1. RedFox is offering a Xmas discount of 20% on all products (except upgrades/renewals), valid until December 18, 2022. If you are entertaining the thought of purchasing one of our products then now is the right time to act!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion The Nvidia 4080 GPUs will be released in November 2022

Discussion in 'High Definition Hardware' started by RedFox 1, Oct 18, 2022.

1. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Code:
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/40-series/rtx-4080/ 
    - 1,199.99 MSRP.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
    DQ likes this.
  2. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

Only $1199? I am gonna buy 2. One for my rig and one just to hold down my paperwork :p

whatever_gong82 and RedFox 1 like this.
  3. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Well-Known Member

They've lost their goddamn minds...

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

el Filou likes this.
  4. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

:):eek:

5. SamuriHL

I'll keep my 3080 til it dies at this rate. I'm not spending "1200" (more like 1500 once you add all the markups) on a card that was already expensive at "800".

6. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

I am screwed, they dont want me to finish the testing until Z790 boards come out, DDR5 and PCIe 5. I need something like this only with PCIe 5.0 and its not out yet.
    https://www.newegg.com/asus-rog-max...X9HffB2BHQCmBMEduQRoCecYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

7. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

Yeah MSRP for 4090 was $1600 and I see them selling on NewEgg for well over 2k some nearing 3k.

8. SamuriHL

Yea, I was telling someone on another forum that's looking to do a new build to wait until they can get PCI 5, DDR5, and an ATX 3.0 PSU because it will last through more upgrade cycles.

9. SamuriHL

That's exactly my point. MSRP doesn't mean jack s***.

DQ likes this.
  10. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

If' y'all want to amuse yourselves as it relates to GPUs, Tom's Hardware just put out a couple of articles talking about how "cheap" GPUs are now explaining that NOW is the time to buy. The comments are a hoot.

Clearly prices are beyond ridiculous (although they are slowly improving) and AMD is just a few weeks from a new release that I hope attacks Nvidia's "your first night in prison" pricing model. Obviously anyone needing a new GPU (like me) should wait a bit in my opinion. But I am going AMD again, Nvidia can bite me. My only decision is when and will it be a 6xxx or a 7xxx.

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  11. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Code:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1155749012...XiKbWONNCDsaot2k6hxiPLW84=|tkp:Bk9SR8SQ-9eAYQ
    Here is some highway robbery

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
  12. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

13. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

;). I can build two whole work stations for that price, maybe not with 4090s but with enough power to make 99% of people happy.

whatever_gong82 and DQ like this.
  14. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

That's entirely the issue with these expensive GPU's. They essentially at least double the price of your rig. I hope AMD gut punches NVIDIA with good prices on the 3rd but not sure I will hold my breath.

15. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

LOL and it's not even the TI version. Scalpers at work as usual

16. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

There is no Ti version, its the OC version and it is awesome if you have an ATX 3.0 PSU.

17. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

You cannot buy an AMD GPU in our line of work, it has no encoder, and only NVenc.dll will do the job correctly.

18. DQ

DQ Well-Known Member

Overall, AMD did well enough for me and it plays games just fine so I am OK to pay less for AMD even at a lower performance level. Nvidia can bite me.

RedFox 1 and whatever_gong82 like this.
  19. SamuriHL

Scalpers are going to get SCREWED this time around. And I'm happy about that. Because they don't have the crypto aholes to cater to this time, those cards are going to sit there with those delusional prices. Maybe a few people are desperate enough to pay that (morons) but the majority won't. This isn't the same as the 30x0 cards. So I genuinely hope the scalpers LOSE money for a change.

20. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

Not yet there isn't. There wasn't one initially with the 3000 series either ;)