• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not a RedFox Issue Troubles with Disney+ and VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the steps on how I got AnyStream to work with Disney+ and VPN (NordVPN). YMMV...

Please note that you should only do this if you are comfortable editing the registry. Do not modify or delete anything else other than what is listed in the steps. If your computer blows up, do not blame me, use at your own risk :)
  1. VPN off
  2. Open AnyStream and log into Disney+
  3. Close AnyStream
  4. VPN on
  5. Open AnyStream and make sure the Disney+ tab is opened
  6. Open RegEdit and go to \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\RedFox\AnyStream\Media\Disney
  7. Right click on "Cache", click on modify, delete "Value data" and click OK - see illustration below
  8. Log out of Disney+ and log back in and now you should be in the country your VPN is set to
  9. Once you are done with you session, make sure to log out of Disney+ while your VPN is still on, otherwise it may cause login issues ("Provider setup failed", Error: "login failed")
as-regedit.gif
(this image should be animated)

The above may work with Disney but it will not work with Amazon or some other providers.

You are selectively misquoting your own thread from 7 months ago. You were told that no work is planned to make VPNs better. The thread was subsequently closed.
I got a DM from one of the mods (I am not gonna quote it, since it was a DM and therefore is probably meant to be private), but that DM stated that the developers were made aware of the issue.

Before claiming stuff you do not know, it is better to ask first ...

The developers may be aware of it, but there’s nothing they can do about a blocked VPN.

The developers may be aware of it, but there’s nothing they can do about a blocked VPN.
I wrote "I have been told that the Anystream developers are aware of the problem." in my original post. I have been accused of "selectively misquoting my thread". This suggestion is flat-out wrong (and I can prove it). I never made any claims in this thread as to whether devs can or cannot do something about the issue. I only claimed they are aware of it. No further discussion required.

Perhaps I should close this thread as its gone way off topic.l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back