• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Saga so Far (problems galore)

Yes, since feb 1st 2012 its only the detection thats mandatory for licensed player. So far there's only 3 major studios that use it due to the massive licensing costs to be able to use cinavia on their discs and that's Sony studios, universal and lionsgate. USUALLY when the disc has cinavia, you can find the logo on the back of the disc packaging.

Cinavialogo.gif

If unsure, simply play a title in the CloneBD preview player and CloneBD will tell you instantly if the selected audio track on that title has cinavia.

DONT enable both at all times, you only enable removal when needed to. The reason is, perhaps you'd like to downscale audio at all times to make more room for video even with non-infected discs. Lots of users downscale always. If you have removal enabled then, the fix will be applied when it actually doesn't need to be.

Prevent DETECTION, you can leave enabled. REMOVAL you only enable when needed.

and yes, i never downconvert. For my personal reason that 1) i only do BD25 full disc backups and the video encoder used is powerful enough to give exellent quality while keeping HD audio intact and 2) i don't have any standalone players that are capable of detecting cinavia. So i've got nothing to stress over.

Yes, since feb 1st 2012 its only the detection thats mandatory for licensed player. So far there's only 3 major studios that use it due to the massive licensing costs to be able to use cinavia on their discs and that's Sony studios, universal and lionsgate. USUALLY when the disc has cinavia, you can find the logo on the back of the disc packaging.

Cinavialogo.gif

If unsure, simply play a title in the CloneBD preview player and CloneBD will tell you instantly if the selected audio track on that title has cinavia.

DONT enable both at all times, you only enable removal when needed to. The reason is, perhaps you'd like to downscale audio at all times to make more room for video even with non-infected discs. Lots of users downscale always. If you have removal enabled then, the fix will be applied when it actually doesn't need to be.

Prevent DETECTION, you can leave enabled. REMOVAL you only enable when needed.

and yes, i never downconvert. For my personal reason that 1) i only do BD25 full disc backups and the video encoder used is powerful enough to give exellent quality while keeping HD audio intact and 2) i don't have any standalone players that are capable of detecting cinavia. So i've got nothing to stress over.
ok that makes sense. disable "remove" option unless the packaging has cenavia enabled (usually something distributed by one of those three studios). Now when i first enabled it the icon turned purple but i dont think it has turned purple since; then again, i havent sat there and watched it completely when ripping to iso for later burn to disc. is that something I should do? I do, definitely, see, when loading a disc, "this has cinavia enabled" from the koala but youre saying that i can click the "remove cinavia" to enable that option then leave the audio in hd format and dont downconvert and it should play in the ps4?

no that's not what i'm saying. If you enable that option, you HAVE to downscale for the fix to work. Even with that option enabled, the fix will only be applied IF downscaling is also being done. If you enable that option but do NOT downscale, then cinavia will not be removed and still trigger on the PS4. Perhaps it could be handy to check if the icon turns purple when CloneBD starts encoding the main title, and if it does there's no need to stay behind the PC. The icon will stay purple for the entire duration of the video title conversion. Then go back to the normal red when the next title is being processed and that one doesn't have cinavia.

no that's not what i'm saying. If you enable that option, you HAVE to downscale for the fix to work. Even with that option enabled, the fix will only be applied IF downscaling is also being done. If you enable that option but do NOT downscale, then cinavia will not be removed and still trigger on the PS4. Perhaps it could be handy to check if the icon turns purple when CloneBD starts encoding the main title, and if it does there's no need to stay behind the PC. The icon will stay purple for the entire duration of the video title conversion. Then go back to the normal red when the next title is being processed and that one doesn't have cinavia.
Understood. So, downconvert all audio or the second option (which i cant remember at the moment)?

