• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SlySoft Closed :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

We were not allowed to respond to any request nor to post any statement, but now it is official:

SlySoft has been shut down after almost 13 years. The official statement on the website (http://www.slysoft.com/ or http://h4.slysoft.com/) is kind of short:

"Due to recent regulatory requirements we have had to cease all activities relating to SlySoft Inc.
We wish to thank our loyal customers/clients for their patronage over the years. "

I am really sorry for that, but this is final. SlySoft is gone...

Thanks to all our customers and supporters for their loyalty.

Goodbye red fox...
Are people who haven't bought the key out of luck?
Or since we already have the software can we still buy a key?

While it's disappointing to lose the software that I paid for, I understand completely that Slysoft always operated under an unclear legal environment.

For anybody continuing to run AnyDVD, it sounds like we need to firewall the software. No telling who is listening on the other side now. What domain(s) does AnyDVD connect to? I know there is the protection database. Where is it located? Does AnyDVD phone home to any other domains?

Alternatively, if we wanted to firewall at the executable level, what .exe(s) need to be firewalled?

I know Tom can't respond, but maybe another knowledgeable user can.

Used it last night before I realized this went down, no problem with 2 new movies.......

I find it hard to believe all these years of successful work will just be chucked as if it never happened. Expecting this is not really the end, maybe as it exists now, but too much riding on it and too many people bought in to just pretend it never existed......just my opinion.

I mean this is just odd, all of a sudden, no warning boom out go the lights??

SlySoft February Discount

Used it last night before I realized this went down, no problem with 2 new movies.......

I find it hard to believe all these years of successful work will just be chucked as if it never happened. Expecting this is not really the end, maybe as it exists now, but too much riding on it and too many people bought in to just pretend it never existed......just my opinion.

I mean this is just odd, all of a sudden, no warning boom out go the lights??

SlySoft February Discount
Where have you been the last decade...
https://torrentfreak.com/popular-blu-ray-ripper-shuts-down-following-legal-pressure-160224/

Hi, I haven't posted in many years.

I run my slysoft software on a laptop that isn't connected to the internet. The newest version of anyDVD I have is 7.6.8.0. It can't burn a backup copy of my Downton Abbey season 6 set I bought.

I never play my professional disks. I burn a backup copy when I buy them and use the backups. If the backup quits working, I burn a new copy. I've bought TV series and movies where the professional disks may quit working properly after only 3 playings.

I'm 61 years old. I grew up with records. My dad had high-end stereo systems and hundreds and hundreds of albums. He taught me to hold them by the hole in the center and the edges of the record. Fingers must never touch the surface of the record. So I always hold CDs and DVDs that way. I am incredibly careful with my disks and do nothing that can scratch them or get them dirty or damaged. So when a DVD stops playing right--it is not my fault. DVDs are a fragile medium.

Is there any way I can get safe copies of the two most recent versions? I really want to copy my Downton Abbey disks since I bought them.

I purchased my first Slysoft software in either 2006 or 2007. This is a very sad day.

Pfft !
They've accomplished nothing, people will just move to DVD FAB or Make MKV...
Fuck UHD Blu-ray ! If they won't allow me to play my discs on the player of my choice, they can keep them and their bloody expensive stand-alone player.
I won't buy into know just to spite them ! :mad:

What's to stop Any DVD picking up roots and going to China or even just changing their domain to slysoft.cn ???
Bunch of dumb asses !

For anybody continuing to run AnyDVD, it sounds like we need to firewall the software. No telling who is listening on the other side now.
No worries about that. Nobody is listening:
1) WE shut down the servers, not an authority
2) All our servers are still under OUR control
3) Our servers are all ENCRYPTED

So relax...

I actually was in tears when I realize that Slysoft is gone. :cry:

Thank you for everything you have done all these years.

Yes thank you so much for everything folks, also thanks to all those that gave info and help.

Very very sad.

Shame it hit us, the good guys.

I actually was in tears when I realize that Slysoft is gone. :cry:

Thank you for everything you have done all these years.

Too much at stake, too many dis-satisfied owners, too much of a DEMAND for this product or another one like it, to just disappear. Slysoft as we know and love it MIGHT be gone, but IMO somebody will fill the huge vacuum created if the demise truly lasts.

Demand always creates supply, don't see why this is any different. The technology is there just need somebody to figure out how to use it. Saw open source suggested. Too early to give up.

Speaking of demand....

The irony for me has always been that THEY created the Market for the bad guys.

If the Studios had stamped these bits of plastic out with no encryptions, no Cinavia, no BD+ no CSS etc etc, then these bits of round plastic would have been reduced in price so much that there would have been NO market for the bad guys.

Who wants a fake if you can have the real thing for same or even very slightly more.

The way to beat Piracy is to remove its Market, i.e. its demand.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Mmm. Lost a planet, Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing. How embarrassing."

Sadly anticlimactic but it is what it is.

Thanks for all you did and farewell, Slysoft.

It's sad that the legal pressure has created an environment which makes it impractical to continue to operate your business. Special interest groups like the RIAA/MPAA are jackals, and the politicians that take their dirty money are corrupt. Thanks for all your efforts over the years, and thanks for creating a tool that allows us consumers to backup our media which we are legally entitled to do.

This is very sad day :-(

Thanks for the excellent product and friendly support over the years.

I don't know if you can write anything, probably not, but anyway I will ask: Please can I refer you to the thread

> https://forum.slysoft.com/threads/if-slysoft-went-out-of-business.60312/#post-389055

Where James wrote:

> IF we went out of business (we won't), we would release an AnyDVD version, which won't require the online database, so all existing discs at this time would continue to work.

So I want to ask: Is this the situation for 7.6.9?

Good luck to everybody from Slysoft. I was only ever taking care for all my own bought disks with this software.

I would like to see an official response to this. Does Slysoft intend to keep this commitment?

I have hundreds of Blu-rays that I still need to backup in order to create digital copies for my home media server to host. Please allow your paying customers to continue to use this software without requiring access to an online database which you can no longer host.

If by chance someone else continues AnyDVD or starts a new program altogether how would we find out about this happening? Would there be some kind of "alert" here on the forum that a new option is available? What would be the best website to check occasionally?

Will miss the RED FOX terribly!!!!!:(:cry:

Any chance that the source code for the Slysoft operation would be OPEN SOURCED? That'd enable another one or more entities to keep things going somewhere else...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back