• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Saga so Far (problems galore)

astrogameguy

After creating an account, after verified purchases of both ADVDHD and CBD, on this forum I didn't have any privileges to post, access or do anything. So I contact support. The reply after I wake up this morning was "sorry your account didn't meet the membership requirements and it was removed." So I sent an email and got that taken care of; and here we are. Now on to the real problem I am experienced; searching is so convoluted it's hard to find right info.

I have the newest ADVDHD and CBD version downloaded and installed. Go to rip to iso a copy of Jurassic World (no worries. I own it. I am backup OCD. Even my Home NAS has rsync archival) . Looks fine, no errors file size around 30+GB. Go to burn (using pioneer 209 and quantum bdr-dl at 4x) and it burns fine, seemingly.

Pop it in the ps4 and it plays beautifully for about 15 minutes then the cinavia box appears and the sound is muted. Crap. Go back to the menu, the cinavia box disappears and the sound starts working. Go to any point in the movie box appears cinavia. Well darnit. Do some research: "ah, there is a check box on ADVDHD that removes that watermark while simultaneously downgrading to AC3 for the audio." Well I have this copy of Jurassic World that is a 1:1 so ill enable that cinavia option, put this Jurassic World copy in and try it again. This time around the file size is a little smaller, since using AC3 for audio, put the disc in the ps4 menu option works and so does the loading up to everything. The moment you hit play, black screen. Nothing works. I have a copy of Minions. Ill give that a try. Using the same method, with the cinavia option enabled, I rip to iso to reburn to disc; 25.6GB thats a little small for a dl disc but ill use one anyways. Same thing. Menu options work but no video; black screen again. I happened to catch, after it burned, the number listed. it said was read 2.9GB write 2.9GB. So, I tried to rip the Minions to an mp4 file or even an .mkv file. It doesnt do anything. It has an eta of 25 min then after about 30 seconds it gives the "success, im done" chime and I look and 0 bytes written.

What am I doing wrong here. Did I miss a step? Did I just waste a bunch of time getting the ADVDHD and CBD (both lifetime upgrades) and a the new pioneer 209 burner? Or have I been out of the ADVD game for so long ( I stopped when blockbuster went out of business cuz I no longer had a continuous source of incoming dvds, obviously)? A friend mentioned I could not use the ps4 as a 1:1 cloned Blu-Ray player since cinavia is a sony thing; does that make any sense or is it just mumbo jumbo? What good is the purpose of a backup if you can't use it?

TL;DR Please help having issues but also read because I need to satiate my OCD and this is driving me wild.

After creating an account, after verified purchases of both ADVDHD and CBD, on this forum I didn't have any privileges to post, access or do anything. So I contact support. The reply after I wake up this morning was "sorry your account didn't meet the membership requirements and it was removed." So I sent an email and got that taken care of; and here we are. Now on to the real problem I am experienced; searching is so convoluted it's hard to find right info.

I have the newest ADVDHD and CBD version downloaded and installed. Go to rip to iso a copy of Jurassic World (no worries. I own it. I am backup OCD. Even my Home NAS has rsync archival) . Looks fine, no errors file size around 30+GB. Go to burn (using pioneer 209 and quantum bdr-dl at 4x) and it burns fine, seemingly.

Pop it in the ps4 and it plays beautifully for about 15 minutes then the cinavia box appears and the sound is muted. Crap. Go back to the menu, the cinavia box disappears and the sound starts working. Go to any point in the movie box appears cinavia. Well darnit. Do some research: "ah, there is a check box on ADVDHD that removes that watermark while simultaneously downgrading to AC3 for the audio." Well I have this copy of Jurassic World that is a 1:1 so ill enable that cinavia option, put this Jurassic World copy in and try it again. This time around the file size is a little smaller, since using AC3 for audio, put the disc in the ps4 menu option works and so does the loading up to everything. The moment you hit play, black screen. Nothing works. I have a copy of Minions. Ill give that a try. Using the same method, with the cinavia option enabled, I rip to iso to reburn to disc; 25.6GB thats a little small for a dl disc but ill use one anyways. Same thing. Menu options work but no video; black screen again. I happened to catch, after it burned, the number listed. it said was read 2.9GB write 2.9GB. So, I tried to rip the Minions to an mp4 file or even an .mkv file. It doesnt do anything. It has an eta of 25 min then after about 30 seconds it gives the "success, im done" chime and I look and 0 bytes written.

