• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Samuri's *UN*Official SlyPlayer(tm) Thread

I too have been extremely happy with my Slysoft products. I too purchased AnyDVD, CloneDVD, and CloneCD back when they were in dollars. I actually purchased the upgrade to HD in Euros which was a little pricy but I still love it because it just works. I am just a little biased I guess. I have always liked the fact that Slysoft does what is best for the consumer first rather than what is best for Hollywood first. And their products just give me what I am after in a very simple way. There are complex solutions to solve about every problem if you want to screw with your registry or install various small programs, but I like sticking to a simple intigrated solution and I am sure Slysoft will provide that. I wouldn't mind if they charged a small amount for the player if it help to speed up development. It would just be nice to get it sooner than later.

I too have been extremely happy with my Slysoft products. I too purchased AnyDVD, CloneDVD, and CloneCD back when they were in dollars. I actually purchased the upgrade to HD in Euros which was a little pricy but I still love it because it just works. I am just a little biased I guess. I have always liked the fact that Slysoft does what is best for the consumer first rather than what is best for Hollywood first. And their products just give me what I am after in a very simple way. There are complex solutions to solve about every problem if you want to screw with your registry or install various small programs, but I like sticking to a simple intigrated solution and I am sure Slysoft will provide that. I wouldn't mind if they charged a small amount for the player if it help to speed up development. It would just be nice to get it sooner than later.

Ditto and Amen

Then you'll be apologizing. There are several reasons why they'd release it for free. You do understand it doesn't work with protected sources, right? So, for BD and HD DVD playback you'll need AnyDVD HD. Virtual CloneDrive is free, so, it's not unheard of, you know. :)

but if you need anydvd hd to be able to use the "slysoft player" then is no free, first you have to pay 100.00 then you can use the player, is that free? can i use slysoft player to play unprotected BD From my hd whit out anydvd hd?

but if you need anydvd hd to be able to use the "slysoft player" then is no free, first you have to pay 100.00 then you can use the player, is that free? can i use slysoft player to play unprotected BD From my hd whit out anydvd hd?

It will play any unprotected source. The _player_ is going to be free. No one said anything about protection removal being free. How you unprotect the content is up to you. It's being offered for free to augment the capabilities of existing AnyDVD users...which clearly makes sense.

give me a break

So by your logic, any of the "free" tools that we currently use to tweak our backups in some way aren't free (ClownBD, TsMuxer, BDInfo, etc) since you pretty much have to have AnyDVDHD to make them useful.

So if a gas station starts giving away free gas, it really isn't free because you had to pay for the car that uses the gas???:doh:

Yup, that's some solid reasonin' there buddy:disagree:

So by your logic, any of the "free" tools that we currently use to tweak our backups in some way aren't free (ClownBD, TsMuxer, BDInfo, etc) since you pretty much have to have AnyDVDHD to make them useful.

So if a gas station starts giving away free gas, it really isn't free because you had to pay for the car that uses the gas???:doh:

Yup, that's some solid reasonin' there buddy:disagree:

Don't forget the $100 you need for windows.

Also slyplayer isn't free because you need at least $500 worth of computer to play it on.

Also slyplayer is not free because it doesn't come with any movies to play with it.

Don't forget the $100 you need for windows.

Also slyplayer isn't free because you need at least $500 worth of computer to play it on.

Also slyplayer is not free because it doesn't come with any movies to play with it.

That's right, you have to purchase the movies. And don't forget about electricity. Slyplayer will need the computer, which uses electricity.

So when it's all said and done, Slyplayer will probably be THE most expensive piece of software ever made (considering all the stuff you have to buy just to use it):bang:

That's right, you have to purchase the movies. And don't forget about electricity. Slyplayer will need the computer, which uses electricity.

So when it's all said and done, Slyplayer will probably be THE most expensive piece of software ever made (considering all the stuff you have to buy just to use it)

... and it won't even have Moovie Live. It might even not support downmixing of audio to 16 bits... ;)

Alright...that's enough of that now. We get the point. :)

Hang in there. I suspect they're working on it still.

System Requirements?

So, in all the reading I've done, I'm still not clear on what is actually required to bitstream HD audio. Does the ability to bitstream lie in the hardware or the software?

I've read that the Xonar and Auzentech are tied to PDVD and TMT3, but does that mean you can "hack" the Xonar to bitstream without using TMT? Or hack TMT to bitstream without using the Xonar? Are they intertwined so you need both?

