• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved The Young and the Restless (on Amazon Prime USA) not showing all episodes.

sabrina2001

Hi,

I'm running the [at the time of writing] most recent 1.6.6.0 of Anystream x64 on a Windows PC.
I want to complete my daily soaps and currently I'm on "The Young and the Restless"
Season 50 has 252 episodes on Amazon Prime USA via Paramount+
But it appears, Anystream only see's 224 as "Downloadable"

I hope I made the log file correctly so that it is helpful for you here.
Steps I did (so others can reproduce / also what I did while making the log file)
1. Open Anystream.
2. Go to Amazon Prime Video Tab.
3. Search "The Young and the Restless" on Amazon.
4. Select "Season 50" in the search results (the olders ones are no longer available to stream, this is the only one at the moment of writing)
5. Once the Show/Season page loads, Amazon displays 252 episodes for Season 50, but the download button on top says 224 episodes instead.
6. I then selected "File > Create Log File ..."

Additional Info:
Opening Amazon Prime via their app or in a regular browser shows all 252 episodes available (none of them have the "currently unavailable" so it should indeed be 252 downloadable ones)
I experienced this "only 224 episodes" problem on the last weekend too, when it was still 250 episodes available.
Since it's a daily soap, there will be a new episode added daily, but I assume on the start of Season 51 the current S50 will be removed shortly after, so I'm really hoping to download Episode 225-252 before that happens.

I hope I have added all the needed technical details for this issue.

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 3.58.02 PM.png

Attachments

• The Young and the Restless via Amazon Prime [2023-09-26].astlog
    995.1 KB · Views: 6
Sometimes we do have issues with shows over 200 episodes, but they are very rare indeed. The developers are aware of it, but the issue could also be caused by your VPN.
PS, you did everything correctly, thank you for the log file and I apologize for your issue. I am sure it may be cleared up in a future release.

I just looked at the default Paramount+ site, which you can access if you are subscribed via Amazon. It has more episodes but they sem to be in a different order in Season 50.

There does seem to be more.jpg

Thank you for your fast response! and I'm glad I did the log file thing correct.

However could you explain this further:
but the issue could also be caused by your VPN.
Do you mean my ISP (Internet Service Provider) ? Are there know issues with Spectrum?
Aren't VPNs those illegal things for hacking and stuff? If Spectrum is pulling one over on me here, I'm sure gonna give them hell!
And if so is there anything specific I can tell them - obviously I wouldn't want to let them know I'm downloading off streaming but if they are causing something here I'd like them to fix it.
I don't have problems accessing the episodes 224+ via chrome on my Laptop, the same PC and the Prime App on my Apple TV Box...

It has more episodes but they sem to be in a different order in Season 50.
Thanks so much!! To be honest, I haven't looked further into directly getting them thru Paramount+ because all I saw some weeks ago that the download dialog didn't start with Ep001, so I assume they had them missing there too (Paramount isn't really known for being a "Good" provider, so I'm usually going the Amazon route first.
If they do have them all however, I simply delete the Amazons DLs and get them there - Sorry if that sounds weird it's an OCD kinda thing, I usually like to get complete seasons (or better series) from the same source, so I don't mix and match two Download-sources...
hich you can access if you are subscribed via Amazon.
Yes, I know.
The thruth is, I avoid Paramount+ directly as much as I can. They are a mess (not Anystreams fault!)
The Apps are shitty and often time the quality is inconsistent... Thats why I got P+ via Amazon, so I atleast have the route thru Amazon (even using the Prime Video App on the TV screen is way better!)

Your logfile tells me you are using a VPN to access Amazon, that's why we need a log file to see what your issue actually is, but I do apologize I do think this is an issue with Amazon changing their page layout and we will adjust to it in a future release.

Let me make the developers aware that this is happening a bit more frequently than I originally thought. We will do our best to make this correction in a future release for you. Again please accept my apologies.😉

but I do apologize
No need to apologize! 🙂 If the log files says so, and I assume all-in-all they are correct you have to assume so as well.
But to add it as a personal note, I'm not. My ISP is Spectrum Business - maybe that's the trigger since home/private users normally not getting/using the business plans at home? [Long story about it, that's probably not relevant here]
But if there are additional reasons that could cause VPN-positive indication, please let me know. As in that case I will have to get on with Spectrum's (shitty) support and see whats going on there...
Amazon changing their page layout and we will adjust to it in a future release.
Yeah, they sure are changing a lot these days! But I do recall how a few weeks ago you all were speedy in changing the 25+ episodes problem, so I'm confident here too.
In the meantime I try and download directly thru Paramount+ - will provide an update here once I have all episodes from P+ for anyone just silent reading and having a similar issue.
According to their site all 252 should be on there too, so lets see what I have on my HDD later on :D

I will do my best to make this correction in a future release for you. Again please accept my apologies.😉
Thank you very much! Support here is amazing and I love Anystream!
If there is anything I can do to further assist, let me know (y)
If you need a second show to cross-check, there is "Bold and the Beautiful" on Amazon Prime via Paramount+
Season 36 has 250 episodes and also only showing 225 for Download (at least it's one more haha)
I'm not watching that however, so I'm not sure if maybe there are some middle episodes that are "unavailable" due to Amazon/Paramount itself. They just started Season 37, so I assume S36 will "shrink" in availablity soon.
Similar how just a few days ago the whole "Price is Right" Season 51 was removed and I wasn't fast enough to get the episodes for my archive ...

We will do our best to assist you, but I am afraid it may take a little bit, as I said my apologies.

Could you check if you can watch the missing episodes in your everyday browser?
If it's not available there (even though it says 252 eps), then AnyStream will not be able to download it.
I can't check it because it's not available at my location

Yes, they are available in the Amazon browser. Amazon changed their page layouts, and I believe they are still changing things so it would behoove us to wait until they are done changing things and then start to fix them, in this case, its a known issue with over 200 episodes, it's a relatively rare issue for something to have 200 episodes but we do run into it from time to time. I am sure Pete is looking into it.

Please try it with version 1.6.6.1.

Could you check if you can watch the missing episodes in your everyday browser?
If it's not available there (even though it says 252 eps), then AnyStream will not be able to download it.
I can't check it because it's not available at my location
Yes, I can watch all episodes in my everyday browser, the Apple TV App and (for testing) even the small screen phone app.
They are available. Sorry if I forgot to include that in a previous message, that I verified that as well before opening the thread here.
In the meantime, I'll took @RedFox 1 's advice and downloading them from Paramount+ directly. They are all out of order there, so I have to wait until the folder on my HDD is full, so see if I downloaded 252 episodes or less.
I'm going to work now, but if needed I can post feedback, screenshots or logs and test potiential fixes later this afternoon.

I subscribed to Paramount+ on Amazon even though I have the default provider also, just to test this.

Here's the requested log file on 1.6.6.1.
Did the same as yesterday (only opened Anystream, went to Amazon Prime, searched "The Young and the Restless" and opened the S50 show page)

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 7.47.01 AM.png

Attachments

• The Young and the Restless via Amazon Prime [2023-09-27 08.04am].astlog
    996.1 KB · Views: 0
Thank you so much, Sabrina. Our developers are trying to fix it. Sometimes these things take a bit of time. Again my apologies.

Back