• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slysoft old version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlkc

I've been out of the game for a long time. I bought the lifetime Slysoft version few yrs ago... I downloaded the trial, installed and did not realized old Slysoft was gone and now I'm stuck w/ the RedFox trial version... I've tons of DVD & BD woking flawlessly using the last version of Slysoft. How can I re-install the old version of Slysoft AnyDVD HD?

Just install it like any other version. Just install over the top of the RedFox one. However keep in mind that sooner or later you will encounter both dvd's AND blu-rays that will fail to rip/decrypt.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

I've been out of the game for a long time. I bought the lifetime Slysoft version few yrs ago... I downloaded the trial, installed and did not realized old Slysoft was gone and now I'm stuck w/ the RedFox trial version... I've tons of DVD & BD woking flawlessly using the last version of Slysoft. How can I re-install the old version of Slysoft AnyDVD HD?
Newer Blu-rays and DVDs will need the RedFox version as you go along, especially any Blu-ray or DVD from the last year up to now.

But, you can get the last Slysoft version right above my username at the bottom of my text.

:)

thx guys. yes, I know I'll stuck with latest BD/DVD.

To be frank, I afraid to spend another 80 euro and don't know when another shut down comes again. if it's less I'll bet again but not for 80 euro...

thx again!

To be frank, I afraid to spend another 80 euro and don't know when another shut down comes again. if it's less I'll bet again but not for 80 euro...
It's a valid point, but in 15 years it happened once.
You can also go for the 1- or 2yr license and then keep reenewing...

It won't be less, it'll be more. The 87eur is the discounted price and cheaper than SlySoft prices ever were (that applies to every price btw). As to avoid potential shutdown, will they have measures in place to prevent such a possibility as long as possible but you have to keep in mind, there's an inherit shutdown danger purely based on the nature of AnyDVD itself. Movie studios don't like decryption tools that allow you to exercise your legal right to make a backup of things you own. They rather see you buying a new copy of the previous one becomes defective, that way they get paid twice.

It's a valid point, but in 15 years it happened once.
You can also go for the 1- or 2yr license and then keep reenewing...

Forget 15 yrs, happy to pay 80 euro for 10 yrs but even with 1 yr lisc I'm not sure anymore. I was told once it was lifetime and now...

It won't be less, it'll be more. The 87eur is the discounted price and cheaper than SlySoft prices ever were (that applies to every price btw). As to avoid potential shutdown, will they have measures in place to prevent such a possibility as long as possible but you have to keep in mind, there's an inherit shutdown danger purely based on the nature of AnyDVD itself. Movie studios don't like decryption tools that allow you to exercise your legal right to make a backup of things you own. They rather see you buying a new copy of the previous one becomes defective, that way they get paid twice.

thanks and I hear u. just wondering, all the folks here were paying 87 euro again and hope for the best?

and you were given lifetime updates for the lifetime of slysoft. We're not going to start the debates all over again. 80€ for 10 years is peanuts. You try living on 8€ a year to cover all your expenses. Won't last you long. Not everyone is a lifetimer again, but all the current customers rebought because they wanted / needed anydvd to work again, and because there's no match to it. Nothing lasts forever. We obviously want it to last the same length and even longer than slysoft did, but to be blunt there are no guarantees in life. Just as much as the staff can't guarantee they will never get shut down, neither can you that you'll live to see tomorrow (you might get a ruptured aneurysm in ur sleep). Then you'll see barely a few days of your lifetime.

It's a matter of if you support the project or not. AnyDVD just works.

and you were given lifetime updates for the lifetime of slysoft. We're not going to start the debates all over again. 80€ for 10 years is peanuts. You try living on 8€ a year to cover all your expenses. Won't last you long. Not everyone is a lifetimer again, but all the current customers rebought because they wanted / needed anydvd to work again, and because there's no match to it. Nothing lasts forever. We obviously want it to last the same length and even longer than slysoft did, but to be blunt there are no guarantees in life. Just as much as the staff can't guarantee they will never get shut down, neither can you that you'll live to see tomorrow (you might get a ruptured aneurysm in ur sleep). Then you'll see barely a few days of your lifetime.

