• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Token System question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say ... what a bunch of whiny babies ... you knew when you bought the product that it had limits. Put your request on the suggestion list then stop whining. This is a great product and with the exception of a few a great forum.
Be nice, some of the members do not understand, and the ones that do, are really okay with it. Remember not everyone who bought the program is not on the forum, and maybe you are right, but we are very happy they are customers and they support the project. In my mind, I think the limit is plenty for anyone. But my idea is not the end-all and be-all. I don't mind if people have to speak their minds They just have to do it in a friendly manner, and say it once, don't keep on with it.

have a quick question about tokens. when do they reset? sunday at midnight? which time zone? they are per week, right? or? just hit my first limit, was trying to get as much as possible within the trial period on one of the prime channels, lol. still have two days left and a bunch to download, so was wondering. btw, if manage to use all the tokens allocated for the week withinin those two days, then i have to wait 30mins for one token, and if i wait 120mins i get 4 tokens, did i get that right? thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
have a quick question about tokens. when do they reset? sunday at midnight? which time zone? they are per week, right? or? just hit my first limit, was trying to get as much as possible within the trial period on one of the prime channels, lol. still have two days left and a bunch to download, so was wondering. btw, if manage to use all the tokens allocated for the week withinin those two days, then i have to wait 30mins for one token, and if i wait 120mins i get 4 tokens, did i get that right? thanks!
Get one every 35 minutes, but the trial has a hard limit, read this. https://www.redfox.bz/anystream.html
Especially the fair use policy
The trial it’s just to see if you like to program and it works well on your computer. If you like it please join our community and support our project. You get 31 downloads in the trial. Over 30 days. You get no more.

Last edited:
Get one every 35 minutes, but the trial has a hard limit, read this. https://www.redfox.bz/anystream.html
Especially the fair use policy
The trial it’s just to see if you like to program and it works well on your computer. If you like it please join our community and support our project. You get 31 downloads in the trial. Over 30 days. You get no more.

already have a license. but am still wondering when does weekly quota reset? sunday midnight? also, if i use all of the tokens within first two or three days, i get one token every 36 minutes, right? so, roughly within 24hrs i get 40 something tokens, right? btw, this is also unlikely to be a common practice for me, but as said before when trying to squeeze most out of (most common) free 7 day trials, its bound to happen especially when dealing with tv series etc. on the other hand, since there is no batch downloading, im thinking of paying for a month of service (for now, prime channels only) so i get a bit of breathing space, not having to sit in front of the computer hours on end, clicking every episode lol. thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
already have a license. but am still wondering when does weekly quota reset? sunday midnight? also, if i use all of the tokens within first two or three days, i get one token every 36 minutes, right? so, roughly within 24hrs i get 40 something tokens, right? btw, this is also unlikely to be a common practice for me, but as said before when trying to squeeze most out of (most common) free 7 day trials, its bound to happen especially when dealing with tv series etc. on the other hand, since there is no batch downloading, im thinking of paying for a month of service (for now, prime channels only) so i get a bit of breathing space, not having to sit in front of the computer hours on end, clicking every episode lol. thanks!
As soon you reach the limit on a license, you will immediately start to get one token every 35 minutes, until the time you started downloading your original movies, then it should reset. You have a quota of 100 downloads. Whenever some of it is used up, it will refill at a rate of 1 download every 36 minutes. This amounts to an average of 280 downloads per week plus the initial 100. I have no idea when you started. I don't want to know either. You have to sleep sometime, it will refill, no one should be downloading more than this amount. The program was made so you can watch movies or show offline, lets say if you go away on a vacation where they do have internet access. Have fun, with the program.

2 hour movie is not the same as a 20 minute TV episode and is not the same as a 4 minute cartoon. Treating each one as if they are all the same (a single download token) is just plain arbitrary bullshit. Maybe accumulating time instead of units would be more well received.

Basically you can use the analogy of a video game arcade - you have so many tokens to spend on games. If you choose to play the crappy kids games it will still cost you tokens.

AS is not giving you tokens for Virtua Fighter vs Mortal Combat vs Skee ball, you choose what to spend your tokens on. AS doesn't ask, nor does it care, how you use those tokens. Maybe you should not use tokens to download meaningless content if feature length movies are more important to you.

Nothing in the design of the token system is arbitrary. The design is meant to obfuscate what tokens have been used for. They will never track "this many tokens for NF and that many tokens for AP" since it would allow for ad hoc tracking of sorts. Be glad that the AS devs have done more thinking on this than the average bear.

As soon you reach the limit on a license, you will immediately start to get one token every 35 minutes, until the time you started downloading your original movies, then it should reset. You have a quota of 100 downloads. Whenever some of it is used up, it will refill at a rate of 1 download every 36 minutes. This amounts to an average of 280 downloads per week plus the initial 100. I have no idea when you started. I don't want to know either. You have to sleep sometime, it will refill, no one should be downloading more than this amount. The program was made so you can watch movies or show offline, lets say if you go away on a vacation where they do have internet access. Have fun, with the program.

ok, to reacap then. we dont know whether tokens reset every sunday at midnight. they renew every 35 minutes, one token every 35 minutes. theres no carryover i presume. ok, good to know. but, we do get 280 every week, i mean the counter does reset every week, right? thanks!

Last edited:
No, correct me if I’m wrong but it’s 100 tokens to start with than 1 every 35 min, no restart at the end of the week

There are 10,080 minutes in a week. You initially get 100 tokens. Use them however fast you want. You then get 1 token for each 36 minutes that pass - which is up to 280 per week. So your first week, you could theoretically consume 380 tokens, but after that, only 280 per week. No resets, no additional 100 at any time. And, please correct me if I'm wrong - it appears that you cannot have more than 100 tokens at any given time.

There are 10,080 minutes in a week. You initially get 100 tokens. Use them however fast you want. You then get 1 token for each 36 minutes that pass - which is up to 280 per week. So your first week, you could theoretically consume 380 tokens, but after that, only 280 per week. No resets, no additional 100 at any time. And, please correct me if I'm wrong - it appears that you cannot have more than 100 tokens at any given time.
I will make this really easy for everyone. You get 100 downloads with the licensed version. Gaining one every 35 minutes that passes if you are under 100 will give you a total of 280 downloads a week. You subtract 10 from the 100 you have 90, go to sleep for 5 hours add approximately 10 back. You have your 100 tokens again. Please don't have any questions, this is as simple as its gets.

Reactions: DQ
ok, got it. although i understand the philosophy behind token system, got to say thats a bit too limiting for paid software. but, as i said... i get it. we all sacrifice a bit for the greater good, right? no one gets to download bajillion episodes/movies, hence both AS and we stay under radar, eh? thanks for the help. cheers!

I was actually in the camp of making it more limiting but I was overruled LOL
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I hade a dream last night version 1.1.3.0 was released with a bunch of new features and it was great! but the token system stayed the same lol

Nice, I didn't know you guys were in the business of fulfilling dreams. Let me find my list.....
It was a joke and I know your post was a joke too, I thought I would add a little levity to the forum.:notworthy::ROFLMAO: I think this thread has run its course , so now that everybody understands the token system I will close the thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back