• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion The Nvidia 4080 GPUs will be released in November 2022

Not yet there isn't. There wasn't one initially with the 3000 series either ;)
There wont be for a long time, when I ordered my reviewers card, I asked if I could wait for the Ti to review it, and they told me there will not be a Ti for months they still have 7 months of stock in 3090Tis to sell and they have also canceled the 4080 12GB and 16GB for a later release.

*cough*4080 12gb*cough*, you mean the likely upcoming 4070 12gb. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

*cough*4080 12gb*cough*, you mean the likely upcoming 4070 12gb. Lol

No, they had two models of the 4080 a 12GB and a 16GB, they canceled the release.

Sarcasm my senior friend (hence the *cough* parts ), i knew they had 2 models. It's just that the 12gb version had significantly different GPU and memory clock speeds vs the 16gb version. The tech community jokingly dubbed it '4070'. Due to the massive backlash, they scrapped the 12gb 4080 completely.

Sarcasm my senior friend (hence the *cough* parts ), i knew they had 2 models. It's just that the 12gb version had significantly different GPU and memory clock speeds vs the 16gb version. The tech community jokingly dubbed it '4070'. Due to the massive backlash, they scrapped the 12gb 4080 completely.

Ah ha, I see what you mean now, Nvidia never mentioned that in the review release they sent out. All they said was that the 4080 was canceled, actual production was canceled because they had 7 to 9 months of 3090Ti stock yet to sell.

If they want to release a 4080 16gb for 899 (I'll give them 100 for the extra ram) then I'd grab one. If they want to throw a 4080 16 out there for 1200+, they can f*** right on off.

And here I am with a GTX 1060 and a GT 1030, not the best but they work for me.

My current PC Desktop setup couldn't support a series 30 Nvidia card, let alone a series 40. My wallet certainly would squeal as well.

I'm still rocking my 1080A too. Scalpers prevented me from getting a 3090 ti.

If they want to release a 4080 16gb for 899 (I'll give them 100 for the extra ram) then I'd grab one. If they want to throw a 4080 16 out there for 1200+, they can f*** right on off.
Wait 13 months, I was chatting on the Nvidia development forum, and they told me the 5000 series will be 3 times what the 4090 will be, they are already in development.

Wait 13 months, I was chatting on the Nvidia development forum, and they told me the 5000 series will be 3 times what the 4090 will be, they are already in development.

Of course it will be $3000 and require a separate PSU just for it :p

I have solar panels installed @ 22kW peak. I think I'm fine -during daylight :whistle:. Guys - to be honest. This is insane. Currents in the range of an electric welder....

I decidedly don't need a video card that consumes more 'juice' than a server farm, thankyouverymuch.

A hefty GPU for video mashing would be nice, but the ongoing costs I can ill afford.

The only way to avoid this is with a proper ATX 3.0 power supply over 1000W.

Sorry buddy, but that article is leaving out the bulk of the info. This one's more complete. https://wccftech.com/nvidia-16-pin-...-graphics-card-burns-up-melts-the-cable-plug/

The PSU wattage isn't what's deemed the problem here, initial reports say its the BEND ANGLE of the adapter cables being to tight, causing the 12VHPWR not being properly secured anymore on the GPU and causing arcing due to the extremely tight tolerances on the pins inside the connector and on the gpu itself, and reduced contact area on the bpins because the connector is angled..

search on my link above for the line "PCI-SIG Internal Investigation of The Issue (Image Credits: GamersNexus):" and you'll see 4 slides explaining the issue in pictures.

Sorry buddy, but that article is leaving out the bulk of the info. This one's more complete. https://wccftech.com/nvidia-16-pin-...-graphics-card-burns-up-melts-the-cable-plug/

The PSU wattage isn't what's deemed the problem here, initial reports say its the BEND ANGLE of the adapter cables being to tight, causing the 12VHPWR not being properly secured anymore on the GPU and causing arcing due to the extremely tight tolerances on the pins inside the connector and on the gpu itself, and reduced contact area on the bpins because the connector is angled..

search on my link above for the line "PCI-SIG Internal Investigation of The Issue (Image Credits: GamersNexus):" and you'll see 4 slides explaining the issue in pictures.
You have been warned I hope your house isn't made of wood. :( My advice dont use an adapter cable, get a new updated ATX 3.0 PSU, Its part of the DDR 5 PCIe 5 Specification anyway.

Well the PCI-SIG (special interest group) that made those slides are the ones developing the PCIE standard, if they say that's probably the problem it probably is. Because if they don't know, i don't know who does has the proper knowledge to make that claim.

If / when I manage to get one (won't be soon, I'm not paying those ridiculous prices) i have no plans on using an adapter. Those adapters are a contributing factor, no doubt about that. If i manage to get one Corsair release direct PSU to 12VHPWR connector cables for select psus like my ax1600i that can handle the load. No sketchy adapter crap there.

But if you ask me, that whole connector is crap and needs to be redesigned or do what AMD is doing on their 7000 series. More standard 8 pins, not some flimsy small connector.

Well the PCI-SIG (special interest group) that made those slides are the ones developing the PCIE standard, if they say that's probably the problem it probably is. Because if they don't know, i don't know who does has the proper knowledge to make that claim.

If / when I manage to get one (won't be soon, I'm not paying those ridiculous prices) i have no plans on using an adapter. Those adapters are a contributing factor, no doubt about that. If i manage to get one Corsair release direct PSU to 12VHPWR connector cables for select psus like my ax1600i that can handle the load. No sketchy adapter crap there.

But if you ask me, that whole connector is crap and needs to be redesigned or do what AMD is doing on their 7000 series. More standard 8 pins, not some flimsy small connector.

I absolutely agree, the next-gen Nvidia and AMD card after the 4000series, will be even more powerful so why not futureproof yourself, I mean your a young guy, someday you are going to update and it would be best to go by the specifications. ATX3.0

Well more details emerge. Igors' Lab (a reputable tech source) put their teeth into this. https://www.igorslab.de/en/adapter-...hot-12vhpwr-adapter-with-built-in-breakpoint/ Their conclusions so far, its neither the voltage draw nor the PCIE 5 / ATX 3.0 being a culprit.

upload_2022-10-28_20-24-47.png

It's the damn design (build quality, wire gauge, soldering...) of that 12VHPWR connector that's to blame on those crappy 4PEG to 12VHPWR adapters NVIDIA!!! is supplying themselves. The slighest bend using that nvidia supplied adapter and the 2 outer 14gauge wires can come loose from their contact points on the copper plate. Sending all current over the inner 4 wires with the known consequences. Massive heat generation causing the cables to eventually melt and start a fire hazard.

Native cables (such as that one from corsair) should be just fine. But that whole connector is crap imo. I don't mind 4-5 8pin connectors if it avoids fire hazards like this.

Last edited:
Back