What am I doing wrong here. Did I miss a step? Did I just waste a bunch of time getting the ADVDHD and CBD (both lifetime upgrades) and a the new pioneer 209 burner? Or have I been out of the ADVD game for so long ( I stopped when blockbuster went out of business cuz I no longer had a continuous source of incoming dvds, obviously)? A friend mentioned I could not use the ps4 as a 1:1 cloned Blu-Ray player since cinavia is a sony thing; does that make any sense or is it just mumbo jumbo? What good is the purpose of a backup if you can't use it?

TL;DR Please help having issues but also read because I need to satiate my OCD and this is driving me wild.

Cinavia is a standard for blu-ray players after 2008 0r so. Not just sony. I make back ups with any dvdhd and clone bd. The movies you mentioned worked fine. However that was using blank bd. They play fine on my sony player using pioneer 209 to burn. I dont use mp4 or ps4. I make partial copy. Really dont need menu choices. Be paitent you will figure it out.

Cinavia is a standard for blu-ray players after 2008 0r so. Not just sony. I make back ups with any dvdhd and clone bd. The movies you mentioned worked fine. However that was using blank bd. They play fine on my sony player using pioneer 209 to burn. I dont use mp4 or ps4. I make partial copy. Really dont need menu choices. Be paitent you will figure it out.

As a collector, I really like having a 1:1 copy including trailers and menu options and all language packages. I changed the setting to disable ccinavia and the fox icon turns purple for a moment then back to red. Is that correct? I feel like I am doing something wrong here.

As a collector, I really like having a 1:1 copy including trailers and menu options and all language packages. I changed the setting to disable ccinavia and the fox icon turns purple for a moment then back to red. Is that correct? I feel like I am doing something wrong here.

Did you check to see if cinavia was detected by clbd. You just need to load the disk bring up clbd click on the move clips and let play. In about 20 sec or so clbd will tell you. Stop the player then let clbd take care of business. The icon fox should be purple if converting to disable cinavia. If cinavia not present fox wont be purple. 1:1 copy should react same. If ps4 plays standard blu-ray disks you really dont need iso..

Did you check to see if cinavia was detected by clbd. You just need to load the disk bring up clbd click on the move clips and let play. In about 20 sec or so clbd will tell you. Stop the player then let clbd take care of business. The icon fox should be purple if converting to disable cinavia. If cinavia not present fox wont be purple. 1:1 copy should react same. If ps4 plays standard blu-ray disks you really dont need iso..
Oddly enough, loading the disc into the tray and open CloneBD and hit play the icon never turns purple. After a few minutes of playback the Koala warns "this audio has a water mark and may mute the volume". After that nothing happens and the video continues to play through the player on CloneBD but never mutes the volume. Just the message "audio has watermark..." keeps popping up. Nothing starts from ADVDHD to remove the watermark.

So, I am missing something right?

CloneBD isn't a licensed player so it doesn't mute. The title preview player is only meant for previewing titles to make sure you've got the right video/audio/subtitle tracks enabled. It warns you that cinavia is present and that's all it will do. It warns you that licensed players such as powerDVD 15 will mute the audio unless the signal is removed.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Last edited:
CloneBD isn't a licensed player so it doesn't mute. The title preview player is only meant for previewing titles to make sure you've got the right video/audio/subtitle tracks enabled. It warns you that cinavia is present and that's all it will do. It warns you that licensed players such as powerDVD 15 will mute the audio unless the signal is removed.

I have ADVDHD enabled, registered, and the checkbox ticked for "remove cinavia" but it still doesnt remove it.

It only gets removed during the cloning process, not during title preview. It's a title preview player, nothing more. Now if it doesn't get removed from the CloneBD completed output that's a different matter. Remember, that checkbox alone is not enough, as the tooltip states you also must downscale audio to ac3 in CloneBD! (You choose that option on the last screen before you hit 'go')

It only gets removed during the cloning process, not during title preview. It's a title preview player, nothing more. Now if it doesn't get removed from the CloneBD completed output that's a different matter. Remember, that checkbox alone is not enough, as the tooltip states you also must downscale audio to ac3 in CloneBD! (You choose that option on the last screen before you hit 'go')

Right, the "remove cinavia" is enabled and, in the cloning to iso/disc the "downconvert HD Audio to AC3" is automatically selected when we get to that window.

