfortunately none of my paypals went thru since MAX kept saying 'sorry we cant accept that payment method' which is really weird, since both paypals work for subbing all over the world but f it in this particulay country for this particular provider it doesnt. as for VPNing... i never had luck with AP GER with my VPN. it always knows im connected via VPN. AP UK? not a single problem. ever (thus far, fingers crossed). same with TUBI which is a US service. and free, to add insult to injury. that free service always knows im on VPN. a free service! lol. but then i roll the clock back 6hrs and it works, but yeah.

what works in country A with provider X does not mean it will work in country B with same provider X. which is understandable, since although same corpo, different managements. some are stricter, some are laxer (lol), and probably due to laws and sheeit as well.

Deleting the cache will not help you that only helps AMAZON. The rest of the programs do not rely on the cache file.
So how does AS store login information between sessions? And is there any way to delete that? I ask because, I think I remember when VPN worked with Disney+ and AS. You probably don't remember but I upgraded my system from Win7 to Win10 some months ago. The first time I used Disney+ on AS was with a VPN and it was after upgrading to Win10 and it worked, I downloaded a handful of movies from D+ Australia. But the next time I tried, it no longer worked and still cannot get it to work. I also could never get it to work when I was on Win7.

Last edited:
So how does AS store login information between sessions?
Registry

Code:
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\RedFox\AnyStream\Media

Switching VPN on and off with running applications can cause all sorts of issues because Windows caches this and that and Programs get confused ...
Advice: Boot, clear as many caches as you can, start VPN, leave it on until you log off

Registry

Code:

Switching VPN on and off with running applications can cause all sorts of issues because Windows caches this and that and Programs get confused ...
Advice: Boot, clear as many caches as you can, start VPN, leave it on until you log off
Thanks cartman0208. Help appreciated.

Registry

Code:

Thank you!!! That worked... after some trial and error I was finally able to log into D+ Australia. I will try to reproduce the steps again and then post them here so that others can also try it. The two movies that I downloaded (Stuck on You and Corky Romano) are not available in D+ USA, only in other countries like Canada and Australia. I choose Australia because I don't get booted to my home country as often as Canada.

Clipboard Image (27 October 2023).png

What's crazy is that now, even with VPN off, Disney+ still goes to Australia :LOL: - and I can still download titles from there. That is after I closed AS, turned off VPN and restarted AS. I though it would go back to USA.

I'm watching this thread with interest. I've had exactly the same type of results using Disney+ -> got into Canada once only via VPN and then can't replicate that! Tried many times.

This key "\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\RedFox\AnyStream\Media" -> can I delete this from the registry to reset Anystream??

PS - Can anyone recommend a smartproxy service that has a dropdown box for regions for Disney+

Many sites say that the best region for Disney+ is the USA - but that no longer is true! I'd like to be able to access Disney+ in the UK, Canada, Oz, Germany, France Singapore to name a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back