• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

This thread is used to tell users if the movie uses screen pass or not........

gereral1

Goodbye Slysoft, hello Redfox!

If you have a troubled disk post a log and or the jar files to the anydvdhd forum to fix your disk....... Meanwhile you can do this while waiting .......

If you need movie extraction you will need to use the tools in the videos on my YouTube channel. I have in depth tutorials in hometheater101 playlist.

This is the link

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL6zS_8A86Kgj-Kp8kZ-dNdZu9rOI2aIP

This thread will be updated as movies WITH SCREEN PASS PROTECTION come out. I will be posting them in this post for you guys
Cause: screen pass protection or as some come to call it bluray playlist obfuscation (Below how-to)

How to deal with screen pass. Works for all movies.....

Symptoms
1. Redsoft lists duplicate or wrong playlist in speed menu
2. Player plays video in wrong order
3. Pirate copy warning messages appear during playback
4. Movie starts then goes black.

The instant fix:

This will help out 1000's of users until you can update the software as each movie comes out. This will allow users to find the correct mpls files to put the movie on hard drive or a disk with the correct playlist order with any disk that uses this protection.
I show in this video how easy it is to find and isolate the file in 2 min. No trying 100's of combos until you get it right. This is file based
and the software is free in the video. Enjoy guys heres the link.

If the mpls file is returned bogus then they are hiding them in CACHE files. This video will show you how to extract the correct file and overwrite the existing mpls so you do not even need to open mpls files to compare playlist m2ts sequences. Pretty sweet video enjoy!
Special thanks to KevinS72 for this info. He did ask how to find the correct mpls. I show you in this video.

The last video is using the cache file we found and running a byte by byte search on the original disk to reveal the factory mpls on the cd! This method does not require the movie on your hard drive! Just copy the original playlist off the Blu-ray with anydvd enabled and drag the renamed cashed mpls file into this folder. Many ways to the same result.......

The software used in this video here is the link:

http://www.alldup.de/download.php

Link to CACHE:
Code:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\CyberLink\PowerDVD14\Caches\PowerDVD14Cache\LocalStorage\2.0\BUDA

Reversed protection:

If you have multipul mpls files that call one m2ts file then set .m2ts filter in process monitor and when you press play and fastforward the movie 16x you will see the called m2ts file or files. (These are called segments). After you know the segment map use MPLS finder to enter the segment map as shown in the help video inside MPLS finder. And it should reveal the correct mpls file for movie extraction or playback until redfox deals with the disk. Or you can goto the stream folder and see the one big .m2ts file there. These guys just don't give up on this pointless protection. Cat and mouse games....

Rotty Dog has released a new version of MPLS Finder. You can download here. If you are not sure how to use this program there is a step by step video link inside this program to teach you how to find the movies mpls. You can enter m2ts sequences to find the main movie mpls as well. This m2ts section was added for those who do not own a purchased copy of powerdvd 14 or greater to speed up this process. You will need to send the fingerprint code by PM him on this forum and he will send you the key to unlock

(Trusted established forum members only! Gereral1 cannot provide unlock keys... Rotty Dog can only provide these!)

Check out this thread to download rottysoft MPLS Finder. Rotty Dog will be posting updates here...

Link to current version as of Sept 18,2015

https://forum.redfox.bz/attachments/mpls-finder-v3-3-1-setup-zip.27624/

3.3.1 fixed backgrounds color conflict with vb colors forced option.

If you have troubles visit the thread here to download. Thank you and enjoy!

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/new-screen-pass-protection-defeated.64323/

With 3.1.1 and later you can install over the old version and it will replace (same as when you install the latest version of AnydvdHD when you press the update button)

Last edited:
Not sure, everyone noticed, but did you know, that CloneBD can tell you if a disc has screenpass?

Not sure, everyone noticed, but did you know, that CloneBD can tell you if a disc has screenpass?
You saying that slysoft clonebd has this option? Or are you asking me if it does? To clear up this thread Im running my movies through process monitor with anydvdhd disabled and comparing results with anydvdhd enabled. If the play list returns a different playlist I will let the users know. I stay current on the latest blurays as they come out unless the movie sucks.

Hadn't noticed. Not sure how it helps AnyDVD HD users though and IMO it's rather pointless.
It pretty obvious 5 seconds after opening it in any 3rd party tool/player that the disc has Screen Pass (hundreds of playlists for selection is a giveaway)

Now if AnyDVD HD could tell you/remove it everytime, that would be helpful.

gereral1 - It's may be easier just to open the disc in MPC-HC and look at how many playlists are available, if its only a few then the disc doesn't contain Screen Pass protection.