It's a matter of if you support the project or not. AnyDVD just works.

Usually if a product that has lifetime support is discontinued, the customer still gets compensated by receiving a *comparable* product. I bought a video card from EVGA nine years ago with a lifetype warranty, and it really meant lifetime. When it was finally broken, even though it was no longer made, I was given a *comparable* video card. This is the way most people understand "lifetime warranty."

In your case, it wasn't so much your product was discontinued than your *company* was "discontinued," i.e. shut down. Some were upset because they later found out you weren't shut down at all, but came back and charged us all over again.

Yes, nothing is certain in life. But your line of business of making a quasi-legal product has *more uncertainty* than any typical business enterprise, wouldn't you say?

No product, legal or illegal, lasts forever. Windows XP was discontinued in 2014, and Windows 7 will soon be in 2020. That's why they were never given lifetime warranties since they were *expected* to go outdated. And that may be the case with AnyDVD. So, consider dropping lifetime warranty altogether and only give us limited warranty, like most other products. Just tell us upfront that the warranty/support only lasts 5-7 years or so, and in 5-7 years we will all need to pay for a new version. Create an half-price "upgrade version" of AnyDVD, just like Microsoft has half-price upgrade versions of Windows. You might end up making more money because (a) as you said, people would still think 5-7 years of service is a good deal, and (b) you would be guaranteed repeat buyers after 5-7 years.

Nothing but incorrect. SlySoft was very much shut down and staff lost their jobs. SOME of the former staff created RedFox and that's all there is to it. They won't tell you how much because they can't predict the future. Redfox could get shut down by the AACS-LA tomorrow just as you could get run over by a car and die tomorrow. We're not going to start this whole debating all over again.

There was a 50% discount when redfox started, you're a year to late to cry about it.

End of story, do your research a little better. Besides it aint "my line of business". I don't work for redfox. My moderator/translator position is purely voluntary.

Last edited:
Nothing but incorrect. SlySoft was very much shut down and staff lost their jobs. SOME of the former staff created RedFox and that's all there is to it. They won't tell you how much because they can't predict the future. Redfox could get shut down by the AACS-LA tomorrow just as you could get run over by a car and die tomorrow. We're not going to start this whole debating all over again.

There was a 50% discount when redfox started, you're a year to late to cry about it.

End of story, do your research a little better. Besides it aint "my line of business". I don't work for redfox. My moderator/translator position is purely voluntary.

If you don't work for Redfox, then you simply can't speak for Redfox, let alone defend them. I already bought Redfox and was using Slysoft for nine years before it was shut down, so I wasn't the one getting screwed here. Stop saying "they were very much shut down" because any grown-up could see that they "shut down" to avoid the authorities and they RELOCATED to find a more "legally-friendly" territory to base their business in. To use your feeble and disingenuous metaphor, anyone could get run over by a car, but what if you had a terminal illness too? THAT is the predicament Redfox is in. Would you give out lifetime warranties if you were in that predicament? My point is give out LIMITED 5-7 year warranties only and HONOR them if the company is relocated/shut down again. That would make the customers happier, and Redfox might even get more business from that.

I can speak for them just fine, that's one of my tasks as a moderator and I've got direct lines to the current staff. Something you don't have.

That said, yet more incorrect info. They got shut down by the Antiguan government under pressure from the aacs-la and the mpaa. Stop spreading misinformation and do the research. They didn't relocate either to a more legally friendly territory either. RedFox doesn't have a central location, they don't have a CEO and they're not a business either. They're a closed source project. They're not going to give out warranty cause there is no way to predict the future.

You're welcome to voice your opinion but first you need to get your facts straight.

because any grown-up could see that they "shut down" to avoid the authorities
Nope. There was no wiggle-room, no decisions left to make, SlySoft got forcefully shut down. From one day to the next without any warning. Just like that.
Don't know where you get your grown-up insight, but quite obviously, you were not there. It wasn't fun.

