• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Saga so Far (problems galore)

Salt, Priest (2011), Whiplash, Furious 7, The Losers, The Monuments Men, The Equalizer, Elysium, Dracula Untold, etc, etc, etc.

Wonderful. I will give those a try. I gotta buy Minions anyways. Will keep you posted as I try it.

Well I bought Ted 2 but the beaver (thank you for the correction) didn't say anything about cinavia so i just did a regular copy. We will see how it turns out.

Now the next question: I have old blu ray discs and I want to back them up but they're used and, probably, will provide errors during the backup process. Does Netflix rent out full copies or is it the "rental" version that has only the feature film?

It's not uncommon for rental discs to only have the movie. It's an intentional tactic to 'encourage' people to buy a retail copy for the e extras etc...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

It's not uncommon for rental discs to only have the movie. It's an intentional tactic to 'encourage' people to buy a retail copy for the e extras etc...

in that case is it hit or miss?

Pretty much, not all of them are limited to movie only.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Question: to avoid the cinavia all together and just make an exact copy of the disc, since cinavia is a sony thing, can I just get a standalone blu-ray player and not have to worry about any of it? So long the blu-ray player plays bd-r and bdr-dl? Is that a safe assumption or are there caveats?

It's not a 'Sony' thing, nor did I say such a thing. They are just one of the main users of the technology on their movies. No you can't just pick up a bluray player either, cinavia is an part of the official bluray standard since Feb 1st, 2012. ANY licensed player, whether it's a Sony, Panasonic, or an obscure brand of required to detect the signal since that date. The only way not to have to worry about it is either pick up a pre-feb 1st 2012 licensed player, use an unlicensed player (but those usually don't have menu support or at best bet limited basic menus) or play them on a PC with anydvd running. Those are the only options if you're not removing the signal.

It's not a 'Sony' thing, nor did I say such a thing. They are just one of the main users of the technology on their movies. No you can't just pick up a bluray player either, cinavia is an part of the official bluray standard since Feb 1st, 2012. ANY licensed player, whether it's a Sony, Panasonic, or an obscure brand of required to detect the signal since that date. The only way not to have to worry about it is either pick up a pre-feb 1st 2012 licensed player, use an unlicensed player (but those usually don't have menu support or at best bet limited basic menus) or play them on a PC with anydvd running. Those are the only options if you're not removing the signal.

So my buddy was right when he said just build an htpc and be done with it. What player would you use in that scenario?

Also, more fun to add to the troubleshooting: Just bought Ted 2. Was no warning from the beaver (both settings remove and avoid detection were enabled) about anything. Just did a regular copy of the disc. Took an appropriate, to me at least, amount of time and the previews ran fine. But once it got to the menu (im guessing where you select play movie or something) it is black screen and nothing else. No buttons work and no way to go back to the top level menu or pop up menu.

EDIT: opening the options menu to get to the control panel and then hit x on the "top menu" button i get a little symbol in the bottom left corner: Ø

Last edited:
As long as you leave the anydvd 'prevent detection...' setting enabled you can use any licensed software player like powerdvd or winDVD if you want full menu support.

As far as Ted 2 goes, you'll need to create a new thread, provide the needed logfile (s) etc... Different disc : different problem = new topic. If the beaver didn't give a warning about cinavia present, then why did you have 'remove...' enable, you're doing exactly what I've been telling you NOT to do. Don't enable that remove setting unless the disc has cinavia. But having it enabled won't cause the menu not to work.

As long as you leave the anydvd 'prevent detection...' setting enabled you can use any licensed software player like powerdvd or winDVD if you want full menu support.

As far as Ted 2 goes, you'll need to create a new thread, provide the needed logfile (s) etc... Different disc : different problem = new topic. If the beaver didn't give a warning about cinavia present, then why did you have 'remove...' enable, you're doing exactly what I've been telling you NOT to do. Don't enable that remove setting unless the disc has cinavia. But having it enabled won't cause the menu not to work.

Apologies, I must have misunderstood. I thought leaving it "on" left no difference at all; if the beaver didn't detect it. So, if the beaver gives no warning, do i open ADVDHD settings and uncheck that box or "redo the entire process" eg turn off the setting, restart ADVDHD and then redo the clone process through clonebd?

EDIT: or am I doing things in the entirely wrong order (again, probably a decade since ive used any slysoft software)? should I load clonebd first see if it detects then load ADVDHD?

From my (limited) experience with CloneBD to date (former BD Rebuilder user) you should always launch AnyDVDHD first, then CloneBD in that order. Then click the arrow on the Bluray disc cover to launch the preview mode to detect if Cinavia is present on your Bluray original.

Raybo

From my (limited) experience with CloneBD to date (former BD Rebuilder user) you should always launch AnyDVDHD first, then CloneBD in that order. Then click the arrow on the Bluray disc cover to launch the preview mode to detect if Cinavia is present on your Bluray original.

Raybo
what do you mean to click the arrow on the disc cover?

There is a right arrow centered (on my) Bluray disc cover image which I click on to launch Preview mode.

Raybo

There is a right arrow centered (on my) Bluray disc cover image which I click on to launch Preview mode.

Raybo
I see what you're talking about. Do you let it run the entire way through "on preview" before the beaver determines you need cinavia disabled?

The Cinavia warning banner pops out of the beaver after about 20 seconds of preview play. If you don't see it after about 1 minute, you can conclude the Bluray does NOT contain the Cinavia watermark.

Raybo

Last edited:
This is the process I tried this morning with Ted 2 (as an example). Turned off both settings "prevent and remove" and inserted the disc. Went to preview the movie by hitting the "play arrow" and after a little bit the beaver popped up with the watermark error. I closed clonebd, opened the settings on ADVDHD checked remove cinavia watermark and left the prevent detection unchecked. Then started the process to create an .iso image that I will burn later when I get back from work.

is that the proper method/procedure?

As I said a few times now, you can leave the 'prevent detection' enabled pretty sure it's enabled by default too. That one has no impact in CloneBD. When the beaver alerts, you enable the remove one.

But yes what you did should work

As I said a few times now, you can leave the 'prevent detection' enabled pretty sure it's enabled by default too. That one has no impact in CloneBD. When the beaver alerts, you enable the remove one.

But yes what you did should work

i remember your post: prevent you can always leave enabled but only enable the remove when the beaver says so. i was just doing this procedure as a test because if it doesnt work in the ps4 something else is going on.

Just had a successful write to an .mkv file for a movie that I purchased. Had to use the original disc to do so, though, however, would not work from iso. was getting some interesting errors at the beginning before hitting play preview or next for target; missing sectors and some other odd stuff. Bout to let you know how it goes.

Back