Right Click during playback > Navigate > Blu-ray Playlists. Takes 5 seconds :) (might save you some time)

That's OK if one wants to spend 79 euros for a lifetime license.
I understand that Clone BD is used for more things then just finding if a disc has screen pass, but I like using Generals process monitor method. It's fairly quick.

Just tested out Guardians of the Galaxy Return 800mpls with anydvd on or off so this movie does not have screen pass protection. This is tested using my method in the video posted last week. This is tested not on a iso but the original disk. Have other movies to test tomorrow. Fury, Big hero 6 and maze runner. Ill post my results tomorrow......

What exactly is the point? You're going to go through all sorts of random "old" movies to see if they have screenpass? It's really not necessary as the forum lights up every time such a movie is released. You can be certain all those have since been supported by anydvd already.

Also screenpass protection is generally used by very specific studios in USA (and a few others in other countries). Get ready for a flood of Hunger Games 3 complaints :)

Last edited:
No offense, but isn't this thread more appropriate for 3rd party software? It's good that you're showing new people how to use process monitor, but it doesn't really need a post every time a movie is ran through it.

No offense, but isn't this thread more appropriate for 3rd party software? It's good that you're showing new people how to use process monitor, but it doesn't really need a post every time a movie is ran through it.
I agree, discuss it in 3d party software. Thread moved to third party software.

You call running old movies known to not have screen pass a good tip? Well the only good tip was how to use process monitor, the good stuff ended there.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Wow users on here are so tight. Relax...... Anyway Maze runner checks out the same mpls file with or without anydvdhd running latest update. There is no screen p0ass protection on this bluray disk. The output is 800.mpls

Just trying to refocus your efforts as this is not really needed :) You should also note that the same movie in different countries may use a different mpls and you are not pointing out what country your discs are from. Could just end up misleading some people when you report a disc that may actually have screenpass. Maze Runner is Fox, Fox don't use screenpass (yet), Guardians is Disney who also don't use screenpass. If you checked what discs actually have this kind of protection you can see they are mostly all from the same studio.

Wow users on here are so tight. Relax......

The info on using process monitor was very helpful. Nice tool and very powerful for other uses too. But like others have mentioned, just reporting correct playlists on the disks you have is not that useful as a dedicated thread. You should continue to contribute as new obfuscated disks come up in the future threads :).

The info on using process monitor was very helpful. Nice tool and very powerful for other uses too. But like others have mentioned, just reporting correct playlists on the disks you have is not that useful as a dedicated thread. You should continue to contribute as new obfuscated disks come up in the future threads :).
Sounds good If I can help Ill help out....

MockingJay Hunger games part 1 has screen pass protection and will not even play trailers. Just goes to black screen. The correct mpls for the Canadian version is 00302.mpls returned with process monitor using powerdvd ultra14 with anydvdhd disabled. This movie has dolby atmos and must be down-converted to from true-hd to ac3 660 with tsmuxer inorder to play on mpc of vlc. At least for me this is what I do because I do not use lav filters and stick with fdshow audio and video codecs.....:agree::clap:

general1 if it wouldn't be too much trouble can you list the files that make up mpls 00302. I too have a Canadian version but just want to be sure it's consistent with your results. When I ran the ISO through BD Rebuilder it came up with mpls 00001 and there are some variations in the file order between the two playlists. Thanks in advance.

screen shot

Untitled-2_zpsdaxlgt9z.jpg

You didn't state in your post which movie and region this disk came from.

I like the theme of this thread but it's not useful to report movies that do not have screen pass obfuscation as in the post just following the above post. Also, if you don't know by now, the latest AnyDVDHD rev is 7.5.9.0.

On Hunger Games Mockingjay: Part 1, this is the playlist from a US version with a correct playlist 697. Works with ver 7.5.9.0 with speedmenus.

Attachments

• MJPL697.jpg
    MJPL697.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
He's already told a few times now that there's no point in saying titles that don't have screen pass, that's like 99% of the bd's out there. Gl finding them all and their variants across all regions.

Guess he's not getting the message.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Hopefully he gets it now. IMHO this thread is very useful for obfuscated playlist problems with new disks but should not include any disks that are not currently a problem.
If someone has a question about a correct playlist from an older disk, that's fine. But there is no point in posting info about disks that no one is complaining about.

Last edited:
Ok guys if the movie has sceeen pass it will be posted. If not then it will not be posted from now on.

Ok guys if the movie has sceeen pass it will be posted. If not then it will not be posted from now on.

Hey, gereral1, you could create a sticky for the discs that don't have Screen Pass for the newbies that will come on here for questions and help.

That way, this thread won't be bogged down with the non-Screen Pass stuff.

I wouldn't do too much with the other potential thread (just put a few new Blu-ray discs in there from time to time), because I think that this one is much more useful.

Back