If it's a bit of both, will the slyplayer need specific hardware to bitstream? Will it work on say, an Ion 330 machine? What about VIA or AMD?

I also read that the core i3 has bitstreaming built in. Will that solve all this nonsense and let us bitstream with TMT without the Xonar?

about a evaluation of a release date of a alpha ou beta version, we have no news ... ?
I understand that this soft is a lot of work but it would good to give some information to slysoft customer ...

Devs and testers pls. make sure, the new player will be capable of working with high quality net streams in FLAC/.ogg since only VLC and foo[l]bar (MPC-HC sometimes) do that at the moment. And I hate to maintain several different players just because none of them is capable to do it all.. Thanks

e.g. CD quality internet stream based on real freeair/FM station:
http://amp1.cesnet.cz:8000/cro-d-dur.flac.m3u

e.g. 224kb/s quality internet stream based on real freeair/FM station:
http://amp.cesnet.cz:8000/cro-d-dur-256.ogg

So, in all the reading I've done, I'm still not clear on what is actually required to bitstream HD audio. Does the ability to bitstream lie in the hardware or the software?

I've read that the Xonar and Auzentech are tied to PDVD and TMT3, but does that mean you can "hack" the Xonar to bitstream without using TMT? Or hack TMT to bitstream without using the Xonar? Are they intertwined so you need both?

If it's a bit of both, will the slyplayer need specific hardware to bitstream? Will it work on say, an Ion 330 machine? What about VIA or AMD?

I also read that the core i3 has bitstreaming built in. Will that solve all this nonsense and let us bitstream with TMT without the Xonar?

I can't answer what the SlySoft gurus will come up with, but, I've been involved in helping with the ffdshow tryout bitstreaming effort which has been successful and I can tell you it requires a bit of magic. Currently there are only 3 types of cards supported by ffdshow...the Xonar, the ATI 5xxx cards (NOT the 4xxx cards), and the new Clarkdale chipset. Even though the Auzentech is capable of bitstreaming, I don't believe albain got it to work. Also, it looks like the ATI 4xxx cards are not capable of bitstreaming even though technically they should be able to. Again, maybe SlySoft will work some of their magic on this issue, but, at the moment there is at least an OSS bitstreaming solution out there for now. If I were building a new machine today for HTPC, it'd without a doubt use either an ATI 5xxx or Clarkdale solution. They are the most open bitstreaming solutions out there and are very promiscuous with who they bitstream with. Soon, both will bitstream with all 3 commercial players and ffdshow. Not a bad track record.

What is needed for a vc1 blu ray player player anyway?
- A m2ts
- haali media splitter
- video decoder, ac3 filter, internal script command renderer
- video render, default directsound device
- Then you need to get to work with dxva and have hd audio.

All very hard to do. Then make it for free and let anydvd hd plug into it.
Then make it 3D compatible, which means the mvc codec is now nessesary too.

e83e6f65916159.gif

Just to make one filter it would take hundereds of hours of coding to do it from beginning to end, and how many filters for vc1 blu ray? 6 filters.
Then making those filters dxva compatible is a whole nother problem that would take many more hours.
Then of course bug testing, and debugging: anybody can code, only coding pro's can debug, so just this step is huge dedication to do properly.

Maybe in 20 years there will be slyplayer. Don't lose sleep waiting for it.

Last edited:
I know what slysoft is going to do with Slyplayer, it all makes sense now.
- The gnu license says you can't sell the files make under their license, it has to be free.
- MPC-HC can use anydvd-hd and play blu ray disks. MPC-HC is free, anydvd is not.
- So, if Slyplayer uses gnu software that is free it is legal to do so, as they are making a player as free as MPC-HC, it costs nothing.
- I thought that slysoft was going to make it's own plugins, but they they would have plugins available from gnu if they made slyplayer free. Then they would make a project page over at sourceforge and be a gnu product. If the gnu sw used is safe from lawyers then the gnu slyplayer would be too.

Then make it 3D compatible, which means the mvc codec is now nessesary too.

Maybe in 20 years there will be slyplayer. Don't lose sleep waiting for it.

Please don't bother with 3D compatibility, 3D is just a gimmick, always has been, always will be.
20 years time Blu-rays will be very old tech, if the world hasn't ended in 2012 as the movie industry suggests ;)

Back