• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SlySoft Closed :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
doubtful, that would enable the instances like AACS-LA and cohorts to see how things are done and update the protection mechanisms. Then we'd be even worse of than we are now.

I don't particularly care to see it open-sourced either, I just want an updated *final* version of the program with the database integrated so I can continue to use AnyDVD!

techguy2k5
"I have hundreds of Blu-rays that I still need to backup in order to create digital copies for my home media server to host. Please allow your paying customers to continue to use this software without requiring access to an online database which you can no longer host."

This may have already occurred discretely. I have backed up 4 movies in spite of the OPD error, including 2 that just were released in USA yesterday and watched them through. Worked fine. IMO things will be OK with this combination until next generation of protection appears.

Hopefully by then either Slysoft or some as yet to appear group will fill the void. As I said before, this leaves a huge vacuum that will eventually be filled. Economics 101, a big enough demand will inevitably create a supplier(s). Not to mention the money to be made by filling that demand. BTW, it is legal in USA to make (1) backup copy of a CD, DVD, BD you purchased. So without this or similar software how can that be done??

Last edited:
Sorry to see a grate com. go under , Because the fat cats in government don't get there cut. I have had SlySoft seance the begging.Never had a problem with it. More then I can say for other company's on the web.I hope they find a way around this bull ruling. We all knew this would happen one day. Sad to say but we can thank one person in charge of Government now. Just like all the rest of the crap he has done to our grate country.
I am sorry for all the employees of SlySoft that are now out of work.Hope they find work soon in another company like SlySoft.

techguy2k5
"I have hundreds of Blu-rays that I still need to backup in order to create digital copies for my home media server to host. Please allow your paying customers to continue to use this software without requiring access to an online database which you can no longer host."

This may have already occurred discretely. I have backed up 4 movies in spite of the OPD error, including 2 that just were released in USA yesterday and watched them through. Worked fine. IMO things will be OK with this combination until next generation of protection appears. Hopefully by then either Slysoft or some as yet to appear group will fill the void.

The couple of discs I've tried to backup today gave "access to the online encryption database is required to decrypt the disc" errors. I've just tried it again now and received the same message. This is followed up by a "drive not ready" error when I click "copy disc". I have rebooted the machine and it made no difference.

I have backed up 4 movies in spite of the OPD error, including 2 that just were released in USA yesterday
Maybe existing protection mechanisms that AnyDVD HD already supports where used on those discs...?

Years ago dvd xcopy had the same fate. Everything was gone. The software continured for a few months, but eventualy stoped. I suspect anydvd hd will do the same. Im guessing dvds will work for a year, maybe. Blue rays for a few months and then all is dead. Remember quiet a few blu rays do not have cinavia. At any guess, slysoft is history as we know it. I will miss the great software.

It's fine for people to discuss sadness, anger, annoyance, etc, about this situation. It sucks. Plain and simple. The fact is, however, that this is about prolonged legal pressure. It's been around a long time. People, please leave the unnecessary and/or inflammatory political comments out of the discussion.

As long as the forums still exist the forum rules will be maintained.

The couple of discs I've tried to backup today gave "access to the online encryption database is required to decrypt the disc" errors. I've just tried it again now and received the same message. This is followed up by a "drive not ready" error when I click "copy disc". I have rebooted the machine and it made no difference.

I can't say where that came from. Here is what I get.....

Total size: 16884160 sectors (32976 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: SECRET_IN_THEIR_EYES_NA
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 46
Warning, OPD error: HTTP error 12007!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Added speedmenu!
Removed UOPs!

And the backup(s) work

Maybe existing protection mechanisms that AnyDVD HD already supports where used on those discs...?

Yep, most likely. That's what I mean. The existing Elby/Slysoft combo should work until new protection schemes come out that nobody there can no longer address.

Again, too many people need, want, or in USA have a right to a product like this so don't be so quick to throw in the towel. It will work out. If not these products, then someone else will create something new. The technology exists. Give it some time.

I can't say where that came from. Here is what I get.....

Total size: 16884160 sectors (32976 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: SECRET_IN_THEIR_EYES_NA
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 46
Warning, OPD error: HTTP error 12007!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Added speedmenu!
Removed UOPs!

And the backup(s) work

One clear thing I ran across was Screen Pass good playlists is lost. Without the OPD it isn't displayed. For a disc like John Wick, for instance. I'm honestly not sure how much of the AACS removal, BD+, etc, was also accessed from the servers, as well.

One clear thing I ran across was Screen Pass good playlists is lost. Without the OPD it isn't displayed. For a disc like John Wick, for instance. I'm honestly not sure how much of the AACS removal, BD+, etc, was also accessed from the servers, as well.
You can use my methods without the opd to keep movie only. Just need a licensed player powerdvd 14 or 15 and any new movies will work fine. :) As long as the movie can be extracted to hard drive your good to go. Just cant use Clonebd anymore or keep the menu. If you do not know how to do this third party forums screen pass sticky has all the info you need to continue using anydvdhd to extract the contents of the Blu-ray movie to figure out screen pass manually. At least this is what I'm going to do from now on until aacs changes then we are all screwed.

Man, what a bad day.

I had a bad day at work, and then I find out about this.

This really sucks, because like most people here, I've used the software for the last few years, (in my case, since July of 2006).

Thank you, MPAA/RIAA. Now, I won't even bother to get any new blu-ray/DVDs anymore.

You can use my methods without the opd to keep movie only. Just need a licensed player powerdvd 14 or 15 and any new movies will work fine. :) As long as the movie can be extracted to hard drive your good to go. Just cant use Clonebd anymore or keep the menu. If you do not know how to do this third party forums screen pass sticky has all the info you need to continue using anydvdhd to extract the contents of the Blu-ray movie to figure out screen pass manually. At least this is what I'm going to do from now on until aacs changes then we are all screwed.

Of course, and I always scan/check for the right playlist, anyway. :) But, I fully expect Speed Pass and playlist obfuscation, in general, to be made more complicated over time to make it even more difficult to figure out. I also expect PowerDVD and other licensed software players to be updated to make it more difficult for them to be leveraged as a tool in the process. I would say the vast majority of people simply don't have the know-how or the ability to learn to find a playlist manually. That and the lack of patience.

Last edited:
I just tried a (much) older Blu-ray, Behind Enemy Lines which did NOT give any errors. That's good, but I'm still left with many, many more recent discs that cannot be read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back