either is fine. the only difference between them is that the "ALL" option would convert standard DTS 5.1 tracks to AC3 5.1 too. while the second option only downscales HD audio

either is fine. the only difference between them is that the "ALL" option would convert standard DTS 5.1 tracks to AC3 5.1 too. while the second option only downscales HD audio
So, seems like the second option is the way to go. So, heres the rub then: i enabled the "remove cinavia" option (the remove detection was still checked) and ripped a copy of Jurassic world (cuz i had just bought it and wanted to test all the new stuff eg software lifetime licenses and the new pioneer 209 burner) to an iso. then used the same drive (pioneer 209) to burn. the burn took a long time, as expected, and i went to play it in the ps4 and after the time stamp the cenavia block appeared and the volume was muted. i would go back to the menu the block would disappear and the soundw ould come back but any attempts to watch the movie and the block would appear and the sound would mute. since then, i have tried it, it's only writing partial sizes; like 2.9gb versus the full 25+GB-30GB+ ish iso file sizes. Am I missing something or have any of you seen this behavior before?

you say "Ripped" a copy to iso. but what's creating the ISO. The Anydvd ripper or CloneBD?

you say "Ripped" a copy to iso. but what's creating the ISO. The Anydvd ripper or CloneBD?
clonedb. open clonedb. select the bluray inserted then click continue. then click disc to disc then select iso file. make sure second option for audio is checked and hit "conversion" button. it does say, "this is not being transcoded" or something to that effect.

not being transcoded means the video part is being copied 1:1 because there is sufficient space on the target. I have noticed myself that at times where it sais "not being transcoded" that the titles where it sais that are NOT being copied over to the destination file/folder. That's a bug in CloneBD and you'll need to send in a bug report to help it get fixed.

In order to send a bug report when cloneBD sais "copy successful" but you know it wasn't successful hold the ALT button on your keyboard and 2 new blue buttons will appear. Click the one that sais to "create and email logfile".

Describe what happend, what you're doing, and send in the logfile. Then hopefully a new version will fix it.

not being transcoded means the video part is being copied 1:1 because there is sufficient space on the target. I have noticed myself that at times where it sais "not being transcoded" that the titles where it sais that are NOT being copied over to the destination file/folder. That's a bug in CloneBD and you'll need to send in a bug report to help it get fixed.

In order to send a bug report when cloneBD sais "copy successful" but you know it wasn't successful hold the ALT button on your keyboard and 2 new blue buttons will appear. Click the one that sais to "create and email logfile".

Describe what happend, what you're doing, and send in the logfile. Then hopefully a new version will fix it.
I see. So, I am planning to buy the star wars blu ray collection this afternoon and will attempt to back up one of the discs. Using the predescribed steps and see what happens. Think that is a good place to start troubleshooting?

It can narrow down if the problem is related to the specific disc. But the star wars collection doesn't have cinavia. Atleast not the one i've got.

It can narrow down if the problem is related to the specific disc. But the star wars collection doesn't have cinavia. Atleast not the one i've got.
ah thats interesting. It is the complete blu-ray collection. the on that is 89? i think?

89? This is the one i've got. Picked it up a number of years ago

Code:
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Complete-Episodes-Blu-ray/dp/B003ZSJ212

That one doesn't have cinavia.

You'll have to decide that for yourself. But that one shouldn't have cinavia either, released by 20th century studio and they haven't used cinavia yet. And as far as destroying the copy goes, what you do with it is not my concern :) though if you own a disc, we here consider it 'fair use' to make a copy of a rental if you own the original but it won't let you copy for example due to scratches.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

You'll have to decide that for yourself. But that one shouldn't have cinavia either, released by 20th century studio and they haven't used cinavia yet. And as far as destroying the copy goes, what you do with it is not my concern :) though if you own a disc, we here consider it 'fair use' to make a copy of a rental if you own the original but it won't let you copy for example due to scratches.

That's what I am curious about. Is there a disc, that we know that has cinavia on it, that I can use to test my setup and make sure the setup itself is working? I am not out to

Is there a disc, that we know of, that has cinavia that I can purchase to test with since I am not breaking any rules and just making a backup of something I own.

There's a number of them, but there's no list of them here on the forum. A simple Google search will let you know which one.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Minions and Pixels also contain Cinavia, which you can test your system with.

Raybo

Back