• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

slow rips since updating to 8.0.3

Also using WH16NS40 (who isn't?) but a different enclosure.
I assumed you were using the Vantec USA NexStar DX External 5.25-Inch Optical Drive Enclosure USB 3.0 External Interface Optical Drives 14700365 (NST-530S3-BK).

I assumed you were using the Vantec USA NexStar DX External 5.25-Inch Optical Drive Enclosure USB 3.0 External Interface Optical Drives 14700365 (NST-530S3-BK).

I have a Bytecc ME-535 enclosure, it's USB 3.0 and has external power.

8.0.3.1 (beta) fixed the issues I was having with poor performance.

I have had the same sort of slow rips since getting AnyDVD 8. Installing 8.0.3.1 did not resolve my issue. In fact, downgrading to 8.0.2.0 did not either. I used to get 20MB/s+ with AnyDVD 7, and now I cannot get more than 6MB/s. I've even uninstalled AnyDVD 8 and installed AnyDVD 7, and still I only get 6MB/s+. Something was changed about the software environment. I do not know what or where to check, though. Any assistance would be great!

If you previously got 20+ MB, with v7, and now you don't you've just told yourself anydvd isn't the problem and something else is. Something on your system changed.

If you previously got 20+ MB, with v7, and now you don't you've just told yourself anydvd isn't the problem and something else is. Something on your system changed.

Right. That is what I meant when I said "Something was changed about the software environment. I do not know what or where to check, though." I am not aware of any changes. The change was noticed initially because I had ripped something with 7 at around 20MB/s and then within 5 minutes I installed 8, and started ripping something else. It was slow - around 5MB/s. I stopped it, and put the disc in that had been ripped at 20MB/s. It was stuck at 5MB/s, as well. I reinstalled 7, and the disc that ripped at 20MB/s was stuck at 5MB/s. That is the order, and just about the timing that things happened in. Nothing happened, that I can think of or remember, between the 20MB/s rip and the rest of the actions. I do not know what to point at, except that the problem started immediately after installing AnyDVD 8.

I agree that the fact that AnyDVD 7 being 20MB/s before and 5MB/s after would indicate the problem is the result of something changing. I am asking for suggestions on what to start looking at.

Right. That is what I meant when I said "Something was changed about the software environment. I do not know what or where to check, though." I am not aware of any changes. The change was noticed initially because I had ripped something with 7 at around 20MB/s and then within 5 minutes I installed 8, and started ripping something else. It was slow - around 5MB/s. I stopped it, and put the disc in that had been ripped at 20MB/s. It was stuck at 5MB/s, as well. I reinstalled 7, and the disc that ripped at 20MB/s was stuck at 5MB/s. That is the order, and just about the timing that things happened in. Nothing happened, that I can think of or remember, between the 20MB/s rip and the rest of the actions. I do not know what to point at, except that the problem started immediately after installing AnyDVD 8.

I agree that the fact that AnyDVD 7 being 20MB/s before and 5MB/s after would indicate the problem is the result of something changing. I am asking for suggestions on what to start looking at.
@aibeira. I had the same problem, but with an enhancement. See https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/parallel-runs-at-different-speeds-same-in-the-past.69939/. You can try using a version of AnyDVD from the SlySoft days. See if you get the 5MB/s rips using the old Slysoft AnyDVD versions. Is your burner and internal one and are you writing to an internal burner? I tested many different combo setups of burners and HDD and the latest AnyDVD fixed my problems. Did you check your drivers? You can try the Windows Task Manager and see if any apps are hogging up resources. Is your Anti-Virus or other resources software running in the background? Otherwise, I can't suggest what else to do.

using a version from the slysoft days. That answer is in your quote. Yes, happening with v7. Burner type is irrelevant. Anti-virus has no impact on the ripper either. Only thing i can say is to post a logfile and perhaps james can take a look.

Ok. Thanks, guys. This machine does nothing except run AnyDVD. The anti virus us turned off, and I've checked the resources in use, and found nothing. I'll just format it and reinstall. Like I said, this machine exists only to run AnyDVD.

For anyone that cares, I reinstalled Windows, and then reinstalled 8.0.3.1, and my ripping speeds are back up. I do not know what to point at, I acknowledge that it could just have been coincidence, but the slow down started after upgrading from 7 to 8, and then uninstalling 8 and re-installing 7 did not resolve the problem. Clearly (at least to me), something was changed, either directly by, or indirectly because of, the install of 8 that cause the speeds to drop to approximately 20% of what they were.

For anyone that cares, I reinstalled Windows, and then reinstalled 8.0.3.1, and my ripping speeds are back up. I do not know what to point at, I acknowledge that it could just have been coincidence, but the slow down started after upgrading from 7 to 8, and then uninstalling 8 and re-installing 7 did not resolve the problem. Clearly (at least to me), something was changed, either directly by, or indirectly because of, the install of 8 that cause the speeds to drop to approximately 20% of what they were.
Don't know if you have an external drive, but, from the change log:
8.0.3.1 2016 07 11
- New: Reduced CPU load when idle
- New (Blu-ray): Support for new discs
- New (Blu-ray): Additional logging
- New (DVD): Support for new discs
- Fix (Blu-ray): Low rip speed with some external drives
- Fix: Some strings in Asian translations were not shown
- Some fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

Don't know if you have an external drive, but, from the change log:
Right. It is an external drive. When I read the release notes, I was hopeful. However, I had installed 8.0.3.1 previously, before reinstalling, and it made no difference.

It (the problem) has passed now, thankfully, but it was there.

Back