If you don't work for Redfox, then you simply can't speak for Redfox, let alone defend them. I already bought Redfox and was using Slysoft for nine years before it was shut down, so I wasn't the one getting screwed here. Stop saying "they were very much shut down" because any grown-up could see that they "shut down" to avoid the authorities and they RELOCATED to find a more "legally-friendly" territory to base their business in. To use your feeble and disingenuous metaphor, anyone could get run over by a car, but what if you had a terminal illness too? THAT is the predicament Redfox is in. Would you give out lifetime warranties if you were in that predicament? My point is give out LIMITED 5-7 year warranties only and HONOR them if the company is relocated/shut down again. That would make the customers happier, and Redfox might even get more business from that.
This is old news, we are happy you bought your new RedFox licence and supported the Project. That said, this has been discussed to death, so this thread is useless.

I can speak for them just fine, that's one of my tasks as a moderator and I've got direct lines to the current staff. Something you don't have.

That said, yet more incorrect info. They got shut down by the Antiguan government under pressure from the aacs-la and the mpaa. Stop spreading misinformation and do the research. They didn't relocate either to a more legally friendly territory either. RedFox doesn't have a central location, they don't have a CEO and they're not a business either. They're a closed source project. They're not going to give out warranty cause there is no way to predict the future.

You're welcome to voice your opinion but first you need to get your facts straight.

You need to get your reading comprehension straight, because what you said is exactly what I said: they shut down because of regulatory "pressure." So what was my "incorrect" info exactly? And that was not really my point. My point was and is that if they work in such a precarious business, then don't give out "lifetime" warranty, but limited warranty instead. That would make their customers happier and might get them more business.

I know you have a good reason for sounding so defensive, being in the kind of business that you're in. That doesn't mean you can't improve your situation. Taking the money and run and leaving your customers high and dry and saying "anything can happen in life" is just childish.

Nope. There was no wiggle-room, no decisions left to make, SlySoft got forcefully shut down. From one day to the next without any warning. Just like that.
Don't know where you get your grown-up insight, but quite obviously, you were not there. It wasn't fun.

Getting forced to shut down doesn't mean they couldn't honor existing warranties, does it? And if they don't feel like honoring lifetime warranties, then don't make lifetime warranties, and make limited ones instead. That's my point. This time, it was regulatory pressure that shut them down. Next time, it would be, oh, our dog pissed on our servers and we suffered catastrophic data loss. Why make lifetime warranties at all? Nobody does that even in legitimate businesses. Make limited 5-7 year warranties and HONOR them even if you shut down and reopen. The only time you can stop honoring them is when you are TRULY GONE FOR GOOD.

Dude, just stop. Seriously. Just stop.

If you don't want to read, then don't open this thread; very simple, isn't it. If you are a customer of theirs, then I don't know why this kind of discussion annoys you. They are in a shady business and we as customers have to watch what they do. Seriously, how much LUBE have you guys been using for you guys to defend them so vehemently? These guys are a HEARTBEAT AWAY from going to jail, in which case THEY would need lube for the "man sandwiches", you know that?? Oh, you think I use crude language? This is LIFE, haven't you heard? Anything can happen. This is how people talk in shady businesses!

There is no warranty with anydvd and there NEVER WAS and NEVER WILL BE. Getting shut down very much means no more updates. What users buy is (time-limited) license that allows software UPDATES, and slysoft honored the lifetimes. Owners were given updates for the lifetime of Slysoft. Slysoft sold you the license, SLYSOFT gave you updates. No more slysoft means no more updates. Blame the ones that forced the antiguan goverment to shut them down, being the MPAA / AACS-LA. They're ultimately the ones that took your license and your legal right away to make backups. They rather see you buying a second copy. RedFox also weren't going to offer lifetime updates, more research you havent done. It was the USERS that almost BEGGED for them to offer lifetime licenses, even though redfox very well knew it was financially a bad plan. The USERS asked for them so they GAVE what the users were asking for.

Going to jail? ANYONE in the decryption tools sector is, in case you didn't know. Fab lost control of their .com domain too. As to the lube, mansandwiches part. May i suggest you re-read forum rule 1. You're treading on thin ice. And Jon G. didn't open the thread. Consider this your first, last and only friendly warning before forum sanctions may be taken. Forum access is a priviledge, not a right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back