• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

slow rips since updating to 8.0.3

techguy2k5

I finally bit the bullet and bought a license today and updated to 8.0.3. Since doing so, and with NO other changes to my system, now discs are ripping at only about 4MB/s where before (on last non-RedFox version 7.9.x) it would easily get into the low 20's on most discs. This isn't a case of miscalculated speed either, before rips would take 20-30 minutes and now they're taking a couple hours. Have ripped 3 discs in a row like this now, Insidious Chapter 3, Annabelle, and The Revenant all with similar results.

Have taken the following troubleshooting steps:
-Rebooted system
-Re-ripped The Revenant
-Uninstalled AnyDVD
-Reinstalled
-Rebooted system
-Re-ripped The Revenant

Same results every time. No other changes have been made to my system. I ripped 2 movies earlier today with no issues (Insidious Chapter 2 and It Follows). When I got to Insidious 3 it said it couldn't do it so I figured because it was a new movie I needed the OPD to rip it and at that point I bought a RedFox license.

I'm seeing exactly the same problem with 8.0.3.0.
Version 8.0.2.0 is fine.
Provide a logfile* for both 8.0.2.0 & 8.0.3.0 using a disc you have a problem with.
By a developer comparing the 2, it may shed some light on what could be the problem you're experiencing.

*see signature for link.

It's pretty clear what the problem is, James mentioned it earlier (driver change from beta 8.0.2.3 to 8.0.2.4, and thus official releases 8.0.2 to 8.0.3).

But only on the external's right.
If you or @hennlen are using a external HDD to save any of those testing rips on don't. For a couple of test's use internal storage only. Need to make sure there's not a bottle neck happening. May also want to check the USB drivers for any updates as well. It may not help here but at least you'll be current.
Also there's an 8.0.2.5. beta was last one before the 8.0.3.0 release. If your testing the 8.0.2.3. , 2.4. , & 2.5. beta's you should have it pretty much covered.

I understand this can be a little confusing to keep track of all the info since there's 2 threads about the same subject, but since no one was replying to this one I started posting in the other, and I've already addressed the issues you raise. I'm not writing to external media, only reading from it. Also, there appears to be no way to download anything older than 8.0.2.4 as all the links have been updated to point to it, 8.0.2.5, or 8.0.3. Basically, I can't get a copy of the software that still works correctly.

This is pretty cut and dry. 8.0.2.0 works (according to Paul Stewart), 8.0.2.4 introduced a new driver, and every version since has had this problem.

It's pretty clear what the problem is, James mentioned it earlier (driver change from beta 8.0.2.3 to 8.0.2.4, and thus official releases 8.0.2 to 8.0.3).

In what thread was this mentioned by James? Can you post the link to that thread for everyone reading this one? For the record, I have not had any significant increase in rip speed with 8.0.3.0 or earlier Beta's. I Rip from internal BD drive to Western Digital and Seagate External USB 3.0 drives. Most Blu-ray disks rip between 25 to 35 minutes. Full disk copy with no transcoding of any kind. This is normal for me.

Last edited:
In what thread was this mentioned by James? Can you post the link to that thread for everyone reading this one? For the record, I have not had any significant increase in rip speed with 8.0.3.0 or earlier Beta's. I Rip from internal BD drive to Wester Digital and Seagate External USB 3.0 drives. Most Blu-ray disks rip between 25 to 35 minutes. Full disk copy with no transcoding of any kind. This is normal for me.
Here:

You're right, but the driver had major changes (starting with the reboot beta test). And the driver is involved in everything, subtitles, decryption, ...
It *could* make a difference. I don't think it does (otherwise I wouldn't have released it), but it is possible. But a fresh driver instance is created for every drive, so they run imdependently without interference, so it should not have any impact on "parallel ripping".

Full thread link here:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/parallel-runs-at-different-speeds-same-in-the-past.69939/

Have uninstalled 8.0.3.0 and installed 8.0.2.0 and rebooted - WORKING! Sitting at right around 20MB/s now. I'll stick with this until a new version is released which addresses the issue.

Have uninstalled 8.0.3.0 and installed 8.0.2.0 and rebooted - WORKING! Sitting at right around 20MB/s now. I'll stick with this until a new version is released which addresses the issue.
Could you post a log file of the version you're using now so that the developers can compare between the new version and the one you're using now??

That might help explain what is happening to your system.

Could you post a log file of the version you're using now so that the developers can compare between the new version and the one you're using now??

That might help explain what is happening to your system.

If a dev asks me to do so, I will. Otherwise, I'll assume that since James (one of the devs) was the one who started us looking down this path in the first place due to the changes implemented in beta 8.0.2.4 and eventually 8.0.3.0... they know what's going on.

If a dev asks me to do so, I will. Otherwise, I'll assume that since James (one of the devs) was the one who started us looking down this path in the first place due to the changes implemented in beta 8.0.2.4 and eventually 8.0.3.0... they know what's going on.
After my tests, I will use v8.0.2 for parallel runs until problem is resolved.

But only on the external's right.
If you or @hennlen are using a external HDD to save any of those testing rips on don't. For a couple of test's use internal storage only. Need to make sure there's not a bottle neck happening. May also want to check the USB drivers for any updates as well. It may not help here but at least you'll be current.
Also there's an 8.0.2.5. beta was last one before the 8.0.3.0 release. If your testing the 8.0.2.3. , 2.4. , & 2.5. beta's you should have it pretty much covered.
Hello, I ran a series of parallel runs using AnyDVD v8.01 thru v8.025Beta. Runs were OK from v8.01 to v8.02 running about 50%-50% and 20MB/s for each run. From v8.023 Beta, my external combinations were 3.14MB/s compared to 20MB/s for the internal combination. I made these runs with the same Windows software. I also checked for any outdated drivers which there weren't. So, the problem is not related to an driver for my external setup since I used the same setup for the series noted!

i am having the same issue since updating to 8.0.3. Rip to image speeds have dropped from 20-35MB/s to 2-4MB/s.I am using a LG WH14NS40 drive sitting in a NexStar DX USB 3.0 enclosure. Ripping to external USB HDD or to local disk is equally slow. logfile attached

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.3.0_Info_.ziplog
    894 KB · Views: 1

Thanks, the problem is known an will be addressed. Log files are useless, they don't contain any information related to this effect.

i am having the same issue since updating to 8.0.3. Rip to image speeds have dropped from 20-35MB/s to 2-4MB/s.I am using a LG WH14NS40 drive sitting in a NexStar DX USB 3.0 enclosure. Ripping to external USB HDD or to local disk is equally slow. logfile attached
FYI pgcity. I am using LG WH16NS40 burners and THE same enclosures!

Hello pgcity, my runs were slow for all rips to external HDD starting at v8.0.3. All runs ripping to internal HDDs were around 25MB/s.

Back