Down convert is NOT automatically selected, it needs to be detected manually (the first time). You'll know when you've done it right if the anydvd fox tray icon turns purple during processing.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Down convert is NOT automatically selected, it needs to be detected manually (the first time). You'll know when you've done it right if the anydvd fox tray icon turns purple during processing.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk
I assure you, these are first installs. And I never selected it before (because I didn't know). After reading the info I found in enabled that tick box and entered through the process as normal and the second tick was checked "down convert HD audio to ac3". Should it be the third option down convert ALL audio?

Perhaps that changed then, I always keep HD audio. You could try the 'all' version but I don't think that needs to be done. Try the 'standard' option but keep an eye on the fox tray icon. It needs to turn purple during the cloning process, also verify you haven't inadvertently checked the 'patch software player to prevent cinavia detection' setting instead. That one patches software players such as powerDVD not to detect the signal but it do doesn't remove it in combo with CloneBD.

Screenshots of your settings can't hurt. The main thing is, the color change in the fox tray icon or the fix isn't being applied.

Perhaps that changed then, I always keep HD audio. You could try the 'all' version but I don't think that needs to be done. Try the 'standard' option but keep an eye on the fox tray icon. It needs to turn purple during the cloning process, also verify you haven't inadvertently checked the 'patch software player to prevent cinavia detection' setting instead. That one patches software players such as powerDVD not to detect the signal but it do doesn't remove it in combo with CloneBD.

Screenshots of your settings can't hurt. The main thing is, the color change in the fox tray icon or the fix isn't being applied.

When I made the change the fox changed to purple but then back to red. I'm not sure that it turns purple during the cloning process, regardless of destination.

Which settings do you prefer? I'll snap a pic of everything you need when I get back to a pc

Attached are the settings. Any other settings you want to see?

Attachments

• ADVDHD Settings.JPG
    ADVDHD Settings.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 17

I just read this while on a pc and looking at the settings and the "detection" is checked. But that is only for software players? Am I understanding that correctly?

Correct, that setting only prevents software players like powerdvd from detecting the signal on backups and originals with anydvd running that are played. It does NOT remove the signal itself, it only prevents the detection. That would explain why the tray icon didn't turn purple. You need the one below it, that one specifically states 'remove...' and so does the tooltip indicate CloneBD is needed :)

The right-clickability is amazingly useful when looking at settings in AnyDVD. Put the mouse of the setting and right-click. I highly recommend it.

Correct, that setting only prevents software players like powerdvd from detecting the signal on backups and originals with anydvd running that are played. It does NOT remove the signal itself, it only prevents the detection. That would explain why the tray icon didn't turn purple. You need the one below it, that one specifically states 'remove...' and so does the tooltip indicate CloneBD is needed :)

So, the setting is checked. Should I uncheck the other "detection" one? Would that prevent the icon from turning purple. Does it turn purple and stay purple?

The detection one can be left active permanently, it has no adverse effect on the removal of cinavia or impact on CloneBD. It only patches software players like powerdvd, winDVD, nothing more. The icon will only turn purple when audio is being downscaled. Do keep in mind to DISABLE that removal setting in anydvd when you're not processing a cinavia infected disc. The reason for this is that the current removal method has a small side effect with the background sound, an effect that you don't want/need on non-infected discs.

The detection one can be left active permanently, it has no adverse effect on the removal of cinavia or impact on CloneBD. It only patches software players like powerdvd, winDVD, nothing more. The icon will only turn purple when audio is being downscaled. Do keep in mind to DISABLE that removal setting in anydvd when you're not processing a cinavia infected disc. The reason for this is that the current removal method has a small side effect with the background sound, an effect that you don't want/need on non-infected discs.

So certain discs, to be played, as a 1:1 clone backup, in the ps4 have the cinavia? and certain discs do not? How do you know which one is which? So, the checkmark is checked for both, regardless at all times (unless you know the disc doesnt have cinavia) then you uncheck remove but, as you said earlier, you keep hd audio? You never downconvert to ac3?

Back