• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Samuri's *UN*Official SlyPlayer(tm) Thread

Please don't bother with 3D compatibility, 3D is just a gimmick, always has been, always will be.
20 years time Blu-rays will be very old tech, if the world hasn't ended in 2012 as the movie industry suggests ;)

Eh... I would gladly pay for 3D-enabled SlyPlayer. Even if it means waiting somewhat longer.

Eh... I would gladly pay for 3D-enabled SlyPlayer. Even if it means waiting somewhat longer.
I want the "Holosuite" from the Starship Enterprise even if it means waiting longer.:D:D:D:D ( just joking).

My Wish for the New Player

I have a simple request (that may be technically difficult). I want to be able to use AnyDVD HD to rip my BD disk to a hard drive (I can do that already) and use a player to read it from disk (menus, options and all) just like I was using a BD player and playing the BD disk directly. So the player would not only need to understand the AVC, VC-1 as well as MPEG-2 and H.264/MPEG-4 encoding but also the BD file structure and how it is all supposed to work. This is especially important to me for episodic titles such as TV Shows which typically have 3 or more episodes on a single disk. I can do that already today for DVD's using VLC. But so far I have found nothing that can do that for BD disks. I know... I can transcode it to other formats and pull out my individual titles etc.. but I really like to have the ability to have all my videos on a hard drive in all of their original glory and then to play them like I was actually playing the DVD or BD disk directly. Yes I have tens of terabytes of disk space plus I maintain backups of the hard drives. And if I need a more compressed version or just one of the titles (like for my iPhone) it is a fairly quick transcode when the files are all on disk. And it is easy to perform a large number of such operations in a batch mode when all the files are already on disk. Not to mention that I can serve up the disk files any where within my local network as long as I have the appropriate hardware at the intended location. Also if there were a mac version of the player that would be awesome as I find that I spend more and more of my computer time in the Mac world these days. (I know this had already been requested, and probably rejected. But I thought I would add my vote).

Anyway thanks for listening.

I have a simple request (that may be technically difficult). I want to be able to use AnyDVD HD to rip my BD disk to a hard drive (I can do that already) and use a player to read it from disk (menus, options and all) just like I was using a BD player and playing the BD disk directly. So the player would not only need to understand the AVC, VC-1 as well as MPEG-2 and H.264/MPEG-4 encoding but also the BD file structure and how it is all supposed to work. This is especially important to me for episodic titles such as TV Shows which typically have 3 or more episodes on a single disk. I can do that already today for DVD's using VLC. But so far I have found nothing that can do that for BD disks. I know... I can transcode it to other formats and pull out my individual titles etc.. but I really like to have the ability to have all my videos on a hard drive in all of their original glory and then to play them like I was actually playing the DVD or BD disk directly. Yes I have tens of terabytes of disk space plus I maintain backups of the hard drives. And if I need a more compressed version or just one of the titles (like for my iPhone) it is a fairly quick transcode when the files are all on disk. And it is easy to perform a large number of such operations in a batch mode when all the files are already on disk. Not to mention that I can serve up the disk files any where within my local network as long as I have the appropriate hardware at the intended location. Also if there were a mac version of the player that would be awesome as I find that I spend more and more of my computer time in the Mac world these days. (I know this had already been requested, and probably rejected. But I thought I would add my vote).

Anyway thanks for listening.

Try MyMovies. It uses AnyDVD for its ripping functions and handles episodic content quite well.
http://www.mymovies.dk/

I don't think James can say anything- I don't think he wants to stop ALL sales of arcsoft and powerdvd so early... That would just be cruel! :)

From my understanding and I may be wrong the slyplayer will be built into CloneBD I heard.

From my understanding and I may be wrong the slyplayer will be built into CloneBD I heard.

Um, what?? No. It will most likely share some of the same technology that CloneBD uses to parse BD's and HD DVD's and all that, but, it won't be built in. They're separate products.

I m starting to think that Slyplayer is a hoax and will never be released. :p

This discussion has been going on a long time... you would think if its a hoax it would be squashed by Slysoft.

I must say i have to agree. It sure seems like a hoax. Its been in discussion for how long now? one would think there would have been some sort of official word by now. Something at the very least saying its in alpha or its almost ready for alpha or something. Or maybe they are done and they are keeping for themselves. That way the are now the only ones on the planet able to play BR's on a pc without a headache:bang:

Mister Slysoft Sir, if your out there.... pa pa please give us a sign. you dont even have to say anything about the slyplayer. just come on here and give your loyal minions a wink and a nod.:bowdown:

I would like to see Sly Player be able to bypass the disk structure menu and directly access chapters, play the movie instantly, etc. Anyone think this might be possible?

That should be possible at some point if not at the start. SlyPlayer should be able to parse the entire disc so it should be doable.

Oh that would be so nice. Forget the disk menu, access the ISO as through Slyplayer is controlling everything, select, say "Chapters" and access the chapter you want directly to show off your movie theater or something. Like the way Kaliedescape does with their direct chapter access for dvds.

Obviously I can't speak for SlySoft, but, if they're using the CloneBD technology in the background to parse the disc, I don't see why this couldn't be possible.

I no longer know whether Slyplayer be published or not, because it is so long that it is spoken, but it is also true that it is not easy to design a flexible player with all the demands of passionate users.
In this regard, in my opinion, it would be fair to ask a small contribution entirely deserved, maybe just 10-30 euros (indicative figure) or free donation, at least to repay the commitment and time spent to develop this project.

In this regard I want to say that there is currently no player flexible and quality in the sense that at present the only possibility to change renderer (Audio and Video), and then post processing is codec MediaPlayerClassic Home Cinema.
This player is currently limited to a few important features:
1 - Unable to navigate through the menu Bluray, this fact is limited as it fails to discegliere (for some discs) the extended versions or cinematographic
films.
2 - Inability to activate forced subtitles

I hope at least that these features may be included in Slyplayer provided that it is a real project that will see the light.

THANKS

Last edited:
It takes time to develop things. Windows 7 started in Jan of 08 and wasnt released until almost two years later. This has only been talked about for what, 9 months. Let them work on it. It will be coming. It will be fantastic. Personally I would rather have them keep up the good work on updating AnyDVD HD. Anything else is just an added bonus.

It takes time to develop things. Windows 7 started in Jan of 08 and wasnt released until almost two years later. This has only been talked about for what, 9 months. Let them work on it. It will be coming. It will be fantastic. Personally I would rather have them keep up the good work on updating AnyDVD HD. Anything else is just an added bonus.

Windows Vista RTM'd in November 2006, Windows 7 was like 2 or 3 months into the planning phases at that point. Software of that scope takes years.

9 months is a pretty good length of time to get a single up running, if not really working.

Back