• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Token System question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tm_142

Hi

first of all i want to say thank you for so many great products.
I have a little question:
Anystream has this token system to make sure nobody loads to much and get banned. But why is this „limitation“ globally set and not per provider? Because i downloaded my series i bought from ap and then i wanted to download a season from D+ and i cant download the whole season because of this restriction.
Do i understood something wrong or is it technically not possible to set the limit per provider? Because i don’t think i get banned from D+ when i load something after i downloaded many titles from AP.

I hope you understand what i want to ask :)

and again: this is no critic i only asked me why this is set globaly.

Hi

first of all i want to say thank you for so many great products.
I have a little question:
Anystream has this token system to make sure nobody loads to much and get banned. But why is this „limitation“ globally set and not per provider? Because i downloaded my series i bought from ap and then i wanted to download a season from D+ and i cant download the whole season because of this restriction.
Do i understood something wrong or is it technically not possible to set the limit per provider? Because i don’t think i get banned from D+ when i load something after i downloaded many titles from AP.

I hope you understand what i want to ask :)

and again: this is no critic i only asked me why this is set globaly.
Once people overdo the download, you will be banned from your provider, there is a limitation. This is set limitation of the program. No one needs more than this. The program gives you another download every 35 minutes.

Last edited:
I have the same question.
The locking is correct and its very good AnyStream cares about it.

But why am I blocked from AP when I "overloaded" "only" NF or D+.
This does not make sense for mee too, or is there another technical background?
AP, NF, D+ should not share traffic of a user, or link their accounts, or do they?

What do you want to say with this?

That is the answer provided by RedFox1. I just thought I would quote it in case you missed it.

It appears as if that is the answer. The program limits you to 100 tokens for all providers combined. They don't seem inclined to change this PER provider. Probably a major redesign required for that.

I understand the reason why they put the download limit in AnyStream, but that doesn't mean it's not an arbitrary and bullshit reason. In it's current model, it's only going to get more ridiculous as other providers are added (if any).

I understand the reason why they put the download limit in AnyStream, but that doesn't mean it's not an arbitrary and bullshit reason. In its current model, it's only going to get more ridiculous as other providers are added (if any).
Sorry. Try to enjoy the program as is. Thanks for your support. The download limit, as far as I know, will stay as it is.

Last edited:
Can we lock this thread ? Same question and arguments seem to pop up over and over again.

My opinion is probably irrelevant ... but 40 D/L PER DAY seems very reasonable. But all that aside, the developers, who OWN the software, has made this decision. BEFORE you purchased the license, you had to agree that you knew this restriction. No one twisted your arm, called you names, or otherwise coerced you into purchasing the software. To come back afterwards and start complaining about the restriction, IMO is BS on your part. I mean, 280 D/Ls per week is 1,120 D/Ls per month. In 6 months, that gives you over 6,700 D/Ls. Not counting TV Series, that's a whole lot of movies no matter how many providers (currently 3) are available. Peace ...

OB

To come back afterwards and start complaining about the restriction, IMO is BS on your part.

...are we reading different posts? I thought they were asking quite nicely. And it's a reasonable question IMO—it seems like a per-provider limit would make more sense. (But, the limit is so high, I can't imagine I'd ever come close anyway.)

Edit: Whoops, I missed a recent post. :)

The odds of getting banned from your provider is very very low. I've downloaded 2 to 3 seasons on queue at a time on Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime and have been doing it for close to 5 years with zero problems. It could be because the service I had been using downloads or may I say records in real time but I've had recordings going non stop 24 hours a day more times than I can count. I recently just purchased this service so IDK about the possibility of being banned using this service though.

Last edited:
The odds of getting banned from your provider is very very low. I've downloaded 2 to 3 seasons on queue at a time on Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime and have been doing it for close to 5 years with zero problems. It could be because the service I had been using downloads or may I say records in real time but I've had recordings going non stop 24 hours a day more times than I can count. I recently just purchased this service so IDK about the possibility of being banned using this service though.

One or 2 "fleas" on a dog won't cause it to scratch, but get enough of them and eventually the dog will take notice.

My point being is that ,in my opinion, we should all exercise caution and good judgement for ourselves and others.

One or 2 "fleas" on a dog won't cause it to scratch, but get enough of them and eventually the dog will take notice.

My point being is that ,in my opinion, we should all exercise caution and good judgement for ourselves and others.
I see your point but being banned is not going to happen, to me all this ban talk is striking fear into others. I don't know if over doing it will get you banned using this service or not but like I said the other service I use records in real time and I've recorded 24 hours straight non stop on many occasions for the past 5 years and I know many people that has also, I never heard of any ban talk until following this forum.

Last edited:
I see your point but being banned is not going to happen, to me all this ban talk is striking fear into others.

I don't think you (or anyone) can guarantee there would never be bans anymore than I can promise there would be. However I respect your opinion and we will just have to agree to disagree.

I see your point but being banned is not going to happen, to me all this ban talk is striking fear into others. I don't know if overdoing it will get you banned using this service or not but like I said the other service I use records in real-time and I've recorded 24 hours straight non stop on many occasions for the past 5 years and I know many people that has also, I never heard of any ban talk until following this forum.
We do not want to strike fear into anyone. We are not those types of people. We just want to make sure that your investment in our program is secure for many many years. I know that Amazon is constantly collecting data and making new algorithms, to see how many people watched and finished the movies that are offered. Have you noticed when you download a movie it only looks like you watched it for 20 minutes? If this happens on a larger scale they will notice, our program is a true downloader, not a screen reader. This was not something we did without a lot of discussions. Thanks for your support.

We do not want to strike fear into anyone. We are not those types of people. We just want to make sure that your investment in our program is secure for many many years. I know that Amazon is constantly collecting data and making new algorithms, to see how many people watched and finished the movies that are offered. Have you noticed when you download a movie it only looks like you watched it for 20 minutes? If this happens on a larger scale they will notice, our program is a true downloader, not a screen reader. This was not something we did without a lot of discussions. Thanks for your support.
Yeah I just started to notice movies and tv shows appeared to be watched for 20 minutes or so using this service and yes that does look very suspicious but recording content you have paid to have access to is not illegal, what's illegal is distributing what you've recorded and the providers have no way of knowing people are distributing what they have downloaded, that's how PlayOn has survived in the mainstream for so long, they have been getting reviews on major websites. I guess there loophole is to tag the users email and ip address at the beginning and end of each recording as to make people not want to distribute the show or movie but Avidemux can edit those tags out in a matter of seconds. This service is a whole different ball game though because it's not screen capture and for whatever reason screen capture does not break drm rules but seeing how this software works I will use caution. I like this service better because it gives lossless quality.

Last edited:
Yeah I just started to notice movies and tv shows appeared to be watched for 20 minutes or so using this service and yes that does look very suspicious but recording content you have paid to have access to is not illegal, what's illegal is distributing what you've recorded and the providers have no way of knowing people are distributing what they have downloaded, that's how PlayOn has survived in the mainstream for so long, they have been getting reviews on major websites. I guess there loophole is to tag the users email and ip address at the beginning and end of each recording as to make people not want to distribute the show or movie but Avidemux can edit those tags out in a matter of seconds. This service is a whole different ball game though because it's not screen capture and for whatever reason screen capture does not break drm rules but seeing how this software works I will use caution. I like this service better because it gives lossless quality.
Thank you for your kind words, we have the absolute best developers in the world here, yes you can say I am biased, but the quality of our program is second to none. I really appreciate your business and your input. Enjoy the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back